Hoonigan RX-7 decal

For some reason the decal on the right side of the hoonigan RX-7 is backwards like its be imported from the left side.

Have a look at e.g. D1GP drift cars, it’s supposed to be like that. I don’t really have a clue why though.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure its because its a better flow for the livery. Top Secret are another company that often do it in D1GP as well.

2 Likes

It is supposed to be that way like stated above.

Only reasoning I have ever heard is when the car is sideways in a rear view mirror the backwards livery would be the right way, but that seems kind of far fetched.

Imagine it as a pattern/design instead of words, or like a flag on a flagpole - you will always have one normal side and one mirror side, and since English is written left-to-right it makes sense for the left-hand-side of the car to have the normal design (so any words flow back along the car) and the right-hand-side has the mirror. It gets more relevant when you have the words themselves forming part of the art (as you can see on the JZX90 drift car above) rather than just plain text.