How do I disable crossplay?

Thanks for sharing this maybe it will help out

the devs should do more to block the cheating! it’s not enough to ban the cheaters who are caught, the cheating methods themselves need to be addressed. it’s pretty clear the same cheat programs that were used in fh4 were never blocked and worked day one on fh5. seriously why don’t they do something about it? disabling crossplay shouldn’t be necessary if they just secured the game, but since they didn’t I don’t blame console players for asking for a crossplay toggle. as a clean pc player I wouldn’t want to lose the immense Xbox playerbase, so secure the damn game!

They’re too busy banning people who make liveries to have time for that. There’s so much cheating I can’t even play 3 consecutive events without seeing somebody outside the bounds, safe from zombies or people who want to take the crown and Eliminator has severe networking problems, it’s so bad it should have never been included in the game.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the invisible challengers in Eliminator aren’t cheaters. It’s just server issues. Same as invisible participants in Arcade.

4 Likes

Personally I have not come across any cheats so far in FH5 and I play ALOT!

I have noticed a few crazy things however which I believe is caused by server lag. Things such as some players blazing through everyone like a bullet. Or players who can ram you but cannot be rammed back. Admittedly I’ve only played eliminator a dozen or so times in FH5 and I’ve won mostly all I’ve been in but only because I played it religiously in FH4 and no all the tricks to win.

It’s would be nice to be able to disable cross-play, and also have it remove any PC scores in leaderboards, because that’s where 99% of all the BS scores come from.

OR, the could just fix the stupid leaderboards, delete the BS scores, set to where anything outside of certain bounds won’t be recorded, and have better cheat detection.

I don’t actually care WHO I play with or what their platform is. All the cheats, dupes, and hacks are just stupid, though.

3 Likes

The problem with removing scores from a leaderboard is the complexity…as a lot of people play on both PC and Xbox so it would be constantly switching. Something like that wouldn’t be something PGG would be interested in fixing as it’s not an easy fix…far simpler to just leave the Leaderboards as they are

I play on PC and agree, the cheating in FH5 (as well as other games) is completely out of hand. That being said, for those throwing out phrases like “script kiddies” and the like are desperately out of touch with how this works now. The creation of a game trainer is a business, with many selling for more than $10 a piece with others behind a paywall of monthly access. This isn’t 30 years ago where someone made an unbeatable game easier with bits of code, this is money changing hands to make yours and my experience in this game garbage.

It’s bad enough with the AFK racers (on all platforms I might add), but this is something we all seen in FH4 and knew darn well was going to rear it’s ugly head in 5. Using a wheel in Forza is like spending 3 hours in the gym, with 0 results. AI still buggy, free roam is more like solitary confinement, and the online racing experience is like MMA in drivers suits, in the rain…

1 Like

So T10 went down the COD: MW RM route of forcing cross-play globally? Wow. Yeah, there’s a reason I stopped playing that game.

But I must’ve just been me, right? Definitely not any PC player around me with a wallhack/aimbot, I’m just trash. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Some players in FH3 (as of two months ago before they disabled online play for PC) were messing about with fly/clip mods. That’s been going on since I think day one of FH3. Didn’t see a whole lot in FH4 aside from online races, especially ranked. Dudes would just launch right off the bat as soon as the race started with no chance of anyone catching up.

Forcing universal cross-play is the most idiotic thing I think I’ve ever seen affect consoles. There’s good reasons why the Xbox One was made so hard to hack. :confused:

1 Like

Reviving a old topic but how many times did I ask Forza to separate players??? It can be done if Texas Chainsaw can do it, that has only been out 3 weeks!

"Changed: PC Removed from Cross Play

We are temporarily separating PC from the console player base in cross play while we continue to improve our anti-cheat tools and resources."

5 Likes

I’m not sure how they would implement that, but having observed the types of cheats/hacks you’ve mentioned, I can understand where you’re coming from.

My fear is that it’d make a fairly small player pool into even more of a ghost town (especially if they limited the pool to just the folks that had opted out of cross play)… but at thy point they’d be giving the players the choice.

Though I wouldn’t put it past the hacker types to come up with a way to spoof being a console instance in an attempt to be able to run their cheats/hacks in an environment where they are less likely to encountering other cheaters.

Kudos for sticking it out this long.

• a clean PC player who doesn’t take stuff like this personally
2 Likes

And maybe even avoid the anti-cheat snares. Seems unlikely the powers would have the PC anti-cheat stuff looking on console side. Or vice versa, though I don’t know how you get a console to look like a PC and implement console cheats, both might be possible I guess.

…and the whole thing keeps on revolving and evolving, with cheats always ahead of anti-cheats of course. Almost wonder why the devs would bother :wink:

2 Likes

Best thread necro in ages :slight_smile: Appreciate the development news sharing :+1:

EDIT : Wait ? Or was it Texas Chainsaw that is temporarily suspending cross play ?

2 Likes

Texas Chainsaw is implementing it tomorrow. The game has only been out 3 weeks and Horizon 5 has been out nearly 2 years. If they really wanted to add an anti-cheat in FH5 they could but it obviously isn’t priority. Exoprimal another game I play from time to time had an anti-cheat out day one.

If you don’t want to address it fine but don’t force players to deal with an issue you choose to ignore. Why can other companies attack the issue fairly quickly but we have to sit around waiting for years?

3 Likes

no offense to any of my clean PC friends, but I would pay bigger money to make this game a respectable, console-only environment.

2 Likes

re-upping this as often as possible: this game is full of cheaters, some of them are great and respected players. even those who aren’t technically cheating have 3rd party access to information in the game files that give them an unfair advantage.

2 Likes

I’m afraid that all sounds like vague conspiracy stuff, so here’s a specific example: until recently, as soon as the new series downloaded you could hack/mod/access all the upcoming cars in an offline/sandbox mode. leaving aside all the other problematic things these AIO cheats can do, just that access would allow a tuner/painter to spend days working on something really good and have it ready to share the minute the car dropped. way too many players were doing this, and it’s funny that my popularity has spiked literally every time they’ve cut off that sort of hack-cess, including the past 2 weeks since PG shut down time-skipping. keep it up lads.

I don’t understand why some players even bother to cheat in this game. What’s the thrill in winning a race or eliminator if you didn’t win legitimately with your own skill. I just don’t get it…

1 Like

I have a Lamborghini Sian R with an actual gamertag as the original owner. The only way tmk is a cheat. Gifts in fh5 come in as unknown. Bought from the auction house…

Forza, the game that keeps on giving…

…us headaches