Ideas Wanted! Contests & Events

Hi Co Pilot and all

If I may i’d like to chime in with a suggestion or four.

Anything that I write here is of a photography bias. Although, it may also be applicable to livery creation too.

Firstly. What @Brokenvegetable said.
This incorporates my view in that it would be useful that each photo competition have some kind of brief or loose guidelines. This could be used to T10/PG’s advantage, as they may want exposure of the latest car pack, add on, manufacturer, etc etc. The possibilities could be endless.

Secondly. In game, the introduction of a new area within the creation hub, dedicated solely to Photography. Similar to the ‘Featured Photo’ etc but with it’s own dedicated page. Used to showcase the best photos of the week, month, year, whatever.

Thirdly, within said creative showcase area ^^^, an option for all players to vote for their favourite photo of the week? (one vote only) You could have the chosen T10/PG ten winners, then a public vote for an overall winner?

Finally, maybe a review section of the chosen ten photos of the week on one of the official Forza streams? To discuss and critique the photographs? talk car photography, videos and art? There must be a wealth of artistic talent at T10/PG that could front this section of a show?

Anyways, all good fun. Thanks for reading.

Edit: looking back this post, I don’t know if it’s in the correct section of the forum?? :thinking:

Route Competition
[Remove the limit where how long (miles) the route takes and just make it 10 minutes as a limit.
[We should be able to choose any theme for any season like rally in winter.

1 Like

Ok, so how about a Forzatography championship that runs parallel to Forza RC. We get the replays from the early rounds and take shots and enter them. As the rounds go on the number of photographers gets less until a team of 5 or 6 are left with the privelage of shooting the final and their shots used in any post championship media

Back in the day, I used to do logo contests. Would be judged on two criteria, accuracy (subjective) and layer count (objective).

If I remember correctly, I had them gift me the logos, but that’s not a thing anymore. I believe you can still see layer-count though when you download it.

I’d go with ranking them all by accuracy and then rank them by count and then average the two for the final score.

How about a video contest?

Set some criteria (family friendly, no swearing, videos under __ minutes etc.) and embed 1 or 2 winners into The Week in Review.

Maybe have some for tutorials, liveries, races etc.

I would like to see a live car show where you drive up, and down, and spin like a catwalk. You get a time slot a bit like an Auction, and at the right time you can go off down the catwalk. Mainly for car paint jobs.

1 Like

Winning designs should be shared on twitter ?

1 Like

My idea is for Forza Horizon 4.

I think it should have a way to test the car setup without having to create a blueprint and having to race against drivatars. Like in Forza Motorsport when you buy parts there’s an option ‘Test Tuning Setup’. Then you choose the track you’re making the setup.

In auctions should have a way of selling cars directly to the gamertag of a certain person with whom you are doing a business.

Got a new contest idea of sorts. Each seasonal has a random track assigned to be a time trial race. You race vs a ghost car. The catch is that ghost car is the fastest time from the previous hour. So end of the week, fastest time is the winner… of something? So you see the name of the driver and their car, but nothing besides that.

Drawback of course is when you have ten thousand races, how do you save and then distribute that ghost time in an effective and efficient manner…

1 Like

It would be good if you could put vinyls on Windows

1 Like

This is not a contest idea, but rather, a prize idea.

For Motorsport 7, the prizes are generally are in-game credits and/or a gifted, winner-selected car. These are awesome, but I’d like to see you consider offering the option of a winner-selected, gifted Driver Gear.

This would be a great incentive for contest participation, IMO, as it might free up the opportunity for participants to get very rare legendary/event-specific/special-edition gear (think, Ugly Sweater Party, Halo, etc) that isn’t in the shop or they they weren’t in a position to get earlier for whatever reason.

It’d be cool for the folks trying to collect every Driver Gear to have a shot at adding key pieces by winning contests.

2 Likes

FH4 IDEAS;

Not a completely original; but with the playground games / PVP seasonal’s have the prize awarded to the MVP on the losing team to try cut out rage quitting as much. as i notice that seems to be a big issue

also I wonder if Drift drive could be made into a race style with CO-OP and PVP for seasonals to give it the attention it deserves, could have it awarded on drift points and time to stop events lasting forever

1 Like

Oooh! These are fantastic ideas! In the forza support, you can submit suggestions that way as well for stuff more of a permanent fixture hopefully.

I like the MVP award idea a lot too, but it could be a good and bad thing. The nice part of the team stuff is that there is no benefit to competing vs your own team mate. Having an MVP could cause a different negative issue where somebody might ram another person or push their team mate to get them out of the way to gain that MVP if they feel their team will not win.

1 Like

I do not know if this has already been proposed:
Team photo competition, with a minimum of 2 cars in the photo, see more …
It could be funny and original.

1 Like

Hello, so im thinking that there could be some good use out of a demolition derby. Full damage and tire weare, no rewinds. LAST ONE MOVING WINS!!!

What you think? Do able?

1 Like

An idea for the contest:

As there’s now a rather active Discord, it can be used for a community poll on extra winner in the livery competition.

The way I can see it work is after PG casted their votes, they select 3-5 runner-up - liveries that just nearly made it - and set them up for community voting on Discord over the weekend. Simple choice of one out of 3-5 contestants, without category split.

Winner of the community poll would get same prizes as other winners.

This would not only add one winner to the pack, but promote the competition among wider audience as there seem to be a host of painters who don’t even know the comp exists.

Same concept could be used for Photo comp as well I guess, though the practice of not posting photos on forums might make it a bit more complicated.

Voting can be advertised on various platforms, like Twitter for further engagement with the community.

I’ve created already a thread in the creators area. I didn’t know about this topic here. Sorry for that.

I think it’s time for a video contest! All the creators out there can have a chance that their work can be honored from the community and the turn10 guys and girls.

We can start this contest like :

Sesonal fixed?!
Max duration?!
Specific car or time like 90’s?!
Action, retro, history, chasing whatever

Forza has this great graphic and with tool like Nvidia it is easy to collect content.

For me as a hobby filmmaker it would be a great new way to work with.

Here are two examples how it could look.

Youtube Link Aston Martin Vantage

Youtube Link Dodge Challenger

Thank you everyone whom has participated in this thread! I will be discussing and incorporating your ideas as much as possible over the next few months as I get the time. :slight_smile: Please continue to post as you get ideas!

1 Like

my idea is pretty simple for seasonal SOLO stuff

Make additional category leader board for all things SOLO with “No rewind” allowed ! ! ! (danger signs, speed traps, dirt, street races etc)
kind of like “dirty lap” in motorsport .
I really don’t like that rewind can be used for some of the events if people are going to be competitive.
Make it homolgamated, Lock tuning.

Lastly make the cars that are won “SPECIAL” paint color(s) that can’t be reproduced ! (if possible)
or maybe give away a limited amount of manufacturer "logo’s each season

Anyone feel the same way ?

1 Like

I always wanted there to be a car show where you can show off your designs LIVE. You would make a vinyl, and then drive to the show where you would be put into an Auction that is Live, and your car would be Ai driven up, and down a catwalk, doing doughnuts and things like that. People could see your designs in action, and put bids on them. That would be a festival event much more like a real car festival. Or you could do it with the cars that win the comps.

I’m an actual computer game designer, you should listen to me.

2 Likes