Forza 6 locks up - XBOX 1 locks up

I would paint a car then try to save file. When file save screen comes up Forza 6 locks up. Cannot go backwards either. Pliant locked up. Cannot even use controller to go back to TV. Have to physically turn XBOX 1 off to go back to TV. Anyone experiencing this issue? Thanks

when was the last time you properly hard reset your console

1 Like

Try doing a system reset (hard boot) as below, after starting the Xbox One, signing into Xbox Live and before launching any game:
1 – from the Dashboard, out of all games, hold the X button on the front of the console down until it shuts the system down.
2 – Disconnect the external power from the wall plug or at least disconnect the wall-side connector on the power pack itself.
3 – WAIT until all power drains from the external power pack (no light, either white or dull orange showing on the pack).
4 – Reconnect the power supply to the electrical outlet.
5 – Restart the console in the usual manner, i.e., either with the controller or a short push on the X button on the front of the X1.
6 – WAIT until the console self-checks and fully boots to the Dashboard before attempting anything.
If you don’t disconnect the external power pack and let the power completely drain out, the system is still retaining “old” stuff and not resetting.
If there are any updates being downloaded, do nothing until they’re 100% completed.

3 Likes

I want to thank those that replied…it worked. Appreciate the quick response.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Yeap, Snowowl’s dey man!

Also, I recently discovered (sheer ignorance coupled with a bit of paranoia) that it is best not to connect your console to a voltage regulator/surge protector or power strip and have the brick going straight to the wall outlet. I believe it allows the console to perform optimally as the manufacturer intended; there is also a surge protector built inside the brick so (again, ignorance on my part)…

Hope I haven’t worn out any of the transistors or capacitors as a result.

Anyway, on-topic, always do a full shutdown of your console after each session (power light on brick goes out completely). And if you find this cumbersome, then at least do a proper shutdown (keep console on Energy Saving), quit everything, clear Persistent Storage thrice after ejecting the disc and proceed to shut down the console (menu, power button or controller… doesn’t matter).

Also from time to time, you might need to clear Alternate MAC Address.

Cheers lads!

Yes hard reset worked for me. I hope this is an issue Microsoft Xbox team is working on