[INVESTIGATING] Incorrect Stock Rims on the 2019 Corvette ZR1

I like Forza games. Pls fix!

There are some Z06 resemblence parts in the zr1. As pointed out the wheels are different, the gauge cluster (i think the whole interior) is directly out of the Z06 but coloured to be like the Design Package (you can see Z06 next to the boost gauge). I hope Playground fixes this not immediately but before the next forza game (also potentially swap the interior to the 7 speed manual, not a must do but it would make the car completely different to the Z06). I love driving the ZR1 as it is so damn easy. Also we should be happy that the ZR1 is actually in the game (not perfect but its in the game) as Forza is the first console/PC game to have the new ZR1 in it.

2019 GT3 RS was similar, it was not the Weissach pack like the GT2 RS and there was a small bug with the vinyl on the right side (straight mirrored from the left).

Definitely agree that this needs addressed. Part of a trim is the rims. You don’t see a Heckcat riding around on SE rims. Especially when said rims aren’t even available for that trim. I’m starting to believe this studio doesn’t care as much as they use to, it’s sloppy details that will kill the excitement of a new product. I just can’t think of a logical reason as to how this got passed through development, testing, etc.

1 Like

I really hope that a dev notices this and addresses the issue. I’d just like to know whether the rims will be changed to the correct style and if so when.

Do these kind of things ever actually get fixed… Was really looking forward to this car.

3 Likes

Thankfully the unremovable roof on the 650S Spider is getting fixed, so that gives me hope that the wheels on this will be addressed and fixed also.

I hope someone notices this. I was very angry to see the Z06 wheels on the ZR1 but the ZL1 1LE has the correct wheels

1 Like

ZL1 is just the Camaro with a wing, canards and new wheels. Laziest DLC car ever. :frowning:

I think it’s in a different group in the game but it still doesn’t justify its existence instead of the original.

There have been very weird decisions surrounding the car list for this game. We have two Aston Martin DB5s, the regular and JB one, which are basically the same from a performance standpoint. We also have two Lamborghini Urus now and the better one (the production model) does not have the offroad bodykit, which makes it less interesting than the older one. And now we have a DLC car that’s basically one we had in the game plus an aero package and new wheels. Seriously, the 1LE isn’t even a distinct version of the Camaro, it’s a track pack ALL Camaros can get, even the base version.

I’m also really annoyed by the fact highly anticipated cars such as Corvette ZR1 and BMW M5 have inexplicable bugs while stuff nobody cares about like the Peel Trident seem perfectly modeled. Since I play the game to drive cars and not glorified mopeds, and as an owner of the Ultimate Edition, I find this situation highly disappointing. Credit where credit’s due (map design in general), but the stars of the game are the cars and what we’ve been getting is not worth the money.

6 Likes

Sure, and the Hellcat is just a Charger with a different front, hood, and rear diffusers.

There’s no SRT8 in the game, just the Hellcat.

In fact, this comparison does not hold up, because the SRT8 in FM7 is clearly modeled worse than the Hellcat. ForzaVista model is much different, starting with the engine itself, which in the SRT8 is lower detail and obviously different (392 vs. Hellcat). Rollcage in 392 is also modeled worse.

In the Camaro’s case, the car is almost the same, it only has the aero package and wheels. Physics data is also easy to source for this car considering how recent it is. Sound sample is the exact sample as the standard ZL1. It should’ve been an aerokit for the ZL1 much like how the C63BS has, but Playground simply wasn’t smart with this car. It would have been better to have Mosler as DLC and the 1LE as an upgrade for the base Camaro. You wouldn’t get the wheels, of course, but it could’ve been the time to finally introduce OEM wheel options in Forza.

NFS started to fall by doing things like these…

1 Like

Idk what you’re going on about, I was just stating the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are different kinds of vehicles.

This. It’s a real shame that these highly requested cars aren’t getting as much justice in the modelling department. I’m okay with the M5 (since it has all the correct parts) but the ZR1 is just unacceptable in my eyes. A DLC car should always have an outstanding and accurate model, and the ZR1 clearly doesn’t have one. The fact that small Z06 badges are in the interior is bad enough, but the fact that the wheels, an extremely important element of the car, are just copied straight from the Z06 is insulting. I don’t know how they thought we wouldn’t notice or care.

1 Like

Sigh, still radio silence from the Forza team. I really don’t want this to become another issue that’s just forgotten and swept under the rug. I’d think that a glaring issue like this would get attention from the devs. Hopefully someone speaks out to us soon.

1 Like

agreed! This is driving me insane

1 Like

Aaaand still no reply from the devs. I even sent a direct message to Chevrolet on Twitter asking if they could do anything about it. I encourage everyone to submit a ticket about this issue, hopefully then we’ll get info from the devs if they notice a lot of people care.

1 Like

Dude dont even get any hopes on this, they are not gonna fix it, theres some much cars with even worse bugs, go and look agera rs, it uses so much one:1 parts thats are wrong in real life example the bonnet have air intakes that are only avaiable on one:1 and uses old one:1 seats etc. Lambo aventador sv, steering wheel buttons are not even there.
They are busy making dab and floss emotes and those “cool” ducking yellow and the whole color spectre wellies that everybody “wants”.

2 Likes

I don’t have my hopes up, but I don’t think it’s entirely impossible for this to get fixed as:

1. It’s a DLC car that requires real money to be used.
  2. From what I’ve seen the 2019 ZR1 was a higly requested car. A lot of people will be (and are) upset that it doesn’t even have the correct rims.

I’m really hoping this thread continues to get a steady flow of attention, so that there’s a higher chance of us getting a response from the devs. IIRC the issue with the 650S Spider’s roof was addressed pretty quickly (within two weeks I think) so hopefully it’ll be a similar story with this.

1 Like

First thing I noticed was the wheels being wrong. It’s not a game breaker, but it is surprising considering the way they hype this game and the details.

2 Likes

The ZR1 has lots of issues. like one where a mustang with the same power and weight is twice as quick