How to fix Forza Horizon 4

So Forza Horizon 4 has been out for about 5 months or so, and I think a lot of us can agree that it has a few things Turn 10/Playground Games need to correct. I have a few catergories, so I’ll list the good things first, and then the bad stuff.

1. Good things about Cars - FH4 has a wide variety of cars, ranging from Hyper Cars like the Bugatti Chiron, to humongous trucks like the Mercedes Unimog, to even the tiny Peel P50. My all-time favourite car, the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T is still there, and even Mitsubishi has made a return to the Horizon Family, to many people’s delight. Many more cars are on the way as well, the ones I’m most excited for being the returning 2012 Cadillac Escalade, and that Mad Max-Style Quartz Regalia.

Bad things about Cars - In FH4, I kinda hoped we would get an “EVERYONE IS HERE” situation. A few cars I really loved in previous games haven’t returned in FH4. For one, the 1958 Plymouth Fury, ‘Christine’ herself! That car was one of the reasons I became a petrol-head in the first place. And the AMC cars, the Pacer and the Rebel. Where are they? The Gremlin and the Pacer were like an inseparable pair, and the Rebel looked awesome as hell.

Next, and a few people would agree with me here, Toyota. They pulled out of most games and gave a really crappy excuse for their actions. People are still upset that the Supra and the AE86 are absent, but my opinion? I couldn’t care less about those cars. Never liked them anyways, but one car I did want from Toyota in FH4 was the Toyota Hilux, specifically the same one Jeremy Clarkson drove in Top Gear.

And not only that, but the Fast and Furious cars from previous games. They still got the coding and files for the cars, all they need to do is import them to FH4. I want my F&F Dodge Chargers, dammit! And last but not least, the Car Packs for Forza Motorsport 7. There are a load of cars in FM7, but two Car Packs that stand out to me are the Fate of the Furious pack, and the Barrett-Johnson pack, both of which contain a lot of cars which are all but useless in Motorsport. They’d have much more potential in Horizon.

How to fix this: Simple. Just try to re-add the cars into the game via new car packs, or Forzathon Challenge rewards.

1. Good things about Customisation - We got a few body kits for different cars, namely offroad kits for SUV’s, and of course the wide body kits. The Gremlin remains the only hatchback-style car in FH4 so far to have a Supercharger as a visual customisation. The 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT has a different supercharger option that resembles the one used in Mad Max. The Ford Ute, Holden Sandman and the HSV Maloo still have the roo bars, which I still really love. The Livery/Painting system works an absolute dream.

Bad things about Customisations - Most of the Muscle Cars just have the same, generic visual customisations. Hood (Cowl, Scoop, Supercharger or None), splitter (Front/Canards or none), and spoiler (Ducktail or none). A few, notable exceptions being the classic Mustangs (remove front/rear bumper), and the modern Dodge Challenger (wide-body kit). A few cars don’t even have the Supercharger hood option. I was making a recreation of ROTF Lockdown from Transformers, using the 1967 Corvette Stingray, since it had the closest body shape, only to discover there was no supercharger option.

(That’s the link to what I was trying to recreate)

The Crew 2 and Need for Speed are mediocre games with terrible gameplay, graphics, physics, and an okay plot (in the latter, the former is just a blatant rip-off of Forza Horizon, but the NPC’s are not so friendly). The one saving grace for either game were the customisations. NFS gave you the ability to take, lets say, a 1969 Dodge Charger, and convert it into a '68 Charger, by replacing the grill and rear lights. The Crew 2 gave you side exhausts, different superchargers and wide-body kits for the Bugatti Chiron.

How to fix this - Give certain cars some more visual customisations. For example, the '73 Falcon should be given the ‘Concorde’ front bumper as a splitter optioe, flares on the wheel arches and side exhausts as side customisations, and a roof spoiler as a spoiler option, to make it resemble the V8 Interceptor. give the AMC Javelin, and Plymouth Barracuda (or the Satellite/GTX if it comes to FH4) off-road kits so they could look like Dropkick and Shatter from the recent Bumblebee Movie. Give cars like the '67 Corvette Stingray a supercharger hood option. Give us side exhausts, and window liveries.

