Forzathon and Forzathon Shop in FH4

Forzathon Live in FH4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first?page=4
To serve those players who play a lot, "We wanted to give people something new every hour, every day, every week.”

An example of the Forzathon Live screen info is shown in the E3 stage demo. https://youtu.be/VA4XbDE-tJk?t=241

Q: PG have said there’s now a ‘forzathon’ shop, does this mean we’re not getting specific rewards for forzathons and instead getting a currency of some sort to spend at this forzathon shop?
A: “Yep. Completing #Forzathon challenges in FH4 will earn you Forzathon Points to spend on rotating rewards in the new Forzathon Shop: Cars, vanity items, emotes, horns, etc.” -Jon Knoles

This actually sounds like it might be better than how Forzathon was handled in FH3. Earning Forzathon currency and spending it in a shop, rather than having exclusive cars being available for a day or a week and then people complaining when they missed out.

Now perhaps the only possible thing I’m worried about would be if content in the Forzathon Shop was time limited…

1 Like

hourly content? Some people have lives and can’t be playing ALL THE Time.

7 Likes

On my reading I think they may have used misleading words.

I think what is hourly is activities from which you can earn a currency. That currency you can spend to buy what we call content.

This is nothing more than you always having challenges to do if doing challenges is something you like doing.

I don’t think and certainly hope that certain cars are not only available for an hour.

2 Likes

Or you can look at it differently and say : “they do it hourly just because some people have lives and can’t be playing ALL THE Time” …

Imagine if they only did it once a day during office hours ? Would be worse then hourly events, don’t you agree ?

1 Like

That they will repeat over and over probably. Sounds like it’s for Driver gear or something. I wouldn’t get in a tizzy. Could just be credits to spend in the Forzathon shop.

While this is great for those that spend their time in MP, I hope they continue with the regular Forzathons for those who play solo mode, but continue with the week long duration.

5 Likes

Q: PG have said there’s now a ‘forzathon’ shop, does this mean we’re not getting specific rewards for forzathons and instead getting a currency of some sort to spend at this forzathon shop?
A: “Yep. Completing #Forzathon challenges in FH4 will earn you Forzathon Points to spend on rotating rewards in the new Forzathon Shop: Cars, vanity items, emotes, horns, etc.” -Jon Knoles

1 Like

Sounds pretty annoying.

3 Likes

How so? You complete challenges, you get points to spend on whatever exclusive car you want. Better than having to be in the right place in the right time having to get that one tedious challenge done just because it’s literally the only way to unlock an exclusive car.

4 Likes

Progressing random challenges with random people within relatively short time limits in an attempt to accrue inherently annoying extraneous currency to maybe someday spend on something that appears in the Storzathon, only to not have enough when it shows up, of course, and thus hope you have enough next time it decides to rotate through assuming you even manage to catch its window of opportunity…

Sounds pretty annoying.

5 Likes

Cars are mentioned too PJ.

Then don’t do the challenges, no one forces you to do them. They haven’t stated that the items in the shop will be exclusive.

1 Like

Then simply don’t do it. It’s optional after all.

I for one think it’s a great idea. Lot of people complained that cars were behind specific challenges. In FH3 sometimes those challenges could be broken or bugged. There were a couple of times where I simply didn’t get the car after the challenge. Also some people just don’t like some ForzaThon rewards and well, you don’t have to buy them if it’s currency based.

3 Likes

Right now I’d think of it being similar to the Skill Shop in Forza Horiozn 3; you earn Skill Points while driving and can spend those on Perks and rewards.

#Forzathon shop sounds like a similar idea, only you earn points from #Forzathon challenges and have a wider range of items to choose from. Since Jon mentioned vanity items I suspect that cars won’t be available in the #Forzathon shop.

It’s pretty much a given that they’ll want to incentivize it, and exclusive items are the most likely carrot. Sure, you won’t be forced to do it (unless you are, in fact, forced to do it during an introductory portion of the game), but there’s almost certainly going to be some measure of metaphorical arm twisting involved. But, hey, maybe it will merely be inoffensively ignorable.

2 Likes

ANYTHING in Forza that is Online based is suspect in my view. Let’s face it, the Online Community is not the nicest or fairest of communities. I will just have to wait and see but I don’t have high hopes. And I will be especially annoyed if there is anything hidden behind this ForzaShop wall.

6 Likes

Dont do it with random people then
Plenty of people here that are more than willing to help out

Did it all the time with a certain few in fh3 when required

And never had any issues doing the forzathons in fh3
Received every single reward without issue when doing the challenges correctly …except the time when the Subaru had not yet been added to the game
Maybe the descriptions were a little bit vague sometimes but if you learnt from experience ( and complainers here) you knew not to use DLC cars and which races counted and which didnt

2 Likes

I did do a few of these in H3 but it seems like with you in AU and most of the guys in the Forzathon thread seeming to be in EU it was kind of hard to get together with me in KS. Just wait and see what happens, I guess.

Lato, feel free to add me (my GT is the same as here), although I’m on the West Coast and usually not on until weekends/mornings…

I will do that. I was in your fair city a week ago at my Grandaughter’s soccer tournament Might come back this weekend and bring their computer back to them

I will do that.

1 Like