Freeplay -- No drivatars

If I try to use any car restrictions in Free Play aside from PI limit, I end up with no drivatars. Is there any way to use free play to set up any sort of custom races, or is setting restrictions not actually possible?

What are you trying to set up? There’s lot of different options, so depending on what you’re after might be possible, just need a bit more info.

There’s no one thing. I’ve tried manufacturer races, I’ve tried limiting to cars from a particular country, or decade, or drive type. Model families, power to weight ratios, it all gives me an empty field. I think that I did at one point successfully set up a race with a PI limit and a horsepower limit, but trying to set a horsepower range seems to mess it up. I feel like when it gives me X cars available at the top, if X is equal to or greater than 1 it ought to be able t create a field, but it seems like if that number is less than 100 it fails.

If you find a setup that doesn’t provide any Drivatars and post all your settings from the three tabs then we can replicate the setup and see if we have the same issue.

1 Like

Did anything further come from looking into this? I’ve just had the same problem with no drivatars loading in a free play race. For the new Forzathon challenge, I figured I’d set up a race where all the opponents were in Australian cars too, visualising a grid of Commodores, Monaros and Maloos, but ended up all alone.

Rules
Environments: Mount Panorama
Laps: 5
Max Drivatars: 23
Game Type: Circuit Race
Track Scenario: Day
Car Division: Any

Adv. Rules
Track List: Any
Collision Mode: Default
Number of Teams: None
Number of Driver Buckets: None
Car Class: Any
Drive Type: Any
Drivatar Difficulty: Expert
Limit Drivatar Aggression: On
Drivatar Designs: On
Start Type: Standing (0s roll off)
Grid Ordering: Random
Ascending: No
Quick Stops: Off
End Condition: Number of Laps
End-of-Race Timer: None
Scoring Type: Time Based
Bigger is Better: No
Compare Best Lap Scores: No

Car Restrictions
Allow Upgrades: Yes
Performance Index > Any
Performance Index < Any
Power > Any
Power < Any
Curb Weight > Any
Curb Weight < Any
Year > Any
Year < Any
Model Family: Any
Region: Any
Make: Any
Model: Any
Engine Placement: Any
Engine Configuration: Any
Cylinders: Any
Aspiration: Any
Power Handicap: 1.00
Front Grip Handicap: 1.00
Rear Grip Handicap: 1.00

It happened twice for me that there were no drivatars in free play, whatever I tried. Both times I did reset the options (Y for Xbox), that worked for me.

That doesn’t have the desired effect for me, as it resets everything including the country restriction I wanted, as well as resetting to rolling starts instead of standing starts. If I’m in the main menu, it also picks a different track, whereas if I reset in the pre-race menu, I can’t change the number of drivatars.

Yes, it resets to the default setup. I think it is best to do it in the main menu and after doing that change everything back to the desired options. You might try changing race type from circuit race to costum race as well.

That still doesn’t work. The specific race conditions I was trying to set up, i.e no restrictions other than cars must be Australian to go up against me in my Maloo, weren’t producing any opponents, even though the Car Restrictions page says there are 17 cars eligible

@ManteoMax, has any further investigation been done into this? Thanks

I have been finding a lot of these.

Will share when I get the chance.

I suspect as well that this is the cause of the infinite loading in Freeplay as the track won’t load until there are drivatars.

I’m in a BMW 323ti Sport which is homologated to C450 just trying a few different cars before the leagues get under way next week.

If I go to Race set up> Car Restrictions

Allow Upgrades Yes
Car Class Any
Leave everything else as the game set it.
Go down to region and set Europe. It tells me there are 97 cars available.

I got back to the track and voila I have 23 other cars on the starting grid

Could it be the car you’re starting in? As that seems to set some of the HP etc restrictions from the get go.

