Intermittent understeer

I know this sounds strange, but at times my cars steering becomes rough and shows a wicked understeer. It stays like this for a while and then it goes away.

Any explanations or cures?

Thanks,
MikeC

1 Like

I understand this is an old post, but this’ll have benefits for not just you, but other people as well looking through these posts. a lot of this has to do with either Bump/ rebound, Camber, differential settings either being set to high or low, or the car simply needs a bit of toe.

I don’t know what your settings or the car, But a lot of the time it’s your damping causing the most drama due to them not being setup properly.

increase bump 3 ticks to the side that’s causing the problem. now that it’s set, your rebound may cause this problem during an elevation change, or shifting weight, it’s easy to confuse it with your bump settings, apply the same logic to the bump till your satisfied (3 ticks).

damping is a Balancing act Keep that in mind! it’s hard to keep track of during your test. to much or to little will make the car unbalanced.

I hope I explained it as best I could. wish you the best with your tuning, and to those who are reading to this.