Informative Socials & FH4 Media (Last Update: 20/11/19 - Update16 - TOYOTA IS BACK)

(Last Update: 13/02/19 10:00am GMT)

As requested, I’m going to update this post with everything social & community related for Forza Horizon 4. I also would like to point out that there is a lot of things coming up within the next few months which I will add to here so whilst it may look bare, it will soon fill up.

If you have any further suggestions, ideas, feedback or comments on how Playground Games can improve the communication/transparency between Dev and the players or relating to this post – Please discuss here.

Here are the current social medias & information sources:
(For anything relating to Motorsport, check out the Motorsport Forums)

Discord - BRAND NEW. Discuss everything Forza
Forums - Week in Review, Blog, Discussions
Twitter - Short Summary, In-Game Assets/Visuals
Instagram - Short Summary, In-Game Assets/Visuals
Mixer - Mixer Streams & VODs of the streams
Twitch - Twitch Streams
Youtube - YouTube streams, Trailers

Following this thread and feedback this is what I’ll be working towards to hopefully improve our social aspect.

Current Issues:
Issue: Finding an Ideal Transcript for the stream.
Fix: Move forward with alternatives such as Stream Summary/Update videos

Looking Into/Moving forward:

• Stream Summary
  • Dev and/or Stream Update videos
  • Polls

Backlog for future discussion:

• Q & A (I would put this in the above section, but further discussion is needed to ‘how’ we are going to do a Q&A appropriately)
  • Roadmap (similar reason to Q & A)
  • Lists of the top information = “Top 5”
  • Forum Status (as it’s not under my control)
  • Support page (as it’s not under my control but I’ll keep asking for this to be communicated better)
  • Whiteboard / Digital visual board
4 Likes

Forza Horizon 4 – Update 16
To view the VOD click here

Supra Reveal
Yes. The Toyota Supra is coming to Forza Horizon 4!

Tom’s Deals
Those watching the livestream or playing Forza Horizon 4 during the stream timeframe, experienced a short burst of changes within the Forzathon shop. You could get specific car for a discounted price for a short time period.

The following changes took place – UK Time:

• Alfa Romeo Guilia TZ2 – From 350FP to 175FP
  • Apollo Intensa Emozione – From 2000FP to 100FP
  • Koenigsegg CCX – From 400FP to 200FP
  • Restricted Cars in Multiplayer*
    Some cars will no longer be permitted in competitive multiplayer modes like Rivals and Online Adventure. These restrictions are being applied to ensure that all multiplayer modes have a wide selection of competitive vehicles. For now, only two vehicles will be affected by this change: the 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker and the 2018 Top Gear Track-Tor.
  • Showcase Remix Redux – Motocross Purposes*
    The age-old question: Dirtbike, or Buggy? Okay, maybe that’s not quite an age-old question, but it’s still a fun one to answer. Show those two-wheelers how to do things the Horizon way in this returning Showcase Remix. Just make sure your Ariel Nomad makes it back in one piece!
  • Showcase Remix – Morning Rush*
    Crowded, noisy stations. Cold winds and bad coffee. Grumpy commuters packed into a standing-room-only metal tube for HOURS on end. With all of this, why would you take the train anywhere? Instead, give Isha’s Taxis a call. We’ll come right to your door, and we’ll get you where you need to go faster than ANY train. Don’t believe us? We’ll prove it!
  • Updates & Fixes*
    Auction House Improvements
  • Added the ability to quickly select Manufacturers in the Auction House Search interface.

Cross-Platform Fixes

• Fixed an issue where players were incorrectly placed into a previously created custom route
  • Various stability and performance improvements
6 Likes

Dev Diary (Title to be confirmed)

(You can watch all our streams via our YouTube channel here).

Under the community request we have decided to start a monthly ‘Developer Update’ video which will give you a very quick 2-3 minutes update about Forza Horizon 4. These can be a summary of a stream and/or information of recent changes to the game which we would like to tell you all about.

These are still a work in progress, and we’re looking to make these more frequent alongside giving more updates rather than stream summaries, so all feedback would be greatly appreciated! (But please post it here).

History of videos: Links may be pending

• 8th March 2019 - Update 6 (Seasonal Playground Games, Seasonal Street Races, Ken Block cosmetics, Car Pass Cars, Skill Stream, QOL Improvements & Community Championships)

UPDATE - This is currently being delayed and reworked. But we are hoping to present this in the future.

5 Likes