Horizon 5 - Oh yeah!

Looks like its going to be even worst than Fh4 and in top of that, located in MEXICO. Nice, now im sure im not buying it lol. After the disaster of FH4 i will completely stupid if i did. I just wish people were smarter and will avoid buying it as well. If not, companies will never EVER will try to do things better. But i guess its videogaming industry of today, right?. . . i miss so much smart gamers and the golden age of videogames…

3 Likes

But Mexico has such a vibrant car culture, unlike Japan.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Horizon 4 with many, many active players and possible new and old cars that can be added, also maybe creative map expansions? Fixing bugs and servers stability? Mehhh, who cares? No really good track based race game since Motorsport 7 released 4 years ago? Nobody wanted to!
Completely new game, killing community of old one, releasing it too early, focusing on spin-off more than basic series? Yes, please!
Horizon 4 was my LAST game with “Forza” in title due to this awful developing. I am dissapointed

1 Like

When I saw mike, I knew we were done, discover places for festival, pignattas , bowling, eliminator and mini games, not a single world about racing, tuning … FH4 begun with racing half killed on his command, remember, he is the guy who explained he thought making teams would be enough to mitigate ramming. I guess he kept to his rule, don’t listen players, and killed racing for good.

By some ways, the FH5 is closed to FH3 one, forest, town and desert. I guess there will be some offline DLC with winter environment …

I already hear the ‘go to motorsport’, motorsport is closed boring world, just wanted to race in opened world and looks like I’m screwed along with all the long list of people not enjoying mini games, eliminator etc…

From what I could see, FH5 looks as just some kind of Mariokart with realistic environments.

4 Likes

No no no no no no no, please don’t insult Mario Kart by suggesting FH is in any way comparable to it. I played Mario Kart DS a lot, and it was an absolutely fantastic game that none of the FH games come anywhere close to. MK is a game with a pure focused concept, the FH series are games that throw loads of random stuff into the mix without any coherent overall concept as to what the game is trying to be. I’m looking forward to KartRider Drift coming out on Steam, in the hope that it will be a free to play PC game that captures the same magic as Mario Kart.

4 Likes

Ok, ok, lol; I should have stated , a pale tentative of copy of MK

Nevertheless, I keep to my conclusions, not a word about racing means no racing. Don’t under estimate Mike, he is the guy of FFA removals, rivals shrinked to death, wall riding, corner bombing etc. The FH4 at its release was his design, no one else.

2 Likes

Day 1 and people are already complaining and acusing the devs of “killing the community”! Unbelievable! It’s quite clear they’ve listened plenty from the published new features list and I can’t wait to support this game and be a part of the community!

1 Like

They haven’t listened for FH4, they only reluctantly and belatedly added back some of the features they gutted from FH3, which remain broken to this day. They are probably the most stubborn, unresponsive and aloof AAA developer in the industry. The whole thing leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. I do not feel good giving these people any of my money. I doubt I will buy FH5. The fact they and Microsoft have gone down the ‘woke’ censorship and political agenda pushing route as well, makes me very very reluctant to give them any more money either.

3 Likes

4K/30 on the Series X? Wow, why can’t it be 60? What new graphical features are so taxing that it needs to be at 30 fps? I hate this. If you choose performance mode for 60fps, what features will you lose? In FH4 for One X, you had to choose a mode, if you choose performance, you lost dynamic shadows and other features. Heck, dynamic shadows on the “optimized” Series X version during racing is still not available.

Well the Series X version of FH4 is a mess and it never was made fully right, likely due to manpower / cost at this late point. It certainly doesn’t show what the Series X is capable of.

That said, FH as a series, has always been about a wide open world with incredible graphics and the lack of very defined tracks and less emphasis on close quarter races made high fps less important so 30 fps was always the FH target while FM went after 60 fps. I see this as a return to the normal… maxing out Series X graphics (and wow, you have to admit that Flight Sim and FH5 are the very best looking next gen games so far). I just don’t think they can offer standard 60 fps in 2021 with the graphics shown on the Series X (which cost $399, not $1000+ like some PC graphics cards alone)… I’ll be happy if they offer a 60 fps mode if we sacrifice some graphics but again… I like their choice. I want PRETTY with FH.

1 Like

Yeah I hear ya. I just hate that we are back to choosing a mode like the Xbox One X. We lost features when choosing performance, so Mike Brown should make it transparent what happens when you choose 60fps. We shouldn’t have to wait for Digital Foundry to point it out. I guess I will play with all the bells and whistles at 30fps and then switch to 60 later on.

What’s troubling to me is this is on the old Forzatech engine. Emphasis on “old” or current engine. So if we can’t already hit 4K/60 on this engine, how will it handle the next-gen Forzatech unless it’s super optimized? I’m still hyped for the game regardless.

So, basically every other game can go up to even 140fps on 4k, even with way way better graphics, and FH5 wont be able to? L.O.L. Just lol. But im not surprised.

This is a racing game, playing at 30fps is a NO NO. Whoever enjoys a racing game playing at 30 fps, probably was born, literally, yesterday.

2 Likes

Trailer felt quite unemotional. No Festival-reference… Thank god not in Japan. Still looking forward to it

2 Likes

So will Forza Horizon 5 be a Play Anywhere title that can be purchased via Steam and played on Xbox Series X as well? I refuse to purchase it from the Windows Store. I won’t fall into that trap again.

Man Horizon has completely lost its identity. Brutal.

3 Likes

When the first game was trying desperately to be “Fast&Furious The Videogame”, I don’t mind that they ditched that sort of attitude.
Horizon 2 was the perfect balance though.
The series has become progressively more stale since FH2 but given we’re in Mexico this time maybe they’ll spice it up a bit.

For me the FH spirit was to be able to race full speed in an opened world, street racing among non racing cars, going through rivers, forest, going out and back on the track, racing of ice, between houses,

In this chase for fps and realistic graphics what do we get in terms of playing experience ? pinatas ? really ? all they managed to come out with in terms of new game experience is pinatas, and I should be anthousiastic ?

I saw the desert sand storm but the effect is just like an orange fog, I doubt they made the effort to reflect the effect of wind on managing vehicles depending on their shapes. If they had achieved such a challenge, it would have been in the intro.

It seems that I am the only one to anticipate regular racing will be gone from FH, well, we will see, I hope I will be proved wrong but I would be less surprised dirt and CC coming to motorsport than dirt and CC disappearing from FH.