Friends fading fast

I have my own list of complaints about F7, but some of the things are an improvement over F6.

Maybe im reading too much into things as there could be many reasons why my friends are not playing at the moment. My FM6 friends were very active and I just assumed that there would be more going on in the early stages 7. There are plenty of things to love about this game and if not for bugs, stuck saving screens, sudden absence of features and game design polish of forzas past, this would likely be the best since 4. I just hope people stick around long enough for things to improve I guess.

Well, im not here to change anyones mind either, but i certainly dont like being ‘spoken for’ as a long term fan of forza since day one of forza one releasing.

Sure, ive had my gripes over the years, forza 5 was horrific, etc, and i certainly have my gripes with F7 (the homologation is superb, but it should be optional, not the be all and end all, and fh3 should have been copied for the single player, allowing us to chose car class for the races) but overall F7 is bloody fantastic.

For me its all about the cars and the driving. They feel special now you have to ‘earn’ the ability to buy them, they sound utterly jaw dropping in cockpit view, the new dash cam for us wheel users is something ive wanted for YEARS, the shaking of parts inside, the physics, whilst not on the level of pcars, etc, are vastly improved, and the addition of good weather options add another level to the racing.

All this together brings forza alive to me, for the first time it doesn’t feel sterile, its superb and more than enough to keep me happy whilst they add features etc.

So, as a long term forza fan, i love F7 and cannot wait to play it in 4k on the X, superb game

2 Likes

Cannot wait for the X either!! i am fortune enough to play PC version and it is simply astonishing, almost drooling over the graphics in 4k. Agree the Homologation is pretty good basic tune that is pretty competitive alone, i completely agree with you on the option to have it. Definitely enjoying myself :v:

Honestly I doubt the activity of friends has anything in particular to do with Forza 7 which is a very very good but could be great game as it develops. My friend list is full of people who play all sorts of games. Some of them aren’t into driving games at all. I’ve come to accept that my friends and people I have on my friend list will do their own thing and that’s cool. I still will do mine and Forza 7 is just one game I play. A majority of the most negative comments come from Forza 7 players who are bitter that the particular thing that they want personally is either not in the game or in the game yet. It doesn’t make the game as a whole bad.

-k

I fear multiplayer is already dead. Either that or the matchmaking is not working at all. It’s not a lot of fun that people are matched together whose lap times differ by more than ten seconds. Additionally, you barely make any money in multiplayer. I earn 8000 CR for a ten minute session (including the load and wait time). In career I get eight times that amount. It’s just not worth it spending time there. The sad thing is I used to play dozens of hours in Forza 6 online, but in Forza 7 everything is worse. And since first impressions are important I doubt multiplayer can be saved. I see myself returning to F6 for multiplayer.

3 Likes

It could be they aren’t playing games anymore, but it could be they are playing different games because let down after let down I don’t blame them leaving.

1 Like

While I love anything cars and played previous Forza’s quite a bit, 7 is different. It’s not a major let down, but I am disappointed with it. Played 6 a lot and Horzion 3 up until I completed the main story line, lots of hours, miles, and cars on 1-4 (and this is after my other account was banned for some stupid stuff I did 4 or 5 years ago, otherwise it would be A LOT more). I used to game a lot, but now it’s just getting boring, and I find myself doing other stuff and focusing on other hobbies, as well as work. One of my buddies at work was stoked for 7, and now a few weeks after, he’s resorted to the rewards glitch and even talks of using that to focus on playing other games. I think a good portion of (once?) loyal Forza fans have definitely been disappointed by this game, while a smaller portion abandoning the series completely.

As for your friends OP, it could be any number of reasons: loss of interest in gaming, frustrated/disappointed with this game, occupied by other hobbies/work.

Im gonna have to concur with the op on this one, less than half the people on my friends list that played 5 and 6 have played 7,I have barely played myself tbh. I dont think its a bad game but i think theyve made too many changes to what many would think is the core of forza. Imo many of these changes can not be “fixed” with patches. These are total design changes to the economy as well as to the class system.

Imo this has been the sloppiest launch of a forza game. Forza 5 was a launch title and was light on content but at least showed innovation where as 7 seems slapped together with pieces of 6 and horizon 3 with a sprinkle of loot boxes and meaningless badges and outfits thrown in.

There are some positive changes that were made finally but theyre overshadowed by the negative ones. For the past few months people were wondering why there wasnt much new info about this game and now many have found out why. If turn 10 wouldve told or showed people the changes they were planning to make im willing to bet even less people wouldve bought the game.

5 Likes

^Agreed

While for me I will keep playing the game because it the best forza has ever been on a steering wheel (still needs some improvements). forza always used to be a very social experience were you could always easily find like minded players for whatever it was you liked doing in forza, now it seems alost impossible to do anything that you ‘want’ to do, and are forced into whatever T10 wants you to do.

It used to be a big open sandbox with plenty of tools to build with, now it’s just something totally different and I don’t even know how to describe it.

3 Likes

You’re right. Forza 7 is the best single player and wheel experience yet in the Motorsport series. Although Forza appears to be changing overall direction and philosophy as it evolves, you can still do more with Forza than its competitors. If players don’t like some of the changes to Motorsport they will absolutely hate what GT has become. GT wants to be Project Cars and looks like Sony’s answer to it.

-k

I also do not agree with some of the negativity that is aimed towards FM7. I don’t consider myself an ‘aficionado’ or a particularly good player but I do much prefer the feel of this game than I did with FM6, I found that a little bland.

I don’t see why people are worried about the population of the game. Online on FM6 was great when there were an average of 12-18 players in a room the whole night. Now we have 24 nearly every other race. I honestly can’t wait a couple months when things die down because crashers will lose interest in the game and online racing and leagues will become more fun and epic.

I thought the same thing with forza 6 but the crashers never left and just got worse. Over the years turn 10 has expertly cultivated this rotting cespool known as online multiplayer. Once again they released a game that does nothing to teach or hone racecraft, allowing people to form horrible habits that wont ever change for the better. While not only their competition put systems in place but many other major developers do something to stop griefing and other unwanted behaviors, not turn 10 though, their gonna ride this one out again and see where it takes them.

3 Likes

I started forza with FM3, played it a lot, bought FM2, didn’t play it to much and pee ordered FM4. Hardly played it at all due to young kids taking up my time. Didn’t get on the xbox for several years, no interest due to life changes, kids, business. The Scorpio pre order happened just after lightening had taken out most all my AV gear, thought why not?, checked out games for it and saw FM7 on pre order, and after starting it, I’ve played it ever day and finished the forza cup. First forza I’ve actually went through the entire race.

And I still get more racing with the elite races!. My favorite forza yet!

I feel you Deadly I, I (like so many others) have ideas that could potentially bring back interest but if I voice them, I believe your post will get the boot. So here goes nothing. But yeah numbers are going down, eventually they’ll notice and write another “letter to the community”.

1 Like

Best Forza yet IMO but they have a ton of bugs to fix. I’m sure they are working hard to fix them (I hope).