Is it just me?

So are the cars alive again after the new update?

WELL!!! Honestly, after playing my go to 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer, the game feels right! It’s only one race, in one car, but so far, the physics seem great and AI much better. I’ll update further when I get more time to race. Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread so far.

I don’t think anything’s changed, though I wish they would rework the rain steering mechanics - your tires barely turn even when you slow down adequately. The wheel becomes really loose when you step into dirt or grass, why not rain? Doesn’t wet tarmac make your car’s wheel looser, just like dirt and grass?

Not nearly to the degree that non-racing surfaces do. Wet tarmac still has a much higher coefficient of friction than dirt or grass. That being said, rain driving is much too easy in the game. I drive exactly the same as in the dry, except I just dodge the puddles.

Try Project CARS, when you are on slicks and rain starts pouring out it’s damn right unplayable. :slight_smile:

But I agree with what you say, rain racing is broken. So much blah blah about the 3D puddles when the game was being hyped but they end up just a gimmick anyway.

I hope these dreadful puddles do not make a return in FM7 - to have them in Horizon is fine since they are on open/public roads so to speak, but on a closed circuit where taking optimal racing lines is even more crucial in wet racing? Complete stupidity. The speed sensitivity steering comes even more strongly into play in the rain. Reallyyy have to slow down to turn properly.

Gee, people complain how dark it is in the night races and how difficult it is in the rain. People asked for those things, version after version after version. Sort of like demanding the Bugatti for so long, then it was put in the game and people complain they can’t drive it, it won’t turn, etc.

Careful what is asked for.

2 Likes

Firstly, there’s nothing at all to suggest that the people complaining about rain and night were the same group of people who asked for them.

Secondly, it’s perfectly possible to think a feature would be a good idea in principle but then object to a really poor implementation.

Personally, I think the unlit night tracks look embarrassingly last-gen and the wet tracks are just ridiculous, and the game would be improved by binning all of them, especially since those conditions are classed as separate ribbons and so screw up the track rotations by making us drive the tracks with wet and night variants more often than those without. I can imagine how both weather and time of day could have added to the franchise, but they weren’t done that way.

1 Like

OP, now you feel the pain of wheel users. Degree of Rotation is way off on a wheel.

1 Like

And I didn’t suggest they were the same people, did I? Implementation, apparently is the wrong thing for Turn 10 to do because people say it “could have been done better” and was “done the wrong way.” BTW - in real life driving on public roads, water on the roadway puddles can be extremely dangerous at 30 mph, let along trying to drive through them at 100-plus.

Apparently no one is satisfied, no matter what they attempt to do. (That is NOT to say some things - like the user-created private rooms and the KICK methods aren’t sorely missed.)

Nah, I don’t think “some people will complain no matter what they do” cuts it when a feature is as universally disliked as the wet tracks are. I don’t think I’ve heard or read a single complementary comment about them, at any time since launch.