1. Good things about Engine Sounds/Swaps - There are a few engine sounds in FH4 I like, specifically the Audi Rs7 Sportback, because it sounds more like a beastly muscle car. The Citroen 2CV also sounds awesome, when upgraded by a turbo. The rumble of the Iron Knight’s 2,400 HP engine makes me scream at everyone else to get out of my way. But that’s all I have to say.

Bad things about Engine Sounds/Swaps - There is a lot to say here, but I’ll keep it short. First of all, the recently released 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback. The car driven by Steve McQueen, and one half of Car History’s most infamous duo, rising to stardom alongside the 1968 Dodge Charger. When I heard this car was going to be released in Forza Horizon 4, I was ecstatic. When I got to drive it in game, I became disappointed.

I had expected to hear the engine sound like this: Bullitt (1968) - Ford Mustang vs. Dodge Charger Scene (5/10) | Movieclips - YouTube but I got a generic muscle car V8 instead.

(Fun Fact, the Mustang Soundtrack in Bullitt was provided by a Ford GT40, which is why you can hear the driver double-clutching.)

Also, in FH3, the 1969 Dodge Charger, when engine-swapped with a Hellcat V8 HEMI, was rather deafening, which I loved. FH4, however, I can barely hear the engine over the sound of the radio. In fact, it seems that most of the engine sounds in FH3 were superior to the FH4 versions. I mean, V-Tech sounds like a screaming cat in FH4.

Plus, there are a few engine swaps I want to see in other cars. For example, we should be able to put a 7.2L Racing V8 from offroad trucks, into muscle cars. Or the Iron Knight’s 2,400 HP engine able to be used by a Terradyne Gurkha.

How to fix this: Revamp the engine sounds, make them louder and angrier. Also, give us the ability to use engines in cars that wouldn’t normally use them. And PLEASE fix the 1968 Mustang, and make it sound like the one featured in Bullitt.

Online Multiplayer (Freeroam/Team Adventure) - You’ll noticed I haven’t mentioned good things about Online Multiplayer. I think a lot of people will definitely agree with me on this.

That’s because whoever designed it to be the way it currently is must’ve been high or drunk at the time, because it SUCKS! With a capital S-U-C-K-S. It’s an absolute joke.

When I first heard about the Ghosting Feature in FH$, I thought to myself ‘Oh nice! Looks like they finally decided to fix (Team) Adventure Mode, and make it more enjoyable. They’ve finally listened to our complaints.’

BUT NO!

They instead implement it into Free-Roam, which completely defeats the purpose of interacting with other players. Most of my mates don’t own FH4 yet, so I can’t join a convoy, and I’m not joining someone else’s convoy, just so I can accidentally ding their car and get kicked.

And even worse, every time I try to play Team Adventure with a few other good players, I just get murked by a noob who apparently hasn’t grasped the concept of cornering. That’s why people don’t play Team Adventure anymore, and that’s why the Ford Capri Forza Edition will never be claimed. Because Team Adventure is broken!

To add to that, when I go onto my menu, I can see (Insert number here) other players, but I only ever see about 7 of them in one play session, which lasts about 7 hours. I see a huge group of players, and I want to say hello, but when I get there, no one is there. Then I look on the map, and the group is still there.

How to fix it: Remove the Ghosting Feature from Freeroam, implement it into Team Adventure like everyone wants you to do. I don’t think anyone would mind if if you released a bloody 40GB update, or if you had to recall the game to fix it, just do it!

Okay, now that my part has been said, I want you to put in your suggestions as to how you think Forza Horizon 4 could be improved. My only rule is that you don’t put down anything that would seem impossible to put in. That, and no Supra’s.

Alright, GO!

1 Like

The only thing they need to do to redeem the game in my eyes, is fix the multiplayer. I could overlook the ramming and wall riding if we got class/race type choice in adventure mode, and an offline adventure mode with drivatars. Fh3 had it at launch, fh4 is 5 months old and they haven’t figured out why we dont like it yet lol

Didnt you post this a week or so ago with a different gamertag