Give a WRECKER a hug

As some have already said casual gamers aren’t interested in getting to know the lines or racing etiquette but a lot are kids. My 8 year old has no interest in racing lines or braking zones his only interest is having fun driving a car that looks like batmans around a track and if he hits somebody so be it. He only plays in free play as I won’t allow him online as I know he would play exactly the same as free play, others may not see it this way as they may have no clue that there 8 yr old is causing so much destruction in online play. The parents may not use consoles and to them it is just a game.

1 Like

Eldermc808, that is definitely one group that will probably never be reached. I’m talking about grown adults though. I know many are grown adults, because many of them talk and get really angry. Many just shout profane expletives, but it’s obvious they are not children.
Much of what we are seeing in multiplayer stems from frustration. Frustration from the better drivers who get rammed or bumped off the track by the inexperienced drivers. Frustration from the average driver who can’t keep up with the faster drivers and frustration from those who really have no experience at all and just can’t understand why their car isn’t turning into a corner as precisely or accelerating out of a corner like the better drivers.
A lot of them know nothing about the assists or tuning, and probably don’t care to learn. But there are many who do want to learn and get better. Eventually, the really casual gamers will move on, and those who get the Forza bug will stay. If we are going to grow the community and create better online racing, we need to help mentor the ones who are willing, but possibly apprehensive.
Like I said, it’s an idea, that’s all. It beats the negative energy down to try and be positive. So, I will give it a try and just hope it catches on.
In the meantime, I will continue to use the procedures we have available to report intentional wreckers (griefers).

Peace

1 Like

I’d take educated guess based on my experience of forza 6. I play publics for around 4 to 6 hours a night. A 24 person lobby would break down like this.

2 to 4 racers I will recognise or be my freind already

2 to 4 are deluded and thunk they can beat anyone

1 or 2 are trying but don’t understand fully

16 to 18 have turned the game on for the first time in 2 months for a “laugh”

So I’d say 1 or 2 players would want/need/except the help. The only problem is they either speak a diffrent language or they haven’t got the time to put into the game to get race pace.

Truth is I have learnt the hard way over the past few days no 1 takes thus game seriously enough making my own efforts and those of others seem trivial. It’s hard pill to swollen but yes I have just waisted and will continue to waist my time on this game until a suitable replacement is availble

I’m sorry you are having that kind of a turnout in the multiplayer lobbies. I haven’t been in them since leagues started. In leagues it’s a much different picture. I think more than 50% are seriously trying to compete, and doing well. About 30% are new folks trying to learn and about 10% are casual gamers who really don’t care. Then there is the 10% who generally want to cause grief. Of course those percentages are dependent on a few things. Time of day, day of the week, and what other leagues are running. For instance, on Saturday evenings when the ghost league ends, the percentage of wreckers and “don’t cares” go up. After 11pm eastern time, the number of “don’t cares” is usually down.
But occasionally things are just stupid. I have been in league lobbies with 18 players and couldn’t notice anyone trying to actually race clean. When that happens, I bail and go try another lobby, play in career, tune or paint.
I seriously hope things get better for all of us. It would be great to see a mostly happy forum, with energy and enthusiasm about the game, like I remember in FM4.
I can’t control what anyone else does, or what the developers do, but I can control what I do. I’m tired of getting angry, so I’m going to try this for a while. For me.

Peace

1 Like

Old Hippie don’t get me wrong I am 100% per cent in favour of what you are saying but if they are not using a Mic there us no way of telling if it is a kid playing at racing or a fully grown human being just acting like a p****. I don’t use a Mic but I will send messages to folk. I am by no means experienced enough to give advice but I will praise good racing, I then find that this can build mutual respect in the lobby and the more people in the lobby convercing either way makes for better racing.

I will try the Hippie way and see how it goes.

PS. I dig a lot of your posts :v:

1 Like

I appreciate anyone who tries. I never said it would be easy, and it might not make a noticeable difference, but I believe it’s worth a try.
I know a lot don’t use their mics. I realize a lot could be kids. I know a lot probably don’t care. But, I still think it would help.
You don’t even have to try and tell them what to do in many cases. In the parties where I have seen it work, we just invited someone in and were friendly to them. Some had to go find their mics, but they did. Then we just communicated. Things like, hey Hippie, I’m coming up to pass, which way is best. Or, I see you coming up behind me Hippie, I’m moving to the right, go ahead and pass me on the inside.
Before long, that new person would pick up on it and we would see improvement. In leagues, a lot of them don’t understand the scoring. So we explain how clean laps and finishing the race are most important. When they see their points increasing, they start to understand.
So it doesn’t have to be an instructional type of thing. Just be nice and set an example. Answer questions if they ask, and offer tips if you can. That’s all. It’s not a big deal really.

Peace

I think the culture of forza has finally shifted to, I’ll say the more “casual” side. I think this shift in peoples style of play is the sole responsibility of turn 10 with their own shift towards trying to get more “casual” buyers more so than players.

There are reasons why games have rules in place, its to keep people on the same page as to whats going on in whatever game. The problem is, is that no matter how much a person with good racing etiquette tries to help someone, 99% of the other people will continue to race without actually knowing how to. Its easy to follow racing rules when you’re good at racing, but as most people know, a lot of people aren’t.

I still believe turn 10 has to implement either some kind of license tests, tutorials or some kind of system like the one the leagues have to allow people to move up the ranks as they get better. The leagues were a good idea, but they really havent nor will they catch on to the masses, it wasnt really thought out properly as far as scoring and availability wise. So i think they might as well take that true skill system, which is something that works and use it across the board in multiplayer.

1 Like

Firstly kudos to Hippy, isn’t it great to see a positive and constructive approach suggested ( although in Australia hippies normally hug trees)
In addition into hugging wreckers my 2 cents worth says dont react to them.
Contact in my experience can appear intententional but is often incidental.
Contact can occur due to many reasons , overestimating the ability of ones self, driving beyond the limits of the car or conditions , miscalutaing braking requirements or brain fade to name just a few.
I have assumed contact was intentional many times but then had the position redressed or received an apology.
Recently in leagues I was astonished the amount of drivers retaliating against bumps. The end result was always predictable. And this was in Elite so being competent at the game doesn’t exclude bad actions and behaviour.
If someone isn’t interested in racing and only in causing mayhem then reporting is the best solution.
Keep up the good work Hippy.

2 Likes

Good idea, however I would prefer if the game itself taught people how to drive. Currently it teaches new Players in singleplayer to crash away, because that is what Drivatars are doing. If you spend a day or two being bumped around by AI in the first corner it’s not a big surprise you first take it back at them and consecutively behave the same way when going online. Some might even think others are wrecking them in singleplayer since they all carry gamertags.

I just finished the worst race i’ve ever had. 2 people were crashing into everyone else. they did everything just crash into you. im so sick of this. i really want to enjoy the game but because of this i cant. im so p***** off right now.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be possible to implement this into the current game (or not worth T10’s trouble), but perhaps in the future to play multiplayer, you must qualify for certain experience level racing? Maybe every three months allow players to run a driving course with set objectives on an open blacktop to quantify success at different maneuvers and take a lap or two around a small track to gauge their driving competency. If they perform well, they are allowed to be promoted into the next tier. The pro is that it keeps kids that just want to crash and all out of the serious lobbies. The con is that you would create a disconnect between newbies who want to be better but won’t be able to communicate with those who have the experience to share.

What do you do when they come into your party and say “f*** you I don’t care I’m hitting you because it’s fun” because if you report them Microsoft does nothing, if you talk about it on here, forza does nothing but lock your posts and tells you to not talk about it anymore because it’s the truth about the game, so then what do you do if all that fails? Quit the game and go to another lobby block the person and report them…they still follow you around and troll you for hours until you play another game…so now I pay for this game to have to quit because I can’t enjoy my time on it…that doesn’t seem fair at all

You have a Private Message on these forums. Please read it.

1 Like

I think we need to understand that trolls are trolls.

Sure lets live by innocent until proven guilty and let T10 decide which it is but I think this comment would give too many the benefit of the doubt.

Following cars around and also watching the rear view mirror I see time after time a slight tap, a retelatitory tap, and then ping pong breaks out with full on demolition derby, all because of the initial incidental tap which was perceived as deliberate.
Sometimes we just need to take a big deep breath.

Well, I shall try this. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Oh, btw, has anyone tried it yet? What happened; a happy customer or an earful of abuse?