Help with VIP AND DLC NO FREE CARS FROM GAMES WITH GOLD

Hi everyone

I bought forza horizon 2 off the games with gold special deal this week. It comes with the VIP pack and almost all of the car packs. This is why i bought the game.

However, all my friends say when they bought the game and the VIP all the DLC cars came with free on first collection from the autoshow. However when i go into the game and i want to collect the cars from the car packs Ive bought it makes me pay for the cars with IN GAME CREDITS, when its supposed to be free. For some reason all the cars show up in the autoshow and allow me to 'buy them with in game credits, i havent bought them before or won them or anything, ive just started the game. The only cars i have been able to collect are the free cars from the car packs and they showed up for free in the autoshow like normal.

I dont mind racing to get cash, but its going to take along time… I bought all the dlc so i could play with my mates and have the cars to race with right away…

MY GT IS INCISIVE ZA

(note this was posted on behalf of friend)
Note the change in game tag

Also the Team forza cars arent showing up in the game and the pack is downloaded? can anyone help>

have you made sure that the packs were all downloaded
also have you hard reset your console since installation

Ive made sure they all are, and ive hard reset my console…

And by hard reset do you mean HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR 10 seconds?

Hard reset involves pulling the power supply plug from the wall and leaving it out until the light on it goes off