Honestly, I don’t have enough time attempting this to know for sure. I’ve had trouble doing this with every car I’ve tried, but that’s only a few thus far. I am trying to race cars beyond (or well beyond) their normal homologation requirements, which is the biggest reason I’m using free play, because the campaign feels too restrictive for a Forza game. Ultimately I’d like to be able to use free play similar to the Blueprint system of FH3, but that’s looking very unlikely at this point. For instance, right now I’m in an S-class Alfa 4C. If I set PI limit to 800, HP limit to 500, and weight to 2100lbs or greater I get 392 available cars and easily a full field, unfortunately mostly purpose built race cars. If instead I simply set it to Alfa Romeos with all other settings open, I get nothing. Now of course there are only 15 Alfas in the game, which is a lot less than the 100 that said before, but that was just a soft guess. I know I’ve seen 50-60 before when I was racing a Buick GNX (I don’t remember what my specific settings were unfortunately) and had an empty field. I did manage just now to set up a race for only Italian cars that worked, but there were 111 available. At this point, any option to race only high performance street cars would be a solid step in the right direction, but I can’t even figure out a way to exclude race cars right now.

I’ll keep experimenting and see if I can glean any further insight. I do think something is going wrong with it though, based on the fact that when I end up in a race with no field the race setup sets itself to 0 drivatars and can’t be changed without fully exiting the game mode. That can’t be right.

Alright Max, here’s an example:

Rules
Environments: Road Atlanta (Full Circuit)
Laps: 4
Max Drivatars: 23
Game Type: Circuit Race
Track Scenario: Day
Car Division: Any

Adv. Rules
Track List: Any
Collision Mode: Default
Number of Teams: None
Number of Driver Buckets: None
Car Class: Any
Drivatar Difficulty: Average
Limit Drivatar Aggression: On
Drivatar Designs: On
Start Type: Rolling
Grid Ordering: PI
Ascending: No
Quick Stops: Off
End Condition: Number of Laps
End-of-Race Timer: None
Scoring Type: Time Based
Bigger is Better: No
Compare Best Lap Scores: No

Car Restrictions
Allow Upgrades: Yes
Performance Index > Any
Performance Index < Any
Power > Any
Power < Any
Curb Weight > Any
Curb Weight < Any
Year > Any
Year < Any
Model Family: Any
Region: Any
Make: Alfa Romeo
Model: Any
Engine Placement: Any
Engine Configuration: Any
Cylinders: Any
Aspiration: Any
Power Handicap: 1.00
Front Grip Handicap: 1.00
Rear Grip Handicap: 1.00

Race creates no drivatars, but starts fine with myself as the only car on track. When I leave the race but stay in free play and go back to setup, everything is the same except for Max Drivatars, which is now set to 0 and cannot be changed. WHen I go back to main menu and return, settings are back to what they were with Max Drivatars reset at 23. Still results in no drivatars on the field if I try to race though.

From what I’ve seen, whether you have allow upgrades set to yes or no. The game won’t upgrade a car to a certain class for you. It will only offer you cars that start within that PI range.

So as Arquibus has found, if he tries to start a race with S class Alfa’s there are none, as none of them start natively at S. Perhaps there should have been a force upgrade option as I think there may have been in some previous titles.

That’s what I was thinking as I wrote that out too. AI doesn’t have the ability to upgrade cars except as defined by the preset homologation settings, or something to that effect. Disappointing if that’s the case, it sort of takes all the guts out of the system. Still makes me wonder why it doesn’t go ahead and fill the class with the best options it can, even though that wouldn’t really give any sort of competition.

And there have been systems in previous Forzas since forever, to upgrade Drivatar cars.

1 Like

I have the same problem. It started me with a lot of “drivatars,” but I just wanted to learn the track, so I set them to 0. But now there is no option other than 0 and I tried resetting to defaults but that did not help.

m

This happened to me while I was chasing Forzathon goals. I also had the infinite loading screen happen. I went to the main menu and did a rival’s race, went back into free play and everything was fine.

I had this happen as well. Going back to the main menu and into freeplay I was once again able to select number of AI.