Forza Horizon 2: Southern Europe Accuracy

This is a question 4 people who’ve visited S. Europe/live there, & have had their hands on the demo (later full game): How accurate would u say FH2’s depiction of S. Europe is? How’s the the coastline, mountains/vistas, buildings, lighting, foliage, & anything else u can think of? Also, any1 w/ info & hands-on time w/the 360 version, how does that fare? Any input is much appreciated

I’m really hoping this game can b like a virtual preview 4 a real-world trip later =D

1 Like

Someone living there posted pictures of the coastal drive which was similar to the one featured in the e3 demo, and I have to say the they were spot-on.

Although that’s according to my judgement from the pictures and the gameplay videos, I haven’t played the full game or visited the place.

Topic in question: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst21714_Forza-Horizon-2---Run-under-my-home.aspx

Yeah, haven’t had the chance to visit yet either :frowning: btw, would u happen to remember which topic he posted those pics in?

In FM3, driving Amalfi/Positano, right in FH2’s nabe, it was pretty, but… sumthin was off. Sumthin bout environmental lighting, building placement, mntn. texture. Then we have FH2: Forza Horizon 2 : les 13 premières minutes de gameplay | Xbox One - Xboxygen Thx to Racer4Ever 4 the link!
The race from 4:40 - 6:40, now That looks convincing! The cliffs, their color, the way houses climb so high up the slopes! I’m hoping 4 more just like this.

So now the demo’s out, howzit look to folks who know S. Europe? How close is it to the real thing, especially in terms of feel/vibe?

Aside traffic, the main difference i saw is about the mountain roads, that are narrower in real life. Not all, but some roads there can be frightening, even with an everyday car. Those roads couldn’t have offered good gameplay in this kind of game.

1 Like

I’ve visited the Mediterranean region several times (southeastern France [including Nice], Monaco, northern Italy), and everything looks quite accurate in my mind (except that the roads are quite narrow in real life, but that’s a non-issue to me in the game). I can’t wait to play this game in its entirety - with classical music blasting on the in-game car radio!

There’s something really weird on the France map (very dark on the demo): north-west from Nice, at Sisteron, there’s “Abayye des vaux de cernay”. It stroke me there’s a problem here because i saw it last saturday while traveling near Paris : the Abbey as nothing to do in the south of France, it is located like 700 Km from Sisteron (which is 180 Km from Nice, but at least it’s in the south)

Rally di Positano is back! Sort of… There is a corner in southern Castelletto that has a corner I remember from that track. It’s a left hander (slow sweeper) with a small old tower on the left side looking over the Sea. And it is in the game!

@JohnGalt, Dude! Thx so much 4 the link! &@Nimble, ur absolutely right, those pics look very like the coastal parts of FH2, thing r looking promising! Hm, narrow roads… I hope @ least sum were retained faithfully in sum mountainous parts, just to retain a bit of authenticity, but not enuff to make racing frustrating. & in effect, FH2 is like 1 big Amalfi coast, bliss… XD

I just hope the 360 version isn’t too watered down, @ least environmentally :frowning:

So how’s the ambiance in the demo compared to real life? The roads r wider, what about sun/lighting, the colors in the world? Foliage/fields, buildings/towns, the hills in the distance, the coastline, everything. Basically, does it really seem like ur driving around ur hometown (or like ur back on vacation/holiday), or is it still obvious this is a simplified videogame interpretation? Oh, & night driving, how convincing was that?

Also, I think I heard there r spectators 4 races, but r there npc’s during freeroam?

So does anyone know which coast exactly Forza Horizon 2 is based on? It says Castelletto in the game… but which coast is it really?

The nice bendy road coast with the rocks… also featured in the demo!!!

I read that the coast is actually… Amalfi coast. Checked it out on Google maps. Looks so nice…

Heres a comparrison on google maps verses Forza Horizon 2.

Amalfi Coast, Italy