I think I know why fuel mileage sucks!

I noticed that many race cars with digital fuel gauges start at 20.0 and go down from there. I think that should be 20.0 GALLONS (about 75.6 liters), but the game counts it as 20.0 LITERS (about 5.3 gallons). I know that nearly all race cars should be able to hold a lot more than 20 liters/5.3 gallons of fuel. 75 liters is about what the average race car holds in Project Cars (some more, some less). That may explain the need for frequent pitting in FM6.

2 Likes

If this is true, wow.

NASCAR runs about 20 gallon (US) fuel tanks and gets anywhere between 3 and 6 mpg. I remember hearing that F1 cars carry twice the fuel NASCAR does, and they get better fuel mileage (typically between 5-7 mpg).
I think Forza just picked a number that would keep everyone equal and races competitive. Considering the races are so much shorter than in real life.

Just a guess though.

Peace

1 Like

A real-life LMP car can go about 13 or 14 laps at Circuit de la Sarthe IRL, or something like that. But I tried racing one of the Audi LMP cars, and ran out of fuel after about 3 1/2 laps. If you multiply that by 3.78 (the number of liters in one gallon), that would be about 13 or 14 laps, thus my thinking that FM6 counts liters instead of gallons.