Forza is too far behind in customization

I just looked up a video of Need for Speed: Heat to see what customization is like in that game and oh my, I almost fell out of my chair!

Just look at how much this guy is able to customize his car. T10 really needs to step up in customization because even though we have wide bodykits, police bars and off-road parts, Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon) are still far behind on the competition in terms of customization. I know/think a lot of it has to do with licensing, but really? The cars we have in Horizon are the same cars that are available in NFS: Heat, so is that really the problem??

It would be such a step forward for Forza if we had more bodykits (or at all) for the cars in the game so we would be able to customize our cars in more detail than we can now. And that would not really be a step forward, it would be more like catching up! Forza has the realistic handling, which is imo one of the best racing gameplays I have ever experienced but it needs more. I think to really shine it needs to compete with games like NFS in terms of customization if they want to keep fans and attract more

Yup I agree. I also play Need for Speed Heat in a addition to Horizon games. In some respects it’s a better game e.g. much better map, more engaging street racing. Horizon has better car physics / handling and better online racing.

12 Likes

Forza needs to fix the existing bodykits first
it’s 2022 now, not 2005, mistakes like these are unacceptable, and that’s just two out of around 40 that I know of

9 Likes

I don’t mind old bodykits. What I do mind is that the CRX doesn’t have any sideskirts. So if you install the bumpers you’re left with a massive awkward gap in the middle

20 Likes

I would probably be difficult to track down and replicate real-life kits for most of the vehicles, but like the generic spoiler and front bumper aero they could have one or two generic bumpers/hoods/skideskirts per vehicle type (classic muscle, modern sportscar, hot hatch, etc…).

An easier solution, and one that would help a good bit would be to have customizable lights, even with just the tint and intensity of the light and also customizable tail pipes.

It’s strange to have a restomod classic with modern appearance but yellow lights and a tuned out hot hatch with a tiny tail pipe.

6 Likes

fixing old kits includes adding side skirts

6 Likes

Absolutely! We have two OUTDATED and ugly hood options. Well three if you count that silly and totally useless supercharger hood.

How about some variety? I just don’t think the T10 PGG people are really car people. They need to hire Jeremy, Richard, and James, as technical advisors.

5 Likes

The blower is actually my favorite hood for muscle cars :stuck_out_tongue: I wish more muscle cars had that hood, like the ‘77 Firebird Trans Am

4 Likes

Of the three options, it is my favorite. But adding the blower hood should also, automatically add a blower to your motor. And it should be a shaker style hood.

1 Like

I love the motorsport and horizon games and have been playing since forza 1 for regular xbox. That being said, the series cusomization sections has been very stale for years. The same bodykits over and over again and no real interest to fully revitalize the system. I would gladly give up any character customization for more car customization. Id honestly get rid of character customization, clothes, chat replies, and all that for the wheelspins and just have cars and money. The other stuff is wasteful filler. Also allow us to sell cars in game that we dont want.

Better progression system and fully customization of the cars. Lights, windshield banners, custom doors and a full sweet of aero parts and bodykits for cars that have tons, like civics, rx7, 300zx, etc and more engine swaps that make sense. Like swapping an h, b and k seties engines into civics or a k24 into an rx7.

Also id like to have more normal cars in the game. Theres so many super cars a d it starts to feel redundant and almost destroys the stale customization that does exist. Also so many great engines in game are underutilized and underestimated like the 2jz and rb26. Where is the 2k hp 2jz engines? And why can the rb only be tuned to 7 or 800hp? Companies like exvitermini were making over 1000hp rb engines 20 years ago.

The series is great but the car portion needs a serious overhaul. Research needs to be done for a more accurate depiction of a lot of vehicles. I think its safe to say most people that play realling like the tuning and customization aspect but its seriously lacking and its been slept on for too long. A few extra wheels and the ability to simply move the wheels out is a good start but nowhere near enough.

9 Likes

Licenses won’t be a problem for brands like Mitsubishi Toyota ford subaru Mazda Nissan Honda etc as they don’t care they know their cars are loved in the tuner industry it’s brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini and Bugatti that causes problems because they don’t like their cars being customised for some weird reason at the end of the day we can have nfs like customisation in forza but don’t expect it to be on every car even nfs has its limits on certain cars

1 Like

Yeah very true I think the Japanese cars should have more kit options most even have in house factory body kit options (eg supra mk4 3000gt kit) and on another topic why is there no 2JZ or turbo 3 rotor option for rRX-7’s yet (or for any car in the turbo 3rotors case) as these are very popular engine swaps

4 Likes

Good gravy, YES PLEASE.

I love Forza games for the car handling and the driving experience but I love GTA Online for the ability to customize cars and make them special, even with GTA’s huge limits of painting and livery selections. Also that game is, what, nine years old?

It also city driving. And Sightseer. But I digress.

The first thing I do with any “new” vehicle in a Forza game, whether brand new or recycled, is see what kind of visual mods can be done. Frequently I see cars LOSING bumper/skirt/hood/spoiler options from one Horizon game to the next. Most only offer one awful “Forza” branded front splitter and rear wing and nothing more, which guarantees my interest in that vehicle immediately hits rock bottom.

I don’t even care for super outlandish upgrades like removing bumpers or adding parkbench sized rear spoilers. Mods are love, mods are life, mods in Forza are seriously lacking.

5 Likes

Check out the customization in the new Need for Speed Unbound:

2 Likes

I’m the same if no visual mods I don’t bother with that car as you can’t make it your own and nfs unbound looks like it has forza wupped for that.

I’d prefer fewer quality cars with nfs level customisation than quantity without, hell some of them don’t even have wheel diameter upgrade so your stuck with stock size E92 M3 GTS, BMW Z4 (but has visual upgrades so il let it slide as wheel size is adequate, well only just) just to name a couple and the “new” cars are getting less and less upgradable (visually)

4 Likes

I came across this video which shows a comparison between the upcoming The Crew Motorfest and Need for Speed Unbound. From about 10:04 they show the car customization in those games. It’s quite baffling how far these games have come in this area. As much as I like Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon), it goes to show just how much it lacks in this area! This is pretty crazy imo! Yes, I know Forza is more about sim/simcade and has a stronger focus on racing, but the new The Crew Motorfest looks suspiciously a lot like Horizon imo, so I fear PG/Turn 10 will have their hands full keeping players from switching to Motorfest when it comes out next September.

The video:

Car customization starts at 10:04

5 Likes

Forza cannot be bothered to make more in-house kits, let alone fix the X360 models. I’d say we shouldn’t expect much from a series that has the most inaccurate car models out of any game released on XOne and newer consoles
But then they won’t listen. We should ask for more, we should demand more.

4 Likes

I agree with the bodykit part. GR Supra has to have the Streethunter bodykit so that we’re not stuck with that kit that has a bit too much aero.

I will forever be puzzled why other Studios can do it, and not PG

not enough creative individuals working there? maybe

3 Likes

I don’t think the devs are the problem but the execs. Licensing/partnerships cost money.

3 Likes