Forza Horizon 5 Horizon Life connection failure - PC Windows 10

Tl;dr Cant connect to online. Tried all possible fixes I could find and I’m at my wit’s end.

Edit; I should also note that I checked Xbox Networking in my settings and it says “Teredo unable to qualify”

I’ve been having trouble connecting to Horizon Life for the past week and a half or so. I thought it was because of the week long ban I had but that has since expired and I still can’t do anything online. No event lab, no creative hub, no Eliminator, no convoys, no anything except for what you can do in Horizon Solo. I’ve checked that servers status whenever I try to play online but that doesn’t matter most of the time since I can see my friends playing online but can’t join them. I’ve also tried every possible fix from restarting my PC to temporarily disabling all of my firewalls. I had Bitdefender anti-virus but I uninstalled that and currently relying solely on Windows Defender. I can’t add forzahorizon5.exe to my allowed programs on my firewall because it’s telling me (obviously the admin and owner of my PC) that I don’t have permission to make those changes. Any help at all would be amazing as I’ve been waiting for this game since before it was even announced. Thank you!

Try to open a command prompt as admin or powershell and type the following command, post the results here except for the bottom 2 lines “Local Mapping” and “External NAT Mapping” :

netsh int teredo show state

other possible options to try in the link below :
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chat

1 Like

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type : disabled
Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds
Client Port : unspecified
State : offline
Error : none

Teredo keeps showing different results when I check my Xbox Networking

Teredo is NOT the issue. I’m having the same issue since launch, still haven’t been able to play with friends at all and my teredo is working perfectly

Try with:

netsh interface teredo set state type=enterpriseclient

in cmd prompt (admin)
reboot
in xbox networking click check+repair

His output shows Teredo state disabled+offline

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh interface teredo set state type=enterpriseclient
Ok.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type : enterpriseclient
Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds
Client Port : unspecified
State : qualified
Client Type : teredo host-specific relay
Network : managed
NAT : cone
NAT Special Behaviour : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes

Unfortunatley that didn’t work for me, Definitely a change to my teredo but when I restarted my computer it just went back into the original parameters.

Ah, ok.

WindowsIcon > type gpedit.msc
In the new Window left side Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > All Settings
On right side search “Teredo State” or “Set Teredo State” not sure click on it
In new window set to active and bottom left choose “Enterprise Client” close window
Search for “Teredo Default Qualified” click it and activate and bottom left choose “Activate”
Close gpedit and restart. It should be enabled now

Test via xbox network

Edit; I figured out how to get gpedit, giving it a shot now.

Edit #2; I got as far as Administrative Templates but now I only see 4 options ( Windows Components, System, Network, and Printers) but no folder labeled “All Settings”

Sorry, I’m not very computer smart. I typed in gpedit.msc and its just bringing me to my web browser. Is it just some program I need to install?

its not teredo, i have it enabled and still get a messaging stating servers unavailable, fall back season or some shit

Different thing. Horizon Life is Multiplayer > Teredo and the “servers unavailable fallback” bla is other server with playlist, auctionhouse, …, …

Windows Home Edition?
you can go to GitHub - Fleex255/PolicyPlus: Local Group Policy Editor plus more, for all Windows editions
Scroll down and use the “Download the latest build” link
In the Application click Help->Acquire ADMX Files wait until the download from microsoft server is completed
Menu->Find->By Text->Teredo it should show the stuff then

Edit:

Its under Network>TCP/IP>IPv6 there

1 Like

I’m assuming enabling teredo on Policy Plus is the same thing as activating through GPedit?

I gotta be honest. with the amount of effort I’ve put into this I’m beginning to think its a lost cause. Ill give it all another shot tomorrow as its 1am for me but if i can’t get it to work then, ill just have to wait for an update that might fix this.

Yes. On Windows Home Edt its not showing everything but via Policy Plus you can download the missing AdminTemplates.

If it stays (teredo) after reboot use the xbox networking settings>repair>check until it shows connected. (doesnt matter if it shows nat: strict/moderate)
Then start horizon and make sure firewall doesnt block connection and use Menu->Online->Horizon Life ingame

Hey everyone who has struggled with getting online and still do,
I have been having the same problems, but I’ve found a workaround, it’s not great, but it works until the server are up to speed,
try using a VPN, the problems are most likely GEO-something or other from Forza servers,
I connect through NordVPN and then my online mode works fine :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

I remember in FH4 there were similar GEO problems, like some south-american countries i believe.
In return i heard players solved some issues by actually removing some VPN software or VPN Network Adapters.

I have seen those threads to, but I can only say what has worked for me, I’ve been on the phone with my ISP and been working a lot in the command prompt and everything, but so far the only viable solution for me has been to connect to a VPN before I start the game, I see lots of people online, it’s not a great solution, but since my ISP buys IP adresses from abroad, then it makes me think that the IP adresses that they have bought might not have been opened on the forza servers, so until it’s fixed, it will be VPN for me…

1 Like

What are GEO problems? I live in South America and I haven’t been able to play online since launch unless I use my mobile hotspot.

At this point I’ve tried what I could. Editing teredo through Policy Plus/gpedit hasn’t worked for me as I can’t get it to keep the changes I’ve made and the VPN suggestion didn’t work either. Using Surfshark I set it to the fastest server and to a Canadian server with no positive results. Hopefully the ticket I opened with Forza Support yields some results cause I’m a little salty that I payed money for this game and can’t use half the features. I’ve played every Forza title since Motorsport 3 and have never had issues as bad as this.

Thank you guys so much for your help. Ill try any other suggestions anyone can throw at me but I seriously doubt they’ll work. This games a “finished product” BTW

I use NordVPN, didn’t really go for any fast servers, I just picked the closest one… In my case that would be the one in Norway, do you get online through your mobile hotspot? Who knows where the SurfShark servers “are” and I’ve played every forza title since forza motorsport 2, never had such issues with online and it really sucks… I’ve been doing a lot of cursing, so I am sure I won’t end up anywhere good in the end :stuck_out_tongue: