Forza British Touring Car Championship (FBTCC) Series - Race 1 @ 3-10-2015

I’m up for this. Sounds like what I’ve been waiting for for a while- a proper competition that is fair and rewarding. Trouble is, is this like a championship or is it just individual for each race? Like, what if I competed in 1 race and not the next, that surely would cause problems if it were a championship? or am I on the wrong page here?
Regardless, I want signed up! Love this idea, anyone fancy a team mate? I’m pretty quick :wink:

Quite. This has been something I’ve though about. The only thing I can really suggest is to use the team to have more than 1 driver. That way, if one can’t make it, the other takes over.

This will be discussed (probably) at some length to work out how this will be done :slight_smile:

Sign me up as well cause this sounds great! Also, Dribbly Midget I’d be your teammate if you’re interested.

I’ll add you to the lost when I have my laptop about me.

As for the team thing, we won’t be putting together teams until we get a confirmed list of people. At which time, I’m hoping everyone will have made team choices. If not, there will be a team building period, where people can get to know eachother and their chosen team mate(s). Probably with added races and stuff :slight_smile:

TheScotsGamer, Im up for it :slight_smile:

Woo! Getting a whole lot of interest here lads! I cannot wait to get a bunch of you back from the old Clio Cup and make this an awesome race.

1 Like

It’s really very popular. I’m pleased :smiley:

Looks like I’m going to have to kick myself into actually doing this, lol!

1 Like

bump

I’d be interested, its lower case L’s in my GT.

For people missing races could you not employ a dropped score system? say you do 12 races but 2 scores get dropped or something of the like.

This is still something to discuss how we’ll manage this. We still have time to work it out I think!

I= down sign me up.

P.S. what time will it be at and what time zone as i’m in the UK

This is still undecided at present. For sure, it’ll be set using British timezones (BST and GMT respectively), but fir the sake of those in the US, Australia, etc, it’ll be early evening to try and get as many people involved as possible!

A message has gone out to the current confirmed participants.

For those who are reading this and are interested in the series, please do continue to sign up -the more the merrier! I’ll forward the message to you when I confirm your signing. :slight_smile:

The message reads:

Hello!

This will probably cover 2-3 different messages, so please bear with me, lol. Anyway, I’m James, one of the organisers of the Forza Racing Series grouped with Ford Racing TJ and xBGHY. Firstly, we’d like to thank you for your interest in the series for Forza Motorsport 6! As a way to break the ice, as they say, we’d like to invite you all to a “run what you brung” style track day for an hour or so during an evening to get to know eachother and generally have a laugh. We thought at sometime during late September will give you some time to buy a few cars, tune them, etc. The time is as yet undecided as we are working out a time that suits all timezones. If you are unable to attend, no worries.

Many thanks!

For the sake of easiness, TJ, xBGHY, and myself will use Google Docs when setting up the series:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i8YpN7RiyUU8snexJFp6StWu3J3A9itILREHNtATE6k/

We still have positions open for drivers - it isn’t too late to join!

A Message has gone out to all current racers. It reads:

Hi all,

Finally, we have decided on a date and time for our introductory “breaking the ice” track day event. Our only issue was trying to involve all players, thus we have had to make the start time slightly later for our GB players. At present, we have set the track day for Sunday 27th at 7:00pm/19:00, lasting about 90 minutes. The track we intend on using will be decided at random once there (though Nordschleife won’t be an option, sorry). There’s no limit on car class or type - be mental and go all out mad, or go for something slower - it’s up to you (though I will be going for the Terradyne Gurkha, that’s certain. lol) There are a few basic rules, of course. Please, avoid using race cars (Track made cars and BTCC cars are exempt from this). If you’re unsure, ask one of us. No contact (obviously). Please, no competitive racing - we’ll all be different classes, so there’s no point. It’s for fun! This track day will confirm your placement in the series, but if you can’t make it, please don’t panic, just let one of us know and we’ll pen you in as a definite racer.

Many thanks, Me, TJ & Jake

harms2012 sign me up!

Absolutely!

Are you free for the introductory event outlined above?

Sign me up please! Should be able to make it to the event on the 27th (depends on what time my softball game is)

1 Like

Lovely stuff! I’ll pen you in shortly :smiley: