I can't use certain cars in career, but the AI can?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but a search turned up nada.

Basically, I’ve recently been discovering that certain cars I should be able to use in a series (judging by ManteoMax’s spreadsheet, and what the AI is using in the same series) aren’t available to me.

The two that jump to mind are both in the Nightfall Series (lame name, but whatevs): the Team Forza M5 (tuned to PI650) in the Exec Heavyweights, and the 288 GTO in the Modern Sports Legends. The game doesn’t even let me buy them when I select “buy car” at the outset, but the AI is driving them.

Any ideas? As if the career mode wasn’t limited enough…

That’s interesting. Maybe they changed Division status? Try setting the Division to Modern Sport Legends in Free Play and see if the GTO is available.

^^^^^I was thinking that, but if that is in fact the case, then why is the AI using those cars in that division?

Thanks for the quick reply, btw. Have you tried to duplicate my problem in your game?

I’ll have to look at it when I get home this evening.

I’ve experienced this issue in career mode as well. The AI was using the Caparo T1 in an R division (I believe it was Modern Hypercar).

Man. I’m starting to think they really half baked Career, and I’m only about a sixth of the way through.