HLR HLCs Season 4 - That's All Folks, Hope to See You in Season 5

Hello Kid, hello Moss! Since I have so many times posted that I probably can’t beat, or don’t want to because I liked the car I used, I’m going to participate under my second profile. Gamertag, Snake Oiler. I’ll send you a friend request so you can track times.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks!

PRKid

1 Like

Note to myself: read carefully the events description before starting tuning. Messed around with the 2009 MINI before realizing I’m in the wrong division. :joy:

1 Like

Hi guys,
Hope you are all well, healthy and navigating your way through this crazy time.
Thanks for the head up Rob, I (we if I can get my dad to join again as well) will put in some laps.
Getting the rust off preparing for the new forza on the new Xbox.
Haven’t touched FM7 in ages, been going in circles in FH4 and picking up new hobbies.
Let’s see where we end up on the list/ leader boards.

2 Likes

Great to see some more names joining in on this, still running the Honda '07 2:16.549 - remembering some of the old rules - on my wheel with bumper cam lol.

2 Likes

Great to see everyone back.
After a bit of time messing around with the VW Corrado, switched to the BMW and posted 2:17.353

Odin, I’ve started my new Xbox fund the other day, just have to decide whether the Series X is worth the extra money

1 Like

You should bear in mind that the new Forza Motorsport game won’t run on the XBox One Rob.

Release date would be nice.

I don’t really care if they say it’s 2022. It’s pretty obvious it’s not going to be a Series X/S release title. However, I can make it MY release title - buy only buying the next-gen console when Forza Motorsport releases. I’m happy to do this as Forza is what I enjoy.

It would be nice to know if it’s 2021, 2022…I’m not that bothered when…but I’d like to know…you know?

No-one knows for sure, but if my OneX packed in next week I wouldn’t be rushing out to replace it with another when the new box is so close to launch. When the new game does eventually launch I’ll be wanting the new box immediately.

2 Likes

Hi Folks!

Need the preferred Driving VIEW for the following Drivers… (1) Criminal, (2) R5R Indy, (3) SatinIce

Thanks!

PRKid

Hi Kid. Good to see you guys again. Preferred view is Chase far. Always used to use chase near but since i’ve spent a lot of time in Leagues and the hoppers, i’ve found that chase far gave you a bit more notice of when you were going to be wiped out by corner dive bombers ;). Also, checked the Leaderboard and i use a pad not a wheel. Awesome job btw.

Busy boy over the next few days, but i can see that the Civic 97 is the car to be in. Will have to rustle something up. Shame, the BMW is a fun car to really push.

1 Like

Same deal as before. Always Driver cam, always wheel, always hardcore, DEATH BEFORE AERO!, etc.

Running a Clio again. Didn’t even try anything else. Started off with my build from Indy last season, but decided to try a full weight reduction build on Street tires and had a bit better luck with it. I think the more even weight distribution makes the staggered tire setup a bit more bearable, which is really the Clio’s only downside. Well, that and it’s a Chonkzilla. How the hell can a purpose-built subcompact track car weigh 3 grand?

[Previous] Current best: 2:16.7

Can probably dip into the high 2:15 range with it. Setup really needs a thorough going-over, but I’m going to attempt to fiddle around less and drive more this time around.

== Edit to add

Gave in to necessity and clicked the brakes from 44% to 45%. Car really needs about 44.7%, but we make do with what we have. Setup should be as set as it’s going to get now (see also: “fiddle less, drive more”). It’s well balanced, fairly controllable (it is still MR), and has a surprisingly good amount of front grip at speed given the weight distribution and available tire selection. There’s a bit of a fine line between maintaining traction and sliding, though, so you have to be careful not to push it too hard or you’ll lose the fronts and slide off into the weeds. Uploaded as HLC S4.01 NGP v2 if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

[Current] Current best: 2:15.9

== End edit

Run the Bimmer if you want to run the Bimmer. There’s still a ton of fun to be had pushing a suboptimal car around, even if you’ll never see the top half the the leaderboard in it. Hell, I’m driving a no aero/Street tire Clio. Can’t get much more suboptimal than that.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks!

PRKid

Just done some test laps in the Honda 97 - ran the tune that Coop is using on the night track and managed 2:15.933 - which is quicker than my day time in the '07 by .6 or so - assuming that I can go quicker in the day time by 2ish seconds looking at comparative times from other guys on the lb’s - will probably be running that on some longer runs over the weekend.

Might be able to put some pressure on Foot & Wan Ge if all my assumptions are not too far off.

I did some racing in the HLR Series 2 Hotlap.

So I want to try the HLC 4:

I ran the 97 Honda Civic Type R in Rivals and got a 2:16.309 using Boost Syndicate’s tune.

I race with the TMX Pro racing wheel with the 3 pedals.

“Hood” view is the best for me.
I am on HLR Moss’s Friend list.
Is there anyone else that I need to be “Friends” with?

1 Like

Got you down! Thanks for joining us.

PRKid

You don’t ‘need’ to be friends with anyone really - but it helps just to keep track of where people are in comparison to you & who you might want to be aiming for time wise. If you look at the LB in the first post, you’ll see the current racers times & can follow any of them to add additional times to your rivals list.

Pretty sure you know all this but just in case, good to have you onboard Tomcat.

Ran the '07 civic again, scraped 2:16.0XX could potentially go another .5 or so quicker on a really good run was up and down on that lap.

1 Like

Did about 12 laps in my '97 Civic, then switched to my BMW for about 20 laps and managed a 2.17:596
There is a lot more in it, but I really struggled with finding back the FM7 feel.
Been hanging around so long in Horizon 4 with awd bonanza, that the FWD and RWD and actual track driving takes a a while to get into.
Looking at sector times, I should be able to get into mid 2.16 with that tune. That will be the goal for the week.
Had fun chasing Rob around this afternoon , but just nudged a curb too much in a couple of faster laps.

We will get the Series X at launch (two of them actually, one for my dad and one for me) so we will get back into driving together and against each other.
Looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Managed 2:13.903 in the '97 Civic, looked at the LB & oh boy, some of you guys are flying. Fair play guys, well done.

2 Likes