Forza Motorsport 7 Experimental Drag feedback wanted

I know that in conventional racing you can get an exclamation mark for drafting or allowing another car to draft you. But why am I getting nothing but exclamation marks on exp. drag? And looking at the leaderboards the vast majority of racers are getting them too. The settings on my cars are identical to what I am racing on circuits with and getting clean laps so it’s NOT my settings. What are most of us doing wrong?

1 Like

Question: Is the countdown length at the start of a race the same every time?

If so I feel that some form of variance should be added so that there’s a greater challenge to nailing a “perfect” reaction time. With a preset countdown length the start sequence becomes more about prediction than reaction in my opinion.

Side note: I hope this means that jump starts (and associated penalties) will become an option for circuit races in the future.

1 Like

IRL, once you’re staged, the tree falls at the same rate every time. So having variation is unrealistic.

1 Like

I did not know that, thanks for clarifying.

[Update: Looks like there were further replies. Interesting topic.]

That’s not true. Different tracks/classes/events use 2 types of trees. I believe a “pro tree” has the time between staged and green are always a little different. That way it’s not a matter of getting the rhythm of that particular tree and always launching the same. You actually have to watch and react, not guess.

There is also a static, constant interval tree. I’m tired and I not up to looking up the “proper” terms for each of these. I just know that in the really real world, the trees are not always lit at a constant interval.

2 Likes

Make a real working 3d tree , so we can choose hud or the real tree

The tree drop is the same. Pro tree drop (.400 from amber to green) is constant to pro tree, sportsman tree (.500 between each of the 3 ambers then green)is constant to sportsman tree.

I’m glad you had it in you to look it up. Like I said, I was running on no sleep for a couple days. I knew there wasn’t one constant. I also forgot about “instant green”. There you have no ambers after staging. Just the staging lights, then straight to green. More “street” like. I’ve seen this at Nopreps quite a bit.

I didn’t need to look it up, I just added the link to back my point. In game, we have a sportsman tree that is constant. What PJTierney was asking for is variance in the tree between races to stop it being muscle memory launching rather than a ‘true’ reaction. As we only have one tree, it has to stay constant between runs. Even if a pro tree was added for certain classes, the time between amber and green would still remain the same between runs.

Alright man. Happy that you “didn’t have to look it up”. My point still stands as a few people have said along with YOU. There ARE different trees that are timed differently. Pro and sportsman, (and the instant green), THAT was my point, after I read your post saying it’s always the same. No reason to get condescending about this.

I apologise if that is how it came across. I misunderstood your point and was trying to clarify. Again, I’m sorry. Hopefully see you in the staging lanes once this goes live online. :smiley:

Right on man. Fully admit I tend to get defensive. PJ knows this, lol. So, sorry on my end as well. Man, lack of sleep has an effect! Whew.

Anyway, absolutely looking forward to getting some good racing in for sure.

Would love to see a burnout area to simulate heating tires for grip
Adjustable wheelie bars
Real drag tires big/small with the correct physics
Manual option for cockpit lights and headlights
Extra option for the drag light tree so that it just jumps to green this way you can`t time the lights
Splitscreen races
Manual Staging

3 Likes

Race again and Restart are my very most wanted functions in Forza series so far, so if you are going to add them globaly to all events in FM7 (and FH4 too), I’ll be happiest Forza player in the world.

Drag and Meetups are not my cup of tea, so I’am not going to coment them.

I like it.:blush:

I would like to race against different people and against different models not the same ones over repeatedly.

1 Like

Dear FM,

Like the new mode! Like that you have a tree, can jump the start, all that good stuff!

Something that needs to be improved is the replay of the finish line. This has been a problem since Forza 1 where as soon as you hit the finish line, the replay rewinds to the beginning. No way to examine or slo-mo photo finishes or just bask in the glory of a close win! The cars should be allowed to pass through the finish line so we can see the climax to the race. Also, in this mode especially, a side-view finish line camera is a must!

Thanks for continually improving the game! God bless!

Mike A

8 Likes

Awesome! Stoked that this update was released, great job so far!

Only a few things so far that I can think of that could use some tweaking…

1. Make the real/actual tree a lot bigger & the lights function. (An option to have the real tree only would be cool too)

2. The time between lights seems off to me…There is a longer pause between the last yellow & green,
    I think the pause between each light should be exactly the same.

3. There should be an option for not adding reaction time to total time. Reaction time doesn’t matter if your going for the Fastest ET.

4. Launch Control option would be sick!
    Like if you could hold the handbrake button & the gas to engauge launch control/trans brake or something like that & allow us to adjust/set the rpm. Some boost building fun w/ plenty of loud backfires!

5. Test & Tune option would be extremely useful. Have the track to yourself with the ability to tune & add upgrades.

I’m sure you already have other tracks in the works so I’ll leave that out for now.

Thanks & keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I like the progress so far. I like the time slip at the end. It’s cool to know my reaction times and all the different splits. The quick return or whatever is pretty cool. There are a few things I am hoping for down the road as I k ow this is a work in progress.

Burn out and staging. This is a major portion of drag racing. This need to get integrated into this. Even if it’s not the full, top fuel, half the track burnout and it’s just a small spot to heat the Tires, we need it. Along with that, pulling into the beams is also huge. There are different strategies just in how one stages in a drag race. We should be able to pull up and light the tree. It’s just how drag racing is done.

Upgrades. I understand this is where some get into an uproar, but if we’re gonna do this thing, let’s do it right!

1 There needs to be proper slicks. Drag tires have a very flexible side wall which is part of what helps the launch. What we have now is sorta like a drag radial, not as grippy. It would be good to have the true 36" x 16" Drag slick or a true 10.5" small tire. The small 4" wide front rim and tire.

2 Suspension. Wheelie bars and 4 link, should all be adjustable. Raising or lowering the wheelie bars can drastically change how a car will launch and drive down the road. Back halving cars or cutting out the underneath for weight and throwing huge drag slick under it. Physics that don’t dictate that raising a car to the highest ride height equals quicker!

3 Engine and transmission. There needs to be huge power for drag racing. I’m not scoffing at 1000hp, I just know that these days most drag cars can and are pushing between 1500 hp on the low end on up to 3-4000 hp. There should be some engines for this. Giant cubic inch motors, turbos and superchargers with adjustable boost. All the power adders including nitros. Before you all shout no way, I’m NOT talking about need for speed most wanted, do some drifting and add more NOS like. But true to life nitros kits. 100 shot, 200, multiple kit setups.

4 spoilers. Actual drag style spoilers and body kits. Not much more to add for that one,

1. I’m sure it’s coming at some point, but more tracks than just Dubia.

When I’m more awake and have more time I want to throw a few pics on here showing the stuff in talking about. Been too long a day, I just wanted to give my input after my first go round with this. I also want to add that I know many don’t want to see new upgrades. Mostly for fear that things would show up elsewhere and ruin the other disciplines of racing that are in the game. To me, the simple fix woild.be to make “drag” upgrades ONLY available if drag racing. Or at least not in online public or rivals. GT3 did that back in the 90s when they had a few dirt tracks that you could only drive on with dirt tires. That was 20 years ago, lol.

I absolutely thank and applaud Turn 10 for finally throwing us drag racers a little love! Thank you guys!

5 Likes

I hear ya Zep!!! Man, it is a great start! Let’s keep it going!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like