[INVESTIGATING] Telemetry problems after April update

I haven’t been on for a while but just discovered this today (date of post) I’m on pc also so does not appear to be system specific. Hopefully we see a fix before another 28 days go by

I thought the camber issue was a one off glitch so reinstalled my game. Zero camber in telemetry still there. Hope it gets fixed soon as this is a key feature for tuning.

+1 Telemetry bug on all the above listed issues

Add
Steering widget not working correctly. . On Normal steering it doesn’t go left and not giving correct DOR reading
On Simulation better but again not properly representing DOR.

It would be much easier to spot these telemetry issues - and improve the utility of telemetry - if there was a simple line graph plot of last 10 secs of data (say 40 datapoints) on each screen. Certainly for the suspension screen, 4 graphs (one per wheel) could completely replace the moving spring icons and be 10x more effective.

Telemetry issues still present after June update.

Issue continues. Caught this trying to determine if the update fixed this. It did not.

Sometimes Ghost league spectate Telemetry shows everyone driving automatics with all assists like ABS, TCS and STM turned on.

Anyone have any workarounds, as clearly this is taking way too long to fix?

For example, in the Heat screen, I’m pretty sure that the temps for the left tires are reversed, ie inner = outer, so I try to tune using the right tires only. Does that check out?

Well I guess this isn’t the busiest forum in the world, so I will attempt to answer my own question.

I realized that if one or more wheels was ‘reversed’ ie temp inner was really temp outer, then its just a matter of proving it for each wheel. The test I came up with was to pick a fast powerful car (DBS) and set the camber (front and rear) to ZERO. Then I drove Maple Valley full for a few laps and watched the telemetry on the replay.

I was wrong about the left wheels being reversed and the right being ‘good’. In my test, the LEFT wheels behaved exactly as you’d expect with zero camber - the outers get much hotter than the inners in a sustained turn. The right wheels did exactly the opposite. I rechecked on Homestead, same result.

Hope this helps: left side good side on the Heat screen.

So I will now go ahead and recheck the alignment on the 30 or so cars I have set up in last 2 months.

Yup, it’s been an issue since release that hasn’t been fixed. Along with Camber seemingly showing as 0 at all times & tuning that you’d expect to change tyre temps, does nothing to the temps.

The July update is a really great one, but unfortunately this problem is still not fixed. And I’m not talking about the tyre temperatur issue discussed in the last few posts, but the initial problem, which was introduced with the April update (see quote).

1 Like

I’m getting so used to reading the right tire temps backwards that it will really screw me up when they (eventually) fix the telemetry.

It’s now over 3 months since this issue was reported. Can we please have an update?

It’s hardly surprising these forums are so dead - there seems no point in posting any issues and expecting a timely fix.

It’s the same as one month ago. I’m happy with the August update, but the telemetry problem is still not fixed.

I guess we can just hope that maybe at some point it either gets fixed or our continuous attention gives this a higher priority.

But some of the other problems were fixed. Thanks!

The issues are still present with Tire Temps and the other menus as well.

??? Ive been playing for a few hours and the telemetry seems to be fixed apart from the suspension screen where you still get the countdown from some huge number. However, camber, and heat across tires seem to be working fine now.

The delayed values for throttle/brake/clutch/handbrake and boost pressure on the “General” screen are definitely not fixed. But camber and the steering angle while turning left seem to be alright now.

This telemetry issue is very annoying when tuning cars, it was bad enough it took 9 months to fix some simple issues like car menus but the game is still a complete shambles with embarrassing car menu lag even after the “fix” on a One X…

Since when was it acceptable to release a half developed game and rely on the PAYING users to deal with all the issues and report them? then fix them 9 months later?

Forza peaked at 4, interestingly just around the time that Forza Horizon was being conceived.

Any updated timelines for fixing the telemetry bugs introduced by the April update. Title has “Investigating” but it should be a pretty simple thing to fix - take a look at what telemetry source code changed for the April update, review and retest for the things T10 broke in that single update.