Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Win10)

Unless you value your privacy. Or the ability to disable auto updates. Or you want an OS designed for a desktop PC and not a tablet or mobile phone.

Oh yeah, Windows 7 handles full screen better than Windows 8 and 10.

Privacy, nothing is private anymore. VPNs are pointless unless both endpoints (yours, and the website you are viewing) are encrypted cause you are still leaving footprints even if they cant sniff the information in transport.

Windows 10 is a desktop OS and you can disable auto updates if you have the pro version (designed for business where it matters most). The forced updates is to avoid a windows xp situation again.
Oh yeah, It does handle fullscreen better than 8/7.

1 Like

Edit:

After seeing a bit more information my view has slightly changed. I’m both for and against so I’m leaving it at that.

10 Likes

PC is a good move. There is a reason I gave up on all the time invested and sold my Xbox One and everything. The XB1 is horrible…there is literally zero downside to having it on PC.

I bet all you guys liked cassette tapes and thought CD’s were a horrible idea because they costed 6 bucks more…if you were alive then.

6 Likes

So you sold your xbox and games but keep visiting a forum for a game that is console exclusive (until this recent announcement)…

Forza needs a major overhaul to compete with PC race Sims/games. How about finally being able to tune each corner of the car for starters.

3 Likes

Please do tell which PC race games are superior to Forza. I can’t say when I play Forza I am bothered by not being able to tune each corner of the car, somehow I’ve managed to cope with this limitation.

Firstly I said race Sims. Forza is not a race sim. Assetto Corsa, Rfactor, iRacing and even Project Cars are all better then Forza on PC.

If you’re not bothered by not being able to tune each corner of the car then a full race sim isn’t for you anyway

1 Like

Umm, how would you know I visited all the time? Maybe I only came back because of this announcement. That would be…wow that would make complete sense wouldn’t it. Why don’t you bother checking someones post history before coming off like a petty nincompoop but then again that would go against your nature.

2 Likes

When did I say you visited all the time? You haven’t changed a bit, still assuming and putting words in other peoples mouth. I’m not wasting my time follow your post history. Sounds like you have trouble letting go

On a separate note, there’s no wheel support for PC version of Forza

On a separate note, there’s no wheel support for PC version of Forza

Where do they say there would be no wheel support?? I dont think even Turn10 would be so stupid as to not let there be full wheel support as many PC racers have wheels.

UWA/UWP doesnt support DirectInput (HID) devices (ie, most peripherals on PC). They use Xinput (XID).

I doubt even the xbox wheels will work (fanatec with xb1 rim etc) as the drivers on the PC side will be HID (unless Im currently mistaken).

As such, it will require support from both MS as well as the manufacturer of said wheel.

The problem, while they are small niche segment, is serious sim racers will have button boxes, direct drive wheels costing thousands which have been supported in most games since the dawn of time. Thats what apex is looking to resolve (from my understanding). Here is a free app with xyz cars of varying nature for you to develop against going forward.

How well that plays out in reality vs theory, time will tell.

Wheel support was the main reason why I was excited for the PC version. Where did MS/T10 confirm this? I saw an article that said wheel support would come later.

There are plenty of us who turned our backs on Forza 5/6 that still check in here once in a while to see it burn.

1 Like

I hated cassettes, 8 tracks were the way to go.

1 Like

I say the move is neither good nor bad. Frankly, I think the focus should be kept to Xbox, and PCs work to Xbox standards.

This way, we get optimum play for console players, and adequate for PC users because, let’s face it, it’s not hard these days to get a PC that runs to or above console standards.

As for the 8 track thing? I still feel vinyl could have been a solid platform for today’s needs :wink:

I sincerely hope you are joking.

Thats a death sentence move right there. PC base will eat you alive if you pull that stunt.

Develop a scalable app that takes advantage of the highest hardware that scales down to xbox.

1 Like

‘Slimmed down’…

Suspected Killer Instinct model - Release the base game for free, pay for content to bring it to parity…

Obviously speculation, have to wait and see.

Could also just be a ‘testing the waters’ to see how it competes with other major racing franchises on PC. Its not a bad thing by any means, Options are good for everyone.

3 Likes

Lol, don’t mix things up. Almost all the Console ports of PC games are dumbed down versions, not the other way round. :slight_smile:

Hopefully they’ll release it for Steam, so I can finally throw away my Xbox1

:smiley:

I wouldn’t count on Steam, but I’m very happy that Forza will be coming to PC.

Apex is a nice bridge, but Forza 7 on PC will be a great thing indeed. No more saddled by poor performing consoles, yay!