Head of Project Cars on F5

First rule of business - don’t publicly dis the competition
First rule of making a racing game - ensure the controller has some influence on the cars direction

In the decade since the launch of FM I wonder if the guy ever praised anything T10 did. They were at FM3 by the time Shift (hardly an epic) was released so I wonder who follows who.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but if you want misinformed fanboyism, look no further than this thread. Yes he does come across a bit rude sometimes, but he is there and he is listening. Shift was not their first game and Ian Bell has on numerous occasions been very vocal about the good work that t10 do. I’m not here to defend him, just to offer a little bit of reasoning, something which you guys don’t seem to have. Very lulzy thread by the way, keep it up. :slight_smile:

I am not misinformed in any way in my post above. Simply put, his attitude is going to and already has cost them money, I for one will never buy anything this guy has any part in because of the disrespect he has shown people in the forums. And yes Bell came out and said a few nice things about Turn 10 after he bashed them(I assume someone he works with told him to do so).

He has a bad attitude and is publicly vocal that is what this thread is about(as you can see no one in here is bashing the game itself). I don’t want to speak for the rest of the people in this thread but I’m pretty sure most of us were really hoping Pcars would be a great game and if you can overlook the bugs it’s a pretty good game.

I could deal with waiting for the patches but him unlocking threads and telling the mods “Sorry I reopened the thread because I was having to much fun”(just to troll a little bit more) or just plain insulting people is unacceptable for the head of a company to do so.

1 Like

I actually agree that some of the things he says shouldn’t really be in the public domain, but a balanced argument should be had before opinions are formed. That’s not to say that yours isn’t informed, its just that this thread is bashing an individual, without proper reasoning. If both sides were put across, this thread would not read like a bunch of whining fanboys, but rather a well informed, intellectual discussion.

1 Like

Again, this discussion is about Mr. Bell’s commentary and his accusations - a matter of professional corporate communication. With words like “fanboyism” and text speak like “lulzy,” I suspect you just don’t understand.

Here’s some reasoning for you: if this were a different setting with brand names of the likes of Ford, Samsung, or GoPro, how well do you think Ian’s words as an executive would fly if he blatantly claimed in a community forum that Chevrolet, LG, or Sony were copying his brand? Not very well at all, I guarantee; but, because this is video game territory, you make exceptions and accuse us of “fanboyism”? You may be excused from the table.

1 Like

Actually, unless both sides of an argument are represented, it is not a discussion, but a rant. I understand perfectly thank you. The reason you claim I don’t understand is not because I am stoopid like what you fink I am, but because my insistence for factual reasoning doesn’t fit your personal agenda. (Insert tongue in cheek text speak as appropriate, lmao, rofl…etc)

I checked out the thread in question on the Project Cars forum recently and it was incredibly cringeworthy. In all honesty, if Mr. Greenawalt came on these forums and posted material similar to Mr. Bell, I’d delete it when he wasn’t looking.

4 Likes

I delete it while he watched then id ban him

3 Likes

In the interests of balancing the OP I’m just going to drop off some more quotes from the same thread.

The more great driving games out there the better imo.