Hate Moderators? Love Cat & Mouse?

So, after some discussion amongst us moderators, it has come to light that there might exist a very, very small handful of forum posters out there that, for lack of a better description and on exceedingly rare occassion, do not always recognize that fm.net moderators are the bestest ever.

I know, right?

So, we thought, in between coming up with creative new ways to lock threads and punish forum posters, that it might be fun to completely trounce and humiliate many of you in Cat and Mouse in FM6 once it launches. Now bear in mind that we are all internationally recognized experts in the game and only play old-fashioned, PGR-style Cat and Mouse. None of this ‘no-pinning’ or trophies for participation nonsense.

So, despite assuring my fellow moderators that none of you would dare even think to take on a mod-only super team, we all agreed to post the challenge to gauge interest in some sort of terribly embarassing competition for the forum body.

What say you?

Are you Cat or Mouse enough to throw your dignity in the ring?

Any ideas on how we might do this are welcome. They will most likely be summarily dismissed out of hand as having not come from a moderator but you never know, we might take your idea on board and then claim credit for it ourselves if it works.

9 Likes

Cat and Mouse hasn’t been mentioned anywhere in the current official communication or interviews about the game; are you telling us that the game mode will in fact be in Forza Motorsport 6?

3 Likes

No idea if it’s going to be in FM6 as a specific game mode but professionals such as ourselves do not require a specific game mode for Cat and Mouse.

In all seriousness, those of us that started playing the game back in PGR and early versions of Forza made do without any specific game mode tailored for C&M. You just need agreement between the players in the lobby on how you’re going to run the game.

1 Like

It’s honestly just a post to give people the opportunity to play some Cat and Mouse - and try to beat up on the moderators - if the option to do whatever we want in a multiplayer lobby exists in FM6. We could even play in FM5 or Horizon 2, but the thought was to have some fun during the build up before September, paint some cars, and get some teams ready for a fun time.

This was in no way some kind of announcement thread on which features will or will not be in the game - because we know exactly as much as you do. I promise - they tell us nothing (it’s excruciating)…

3 Likes

Even if it isn’t you can still put a game together with mixed classes. You just need to trust that the cats don’t jump the start. That may depend on who’s the cats and who’s the mice :slight_smile:

Sorry - this was a reply to post #2 but I’m way too darn slow

2 Likes

You did just fine, Dadio - and I think you’re right.

There’s definitely some trust needed between everyone involved. But some of the most fun I’ve had in Multiplayer lobbies in all of the Forza games was playing games that weren’t directly racing. Could be a really fun time.

1 Like

I’m all for taking you guys on in a game of Cat and Mouse. Maybe I can gather a few painters/racers :wink:

1 Like

You bring’em, we’ll pin’em. LOL

Seriously though - just looking for this to be fun, entertaining, and a chance for you guys to get some retribution if you think you need it. :wink:

Even though I think the mods on here are great for the most part, I’d love to take you on in some cat and mouse. It would be a joy to race against you and just have some good old fashioned fun. As “The Rock” would say, “Just bring it!”

1 Like

A few things to think about and discuss.

Teams should consist of three cats and one mouse with alternates that can fill in if necessary.

Each team will need a name we can print on the forums (Don’t worry, we mods will come up with another name for your team that will not be suitable for the forums).

Each team should come up with some sort of team paint for both cats and their mouse with two different base color variants.

For mice we’re thinking of the '65 Mini currently and cats will have to wait until we see the full car list. We have two trains of thought on this, keeping the cars stock or allowing upgrading to the top of class and tuning.

Negotiations have begun with Turn 10 on the possibility of prizes but I’ve assured them they will only need to promise them but never actually worry about having to make good as no one is going to beat us mods.

3 Likes

Only a handful of posters? You guys are being modest.

2 Likes

The modesty is my favorite part.

1 Like

This is an open invitation to grief the moderation team in-game.

Edit - In-game - where we have zero jurisdiction. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That edit…

Thought at least someone would get a kick out of that.

Go on then, this could be a laugh

1 Like

Better get your practice in moderators :slight_smile: You’ll need it.

I definitely need it. I’m crazy rusty. I’ve got some rewards points to work towards though (i’m closing in on Max!), so I’ll be honing my skills over the next couple of months.

We might need to get in some pre-season games for the practice. Perhaps an exhibition game or two on Twitch even.