Highest possible reverse speed without affecting forward gears (Tutorial)

Might sound pretty useless, but I have come up with a way to maximize reverse speeds in your setup without affecting the forward gears/gearing setup. You will obviously need to have the “Race Transmission” which allows you to change the gear ratios of the transmission itself (Final Drive/Forward Gears). You will need to get your dusty calculator from before finals (don’t freak, there’s no actual mental math involved lol). All you’ll need to do is use your fancy multiplication and division functions.

• Tune your gearing to YOUR choice (Ex. Drag Setup, Drift Setup, etc etc.) You can do this trick with your favorite gearing setups you currently use.

• After you have found your favorite gearing setup, we will start working on the “Final Drive”. Your Final Drive gear should be >2.20. If not, then this trick is useless for your tune, get outta here yo!

• Notice your current Final Drive gear and remember that or write it down, we are going to use that later.

• Move the Final Gear all the way to the left (you should end up with a ratio of 2.20)

• Once you have done that, take your original Final Drive ratio you had BEFORE you set it to 2.2, and divide it by your FINAL-final drive gear (2.2). You will be left with a value. Remember this value or write it down, we are going to be using this value later on. (Original Final Gear/Final-Final Gear. Example: Final Gear is 3.5. Do 3.5/2.2, you would get 1.59. THIS IS THE NUMBER. REMEMBER IT OR WRITE IT DOWN!!

• Start with Gear 1. Whatever ratio your Gear 1 is, multiply your Gear 1 by the number you get in Step 5 (Original Final Drive/2.2) and change your Gear 1 to that value you get after multiplying. Do this with the rest of your forward gears (Gear 2,3,4…). Again, do not change the Final Drive after changing it to 2.2 otherwise the reverse gear will be affected.

Once you have done it with all gears, that’s basically it. Save your setup and you’re ready to go. Again, there’s really no point in boosting your reverse in Fiveza but it’s just a thought I had when I tried reversing in multiplayer TAG MATCH in one of my tunes and I didn’t like how slow it was. This also helps if you’re in a sh*tty situation in multiplayer and you crash. Well now your tires will spin a little more and you’ll be able to go faster. I’ve seen AR12Gaming’s reverse gear challenges on Fiveza, he’d sure be winning now if he’s using this trick since it keeps his drag tune from gear 1-MAX and yet maximizes his reverse gear in his setup.

Happy hitting 90mph in reverse :wink:

Here are a couple of photos to further explain (if it doesn’t make sense):

• Transmission gearing BEFORE doing trick:
    BEFORE

• Transmission gearing AFTER doing trick:
    AFTER

UPDATE: I have recently uploaded a YouTube video tutorial. If you’re still having trouble, check that out. Easy stuff guys!