How do I turn off the Offline Catch up/Rubberbanding?

I just want to weigh in with my observations on the Drivatar AI. I believe they are scaled based on difficulty, and they do (as SatNiteEduardo stated) largely (if not entirely) ignore the actual specs for their cars. I also believe they adjust for how well you drive. The dreaded Cross Country events seem to reveal the Drivatars’ techniques more than any other races. They drive like you. So if you are driving butt-to-the-wall-what-are-the-brakes, so do they. And the AI passes you because they aren’t sliding in wild drifts due to not being limited by specs/physics. When you make mistakes, they will often capitalize on them based on the difficulty. When you drive a technical race, using brakes properly and taking turn smoothly, the Drivatars slow down for turns also, leveling the playing field. So, I think the best way to beat the Drivatars really is to “get faster” in the sense of improving your technical driving skills. Just my opinion, based on my observations.

Is this meant to suggest there is some difference between the A.I. of the Xbox One version and the 360 version? Because the latter version is the one I have.

Does anyone know if there are any changes in the A.I. between the two?

Xbox One uses drivatars. 360 version uses the standard AI from FH1.

I find like fm5 the drivatars are more upgraded for speed rather than handling, which is why they tend to pass you on the straights and not on turns. Although on long straights they don’t gain super power as if your in a Hennessy Venom you’ll still pass the P1’s, Venenos, MC12’s for example.
As SatNite states though as long as it provides a challenge im fine with it. Theres been many times where ive beaten the AI on Unbeatable and other times its taken effort to catch up, which I prefer

My main issue is with drivers missing checkpoints and not being penalized… why even have checkpoints if they don’t apply to the AI? That is incredibly lazy AI, and it happened on Average difficulty, so I cannot imagine how bad it gets higher than that. I would hope that this does not happen in future Forza installments.

I agree with SatNite regarding the Showcase events. Perfect example is the event against the train: travelling at 90+mph along the dirt section in a straight line the train is much quicker yet once up onto the final stretch of tarmac the car can pass the train doing anything above 45mph.

However in normal races I’ve never experienced it. Only thing I’d comment on is that in career mode the AI/ Drivatars can modify their vehicles above the stock figures. Since the computer opponents all tend to be stuck to the road like glue anyway the result is that most of them have way more power than stock. Maybe this is causing the confusion as to why slower vehicles are going faster?

Yeah, Forza and rubberbanding is nothing new. With the ridiculous amount of difficulty settings to tweak though, you’re never going to be in a situation where it’s impossible to progress because of it.