Horizon 4, too avatar centered.

Really!? How silly. I was actually looking forward to seeing my avatar being helmeted while driving.

Oh well, I’ll just leave the guy in his green cargo-pants, black boots and black rally monsters t-shirt then. It doesn’t bother me that this stuff is in the game, just a shame they had to make it so prominent in the rewards structure. I suppose I actually use/see the clothes at least. The phrases you can unlock are worth less to me than no reward at all; the epitome of useless for me and my playstyle.

Maybe next time round they can give us some (facial) hair options to at least give more people a closer approximation to their desired appearance. If it’s going to be here to stay we might as well make the feedback constructive…

2 Likes

I agree with this, i did 20 super wheelspins and the majority of the rolls were clothing/horns which is really really bad.

4 Likes

In fact I would be less grumpy about this if only we had facial hair options and skin color settings!

1 Like

The way I see it is Forza Motorsports is for the serious racer, Forza Horizon is more for fun and not to be taken seriously all they have done is just expand on that element for FH4.

7 Likes

what else? maybet the option of applying makeup?

all three Forza Horizons were successful without these foolishness.

8 Likes

Like vinyls for your face!

3 Likes

I do agree, and I´ve always loved the festival aesthetic of the franchise I think it can still be light and fun and focused on the cars. If they really want to focus on avatars they should at least make it a bit more personalized.

2 Likes

Everytime I get a piece of clothing instead of a car in a wheel spin, I die a little inside.

15 Likes

That has to be one of most hilarious things I have read in a long time, I do hope you meant it as a joke otherwise you seriously need to get a grip.

3 Likes

I like avatar and clothing, and it would be nice to have more different avatars and more cool clothes

5 Likes

Anyone else getting more clothes, emotes and horns in wheelspins than cars and money?
Starting to think they put as many clothes, emotes and horns in the wheelspins so you have way less chance of getting the horizon cars in an effort to make you buy the wheelspins.
Just a thought.
Why do i want clothes and emotes in a driving game?
Would be nice to have the option to exclude clothes,emotes and horns from the wheelspins.
Anyone else getting annoyed with this or is it just me?

8 Likes

I like looking at my beautiful female character.
And dressing her up is very fun
I like the avatar stuff alot

6 Likes

Agree with you.
The clothes and emotes are completely useless in a racing game.

6 Likes

I’ll agree to an extent, I got tired of getting nothing but clothes and horns in wheel spins. Fortunately I got most of that out of the way and now it’s mostly cars and money and i’ve gotten big money

This is a racing game to an extent, but it isn’t forza motorsport and if that’s what you want, then don’t by horizon…

There’s no “to an extent” about it. This is a racing game. It’s not Ken & Barbie’s Dress Up Party. If it’s dress ups you want I suggest The Sims 4.

2 Likes

Lol here we have it…
Battlefield 5 has his nazis idiots going crazy about a woman in a game…and FH4 has this stupid peoples too…its a racing game…lol…this people are not capable to difference between real world and games…
this game is for young people too…

Except its not just a racing game, if you watched even one interview the point of the game is “living the Horizon life,” of which racing is just one facet. If you don’t like one aspect of the game thats perfectly fine, but some cheeky side-content the rest of us are enjoying is definitely not ruining your game.

It’s always been Ken and Barbie’s Dress Up Party: Turbo Teen Edition. They just finally got to cool off.

Clothes and any form of changing the character driver are utterly pointless as are emotes.
This is a driving game not a kiddies app and frankly I could give a monkey’s what my driver looks like.
This, amongst other aspects of FH4, is another example of PC dumbing down.

5 Likes

Or perhaps Assetto Corsa is better for you? I find it remarkable that there are so many people who think that the game should be tailored to only what they want, and that other people should go and play something else. Why shouldn’t it be YOU that goes and plays something else? Forza Motorsport is the purer racing game in the series (while still chasing a mass-market gaming audience), and Forza Horizon is designed to appeal to a huge range of people. Deal with it.

4 Likes