How is your Forza 7 4K experience?

Its been pretty good overall. I switched to PC gaming in 2007 so it’s been a long wait to get back into this series. The only issue with sitting 3" away from a 40’ monitor is that you notice everything. So if there is something that is lacking detail trackside it will stick out like a sore thumb.

Forza 7 on a 4K HDR projector at 106" is a mind blowing experience. Absolutely incredible.

what about the black levels? :smiley:
kidding. nice setup mate.

still playing on 1080p, so not getting huge improvementss…i think my custom vinyls look better, but still poor detail in the rear view mirror…ie pop out and no shadows under the cars?

I own a 4K TV but I cancelled my Xbox One X pre order 2 days ago. The simple reason being is I cannot justify spending £450 when my Xbox One console is working perfectly fine. If the price of the Xbox One X is lowered by £100 or my Xbox one breaks down then I will consider it. However when you take into account how cheap the Xbox one S is and the fact that it includes HDR & 4K Blu ray player, I wonder whether the S would be a better purchase.

From my experience of watching 4K TV content in my opinion the real difference is HDR than between 1080P & 4K. The Xbox one X is a bit like the Elite controller, You can manage perfectly fine without it but if you have money to waste then buy it!

2 Likes

Well I had buyers remorse also after ordering. I have to say though that I was blown away by how good the game looks, it looks like a generational step up. Tbf though I was playing on ‘the family tv’ a 55in 4k where I had previously played the game on 1080p 40 inch. Agree though the real difference is more to do with HDR - although you can certainly see the increased detail in textures, especially on a bigger set. Assassins creed literally made my jaw drop also

Regarding visuals I was a bit concerned that initially there wasn’t a great deal of difference. Had a look at the video output settings and troubleshooter on the XBox One X and of course this explains that the HDMI settings on the TV may need adjusting. Did that and got a better picture.

On this forum I noticed a recommendation that the color depth setting on the console should be changed from 12bit to 36bit. Did that and wow what a difference. Looks great now and much better than I had expected.

Also the garage seems to work better and loading times for some of the screens is shorter, I’m very happy.

Forza in 4K/HDR is simply glorious. It is incredible.

People who first try it out I suggest you play it for a while before you judge, some things jump at you immediately and others you notice as you play. I had a jaw-dropping moment the first race I did in the rain in that airport Top Gear track. There was a mist effect and the sun was shining through, the detail was unreal, I could see the wet tarmac so well and I don’t remember the Mist effect being so pronounced on the base XOne. To me the differences are quite significant but if you only play a few minutes you may not notice everything. It’s not just about increase res I think there are extra special effects too. Don’t get me wrong the base version was fine for me this is just better that’s all, but it really enhances the experience for me just being able to see clearly things from far away it is a great fit for a racing game.

I’m really impressed with FM7 on the X so far. Playing on a curved Samsung 4k HDR tv with the Thrustmaster TX Leather, set up on a Playseat Evolution. Sitting close enough to the screen so my wheel lines up with the dashboard in the game. Playing like this, it’s a night and day difference.

Racing at night looks pretty amazing also. The lighting with 4h HDR looks 10x better than it did one my standard Xbox One. And the rain… wow. The reflections from the headlights and tail lights on the track is unreal.

I got my X1X today and purchased and am downloading FM7 right now. Unfortunately I think I’m looking at 2 hours of download time!

I’m excited though as I was big into Forza during the FM3, FM4, and FM5 timeframe, but I essentially haven’t played the game or been around the forums in 3 years! I’m excited to be back!

2 Likes

Looks amazing until the replays hit, instead of 60fps, it goes to 30fps. How they didn’t patch the replays for 60fps for the One X is beyond me.

Game look fantastic ! Im also agree , Replay and garage menus should also run at 60fps . At 30fps it look like the game is always suffering …

Even on a 1080p TV , game look great : Far draw distance , no aliasing ( just a bit ) , better ambiant lightings etc …good JOB !

Pretty impressed with the Xbox one x and FM7 combined. Colors really pop, looks fantastic! I was running on the one s, one my 65" 4k HDR TV, HDR enabled in FM7. This seems to be that much more of a difference, over the one s in HDR. I had to readjust the in game video setting and it really stood out after that. Load times seem a little faster.

On another note, make sure to use a quality hdmi cable(if not using the included cable). I moved my one s to the bedroom, after enabling HDR I was getting twinkle stars and audio pauses in every game(cod ww2 and origins). I was using a cheap cable from Amazon(not Amazon brand), swapped it out and all was good.

As posted on the previous page, I’m very happy with the visuals and speeding up of menus. Of course I didn’t just buy an XBox One X for this game. Horizon 4 will no doubt have 4K graphics as well as other games I’m interested in.

One thing I used to miss from other consoles is the ability to backup save games. I have a 10 year old mad about cars relative who loves coming round, getting rid of some of my cars and purchasing others I’m not interested in. On a PS3 I could back up my saved game data to a flash drive/usb memory stick and revert to a previous save if he had done something I didn’t like. Whilst this is not the same with an XBox, there’s an advantage in having more than one XBox since I can sync game data with my previous XBox and if need be overwrite a new save with a previous save by playing and saving offline.

The only criticism I’ve got at present for the new console is hard drive space. The way games are going 1 TB is not that much, I would have preferred 2 TB although I realize that it is possible to connect an external usb drive to the console.

Yeah 1TB isn’t an awful lot. I have a 6TB external, and that’s at 70% full already. The sizes of games is getting out of control. It’s more an anti piracy measure than anything, but it’s hurting legitimate players the most. Nearly all games include separate languages and stuff like that, which isn’t needed.
All that being said, i’m still happy with my Xbox One X so far, just gotta wait for a 4k HDR monitor to become available!

1 Like

Its amazing on my cheap philips 4 k non hdr tv.
So much more details.
And everything runs so smooth

My initial impressions was that it was a little better but much less so than I was expecting. But I noticed the Xb1x was telling me I had 4k resolution only and no HDR plus the 10-bit at 24Hz, 50Hz,60Hz. I had to learn the new TV a bit better. Getting HDR turned on for the port the xb1x connects to changed everything. Wow. Looks fantastic. Also, I did a night race…and suddenly find that the headlights on the car I’m driving actually work now!

Too bright and still broken.

I don’t recall noticing before, when heading in to the sun, a bit of a rainbow effect in the lower part of the view over the asphalt.