Forza 5 is it worth it ?

At first I wasn’t thrilled with Forza and wasn’t very happy with it. I may have been fairly vocal about that as well, but now, I can also admit I was a little upset and wrong. Sure, it took some time to get used to driving in the new game, and (in my opinion) you really need even just a base tune to make the cars driveable and for me that caused a problem. I felt that I shouldn’t have to tune a car to be able to play the game. In the end, I played through my other games which don’t have much longevity to them and have now returned to Forza and enjoy every moment.

Part of what helped me get over it though was that I got my console and Forza for only $35 and then when the car pass went on sale for $33.99 I bought it, so I got all of it for the price of a new game.

You don’t need base tunes to make cars drivable. Ive found many that drive really good or good enough. Just wanted to point that out even though I know its your opinion. The competition online in multiplayer is laughable in this game. Its easy to win or at least get podiums in stock cars and do the same in auto upgraded cars. Driving perfect crisp lines aren’t even necessary. The only real competition is when you occasionally run across someone with driving ability or rivals. In this game its like you need a pretty decent tune only for those infrequent occasions in lobbies.

Yeah unfortunatly FM5 is very poor compared too previous titles…Who knows if this is a one off mistake/rushed attempt or the future direction T10 wishes to go…
Me personally im willing to give them a chance until FM6…
But i would still have an Xbox one anyday over other franchises…
But if its just for FM5 stay with FM4 or it could put you off for life lol…

1 Like

Honest opinion, Forza 5 is really just Forza 4.25. Yes, Forza 4.25, due to a couple of tracks added and the fun tracks from Forza 4 not making it in. Maple Valley is the one glaring omission that bothers me greatly.

If you are a solid offline player and none of that bothers you and you are looking for a prettier game and the ability to stream the game and/or make game clips then go for it if have extra cash to spend on it.

If you are a solid online player and the frustration of people ramming you off the track bothers you, then do NOT, repeat, DO NOT buy this game. That is still prevalent in this game and really destroys the fun. Honestly can say that 99% of the races I am in, if in the lead – heck just in general really – a car coming behind me just plows from behind instead of going around me when I am in the open. That is just plain, dirty, rude, disgusting, and straight up rude.

Sadly Turn 10 and Xbox Live has not done enough to weed out the bad players. Something really needs to be done across all games for this. I strongly suggest you get one warning for playing like a dirtbag. After that you get banned. I see no issue with that since you can play other games on Xbox Live so you are not being hindered, just punished for being a dirtbag. If anything Microsoft makes more money due to the dirtbag getting another Live account to play if they are that intent on being a jerk.

I’m not going to reiterate what the above posters have already said, but for me personally I think this game is definitely worth it if you love cars, customizing, and more realistic physics, hands down this is the best racer on the market at the moment and I’ve put more than my share of hours into it and still play it on a regular basis. Sure there are some things that need to be ironed out, multiplayer is definitely high on the list as I agree with most peoples opinion of it, but the tracks that are in the game have been awesome to race around and the graphics are definitely amazing, if you can pick up the game cheap and the dlc I cay go for it or just wait until the bring out the game of the year edition (not sure of the release date) or wait a month and a bit for horizon 2, which I’m sure will be a quality game too.
As for the Xbox One debate, I love mine and have had no problems whatsoever, so I would recommend it to you and I like both systems for what they have to offer, the One so far this gen has had more games that in my opinion have been better, and I will get both systems once the ps4 has the games that I want, but having played both systems myself they are relatively on par with each other in terms of graphics, its just comes down to what games and exclusives you like, hope this helps in any way.

If you asked this question over the years I would say…

Forza 1 - Definitely! Quit your job so you can play more!
Forza 2 - Definitely!
Forza 3 - As enjoyable as the others but it has nicer graphics!
Forza 4 - I wouldn’t buy a console just for Forza (like I have in the past) but I’d pick it up if already had the console.
Forza 5 - If the Forza 5 Xbox One bundle was all you could find then sure, get it. I wouldn’t buy the console just to play it and if you didn’t get it with the bundