Forza Horizon 4 fps drops and crashing randomly to desktop

Like seriously? Are we back to Forza Horizon 3’s crashes again? No overclock, latest drivers. I seriously do not understand how can you ruin an almost perfect game on PC, I mean, when it first came out I was blown away of how great the game looked and ran. Now, it’s a complete mess. It lags all over the place since you decided to increase the draw distance and put it together with texture quality and now it started to crash to the desktop randomly without any error whatsoever. I swear, if you don’t fix this, this will be my last Forza Horizon, for real. I am not in the mood for a “Forza Horizon 3 Crash Remaster” right now.

Note: I went to Event Viewer to check if there was an error or some sort and there was:

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

• GTX 1060 6GB (416.94 Drivers)
  • i5 4690
    -16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1 Like

I’m also getting the exact same crashes. When I drive into Edinburgh the game will drop frames and stutter and eventually crash with a grey screen. How did they manage to make the game less stable over time? I’ve also reinstalled windows, all new drivers and nothing. No overclocks or anything.

Specs:
-Ryzen 5 1600
-GTX 1070 (Drivers 416.81)
-16GB DDR4 2933Mhz

im also getting micro stutter/freezes and random crashes now since this update

Specs
gpu 1080
ram 16gb
cpu i7 4790k

micro stutter/freezes happends alot crashes happends sometimes but not as often

You might want to try rolling back to the 416.34 driver, the newer one took my 1080 from 90+ fps to 60 fps with loads of stuttering. Release date on 416.34 was 10/11

For the record:
Ryzen 1600x
GTX 1080 (416.34 drivers)

I also haven’t had a CTD in a few days now, though there are a few places on the map where the framerate will absolutely tank… the Authur’s Seat danger sign is bad, really bad, and has been for at least the last couple patches. I usually see a bit of a framerate hit rolling into the festival though not enough that I’d even mention it normally. Since the last patch, corner 2 in the Princes Street Garden Circuit seems to cause a bit of a hiccup (very sudden sharp fps drop for about 2 seconds) though it hadn’t previously. Not unplayably bad, though it did catch me off guard the first time it happened and I ate some wall :smiley:

I’ll try to do that, thanks. I’m formatting my PC now because I wasn’t being able to play online because of the famous Teredo Adapter. It was missing from my PC for some reason and after trying many different fixes it kept refusing to appear on my device manager. It keeps getting better and better…

In relation to the performance, I was getting stable 60fps without a single drop with every setting maxed out to its higher state (Ultra/Extreme) when the game launched. Since they changed the draw distance and made it into one single setting along with Geometry Quality it became and unstable mess. I assume that’s because my CPU and GPU’s VRAM aren’t fast enough for the amount of draw calls, therefore it drops like crazy making it look like FH3 sometimes. I mean, even FH3 was more stable after its latest update than this, lol.

Ok, I understand the draw distance was not that good at the beginning but they could have made it into a separate setting (like a slider, where people could edit it according to their needs, without having to sacrifice the texture quality). GTA V has it. This is just my opinion tho…

have the same issue:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5be9b998
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5be9b998
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000027d67bc
Faulting process ID: 0x2aac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d483f1e71fef71
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.216.279.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.216.279.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report ID: 0a1d50fb-9910-4f21-9318-cc6416fbe2e0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.216.279.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal