Here's an idea........

Would having a “license” system like "that other game, (GT3 and 4), had and keep people out of certain lobbies without having made that license yet. Yeah, there will be jerks that get the high level license and CAN drive well, but choose to be idiots but maybe that would equalize all lobbies talent wise anyway. Maybe I am wrong. Yeah, prolly, it’s not uncommon, lol.

1 Like

GT6 required an A-License for online play.

GT6 had Custom Public Lobbies.

GT6 was also one of the cleanest online games I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you take away game modes like CAT and MOUSE, all those players are taking it out on the racers, maybe ill join them one day when 6 is cheap. I would have bought forza 6 day one if CnM was in it.

i like this idea. Most pentalty systems are so intrusive they make racing wheel to wheel very difficult. For instance i was playing pcars the other night on laguna, i went inside on the left hander before the corkscrew and got a cut track penalty because the system didnt see that i had someone on my outside, i wasnt doing it for an advantage I was doing it to keep from having an accident. Then to make matters worse because of the cut track penalty speed limit, the guy was trying an over under and when he was behind me ended up hitting me and it ended both of our races. So although i think some sort of penalty system or license system is needed, the one pcars has in place isnt really a viable option. I’ve also heard many complain about iracing safety system because it doesnt really differentiate who caused the accident, just labels you as having been in an incident. This has made it very hard for people to get out of the rookie/starter class as they are constantly being hit by newer players or less skilled players which brings their safety rating back down and prevents them from getting into the cleaner amateur lobbies. Every system has its faults. Personally i find this sticky grass (yea yea its supposedly gone, but thats garbage, grass still sucks your car off everywhere except specific spots) one of the worst methods, especially in terms of racing. It is fine for the rivals events to prevent cutting but it is not a good option, and still doesnt deter wreckers or crashers, it almost makes their job easier.

At the end of the day the problem is that you can’t fix stupid and half the world’s population is below average intelligence. I avoid multiplayer because you can’t fix stupid. I would be in favor of having no achievements be tied to multiplayer so that there is no reason to use it except for the actual love of multiplayer, then maybe you would have primarily true racers with a racer mindset rather than people that join multiplayer to try and get achievement points but not like it and so decide to take their frustrations out on others.

Pretty sure most achievement hunters would use private mp options- not public lobbies. At least the above average ones would.

I think there should be license testing that proves race craft and improves it

There should be usage of the collision data that drivatar data already collects (major and minor are collected) and matchmaking based on that.

I believe that’s already the goal of T10 and other racer games. - but I truly think there is something messed up in search features especially at the OS level and developers are being hampered by it. Seems like all the games have the same matchmaking issues and searching for lobby is pretty crappy all my racing games on xbone.

2 Likes

Don’t forget who the driver audience is comprised of: from 8 year olds to septuagenarians. That’s a pretty wide age group, I know cause in FH2 Showdown you can hear the kids play the game from all over the world. They beef up the fastest cars but can’t really drive them, some are good, some not. Also teenagers love this game too and with all this youth comes exuberance to win any cost, and I really think it’s this youthful bunch that’s the cause of the starting melee at just about every multiplayer race, and there is really not much that any of us can do about that.

it is amusing that the youth do play with the mindset of win at any cost when it comes to online gaming but they suffer major meltdowns in non-digital activities and so all need the ‘pink participation ribbon’ rather than have winners and losers. Maybe if they learned how to lose at sports and other games graciously they could then remember Forza is also just a game and they do not need to win every time and the value and fun is to learn the game and enjoy the entire experience to include losing a well played race.

2 Likes