How are we supposed to know why we got banned?

I got a very generic ban message and figured out shortly that it was multiplayer. I am not upset if I did something legitimately wrong, but you should at least tell us why. I have never been banned from any game or service ever in my life. I do beat and bang with all the other drivers who constantly try to wreck you, but if that’s the reason, you need to ban about 70 percent of the people racing. I tried the forzafb@microsoft.com email and got an autoreply saying they don’t have time to respond to everyone and 3 links that don’t explain my temp ban. I am just asking why. I also tried xbox support and they said they can’t access ban information. Also, I have seen moderators telling people bans can’t be discussed here. Why? I can understand not discussing another persons ban, but I am asking for myself. I can also understand if I was freaking out and causing a stir, but if someone is legitimately asking, why not discuss it.

Btw, on a similar topic, why not create a lobby for people who actually want to beat and bang with cars that never ghost. You could even have a demolition derby with full damage where the last car running wins. It would be awesome. Just a thought.

Thank you for your reply.

It is our own responsibility to know what we have agreed to abide by when we create our gamertags, since we all accept the Xbox Live Code of Conduct in the process, and say we will honor it. To be honest, there aren’t enough characters available in the ban message to explain all the reasons, although you were there several times and absolutely know that unsportsmanlike behavior was what you and a couple friends have done.

Being a “crasher” is one of those items, as you perceived, however it isn’t “beat and bang” on people in races when someone deliberately turns on the course, drives the wrong direction and is waiting for cars to come around the next lap to wreck them. One should know Forza Motorsport 6 is not one of those car games with a purpose of wrecking things and being disruptive with your driving. If you don’t know it, you’ve been put in time out for seven days (168 hours from the time the ban was placed) to get your attention.

Bans, nor the enforcement of the regulations, are not discussed on these forums because people want to argue and that is not productive. Your first-time ban will most likely expire before you would receive an answer, and the answers have been posted many times on these forums. Such as this response regarding the behavior in races.

As the Code of Conduct says:
Xbox Live is your online gaming community. Help make it fun for everyone by following Microsoft’s Code of Conduct on Xbox Live. Here’s a simple guide for applying the Code of Conduct to Xbox Live behavior:
Think about how your Conduct and Content impact yourself and others on Xbox Live. Promote positive impact, avoid negative impact.
Negative impact can result in Consequences for you.

2 Likes