Forza Horizon 1 Remaster?

Recently started playing my Forza Horizon save, and thought, “Why haven’t they remastered this game?” Forza Horizon is an awesome game, with an awesome soundtrack, “story”, and expansions (specifically Horizon Rally). If Playground Games were to bring it back, it could also have new cars, features (not too many), and 2 additional expansions. Plus, we could see the mountainous Colorado again and our favorite Horizon superstars. And with remastered graphics and cutscenes, along with PC availability, we can see the revival of one of the greatest Horizon games. And even if it doesn’t get remastered, can FH6 be in Colorado please?

1 Like

I would be down for a Colorado revisit in FH6.

I too would like a remaster of Horizon, but maybe as just a stand alone game or as a third DLC pack for FH5. Can’t see either happening now, though there supposedly is a graphics upgrade of sorts if played yyon XBOneX.

For Horizon 6, I’d like something fresh and new, not just a copy/paste in a new location. From my reading over the past few years, Japan is a popular wishlist destination, which is totally understandable given its car culture, and the status it holds worldwide. It wouldn’t surprise me if Playground were holding it back for the jump to next generation consoles.

Japan is my top choice for a non-USA location

1 Like

While Japan is probably going to be the next location, Forza Horizon 5 is (geographically) pretty close to Colorado. So, they can write up some story to let players go back there in the 2nd DLC (but that would only be if they couldn’t get anyone to sponsor a toy themed DLC).

1 Like

Given the quality of online players falling offtrack at the first bend (including me, I’m rubbish too), I’d suggest Scalextric for DLC2.

But really I’m no fan of the Hot Wheels or Lego DLCs, I’d prefer another island.

I’ve seen lots of speculation that DLC1 will be a city, to test out features for Horizon 6. Not sure how that might differ from Edinburgh in FH4, other than size?

Looking forward to it though, whatever it might be. Might as well, there’ll be plenty of time to be disappointed after, lol!

If the game does in fact take place in Japan, we will almost definently will see a giant city for the first expansion as they will likely have Tokyo. For DLC 2 though? It used to always be something like 1000 club or the porsches, then we had hot wheels and lego. I think that we would probably have another car themed expansion, maybe Traxxas? Perhaps Barbie?

Horizon in Tokyo would be a definite no for me.

2 Likes

to reissue a game again they would have to redo all the licenses which would be a lot of work

1 Like

Lets see how Test Drive Solar Crown plays out in Japan first!

I would like to see somthing like the 1000 club again
It would be nice to get somthing to do with all cars in the games

3 Likes

@Halmi89
I totally agree. That was the best feature of Horizon 1 for me, and is one of the big reasons I still play that game on an alt account.

For me, I just want to see a return of Horizon Rally.