Is there some way to reduce the number of AI in a race in forza cup?

The AI in this game are trash, they brake after the apex, drive into the back of you going into turns (esp turn 1) drive into the side of you pretty much any time you’re on the racing line whether be on the straight or in a corner, I’ve had them flat dive bomb me and push me completely off course going into a turn.

All this is annoying, but starting in the middle of a 20+ car pack, only to be used as a ping pong ball for the first lap, gets old pretty quick. If there’s no way to limit them (there should be) is there at least an option to start somewhere else, the back, the front, in the pits, anywhere but mid pack of a bunch of simulated 12 year olds would be great.

No, the number of Drivatars is pre-determined for every event.

Some events will have smaller fields but the majority will have 24 cars.

Bah! >:( If they want these big fields they should make proper AI then.

1 Like

Turn AI aggression to on,it works better set to on,some seem to think they got the setting backwards,all I know is the AI behave better set to on.

Bah! >:( If they want these big fields they should make proper AI then.
[/quote]
Turn AI aggression to on,it works better set to on,some seem to think they got the setting backwards,all I know is the AI behave better set to on.

[/quote]

Agreed turning aggression on helps a little, but the AI still sucks!

I definitely feel that there are way to many drivers on the track. Ya ok great the Xbox One X is almighty and powerful, but rendering that many cars is useless. take that power and make the game look even better! I also dislike the fact you can make the cars “Less Aggressive” in the settings, however they do not know where you are. If you are on the racing line and they aren’t, they’re going to smash into you full force to get onto that racing line.

If the AI is based on real life human game play then I’m not surprised they’re aggressive. I’d be a horrible Drivatar on the 1st corner.

You know guys I don’t have this problem… Sure I’m cautious during Turn 1… But I run 80% mostly and Unbeatable sometimes. But even at 60% if I’m carefull in turn 1/2 and just let the first few turns work out the AI are pretty good. Of course this don’t work well on Stndard race length… Only long or Extra Long

There seem to be a lot more mods for higher start position the last week or so. Reds are good for +4 places; Golds are good for +5.

they have added move up the grid mods? i havent seen those befgore, but i havent played much lately waiting untill i finish designing and building a steering wheel setup for a g920

The AI is usually pretty good about giving me enough room to get by, and they don’t bulldoze me in the corners quite as much as the last couple of games. But when they get up to their old shenanigans I have no qualms about bullying them out of my way. And those instances where they drive through me in a turn can usually be resolved with a quick rewind, after which the offending AI either remembers how to drive or they comically forget what they’re doing entirely and go careening off…

I hate the idea of rewinds in a racing game but thanks to the idiotic AI in this game I have started to use it this time around.

The greater problem I have with the horrible AI is a side-effect of it: Racing on high difficulty isn’t fun because there is no racing dynamic whatsoever. You can’t tail the AI and wait for a little room to make a move or have wheel to wheel battles. To elaborate: The AI brakes way too hard at weird points, mid-apex or isn’t able to take turns at all (who doesn’t know the “Forza turns” like the last turn on Road Atlanta, the upwards lefthander before the corkscrew on Laguna Seca or the Karussell on the Nordschleife). So either you pass them braindeadly in these turns or slow down unnecessary to stay behind them but due to the insane speed boosts the AI gets on “unbeatable” on straights, you are mostly unable to pass them there, even with more exit speed.
Thus real racing nearly never occurs. You fall behind on straights even in the same stock car and have braindead passes in turns the AI can’t take.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with this. Take note, T10. (I know they won’t)

If you want people to take part in “legitimate” e-sports racing series using your game, make any effort at all to simulate racing conditions in the single player experience. That’s where players learn how the game works, and instead it teaches you to ignore racing etiquette and force your way through instead of planning and executing passes. At the same time, it fails to spend any time at all explaining…anything about the mechanics of racing, and in higher difficulties seems more focused on frustrating the player than challenging him.

2 Likes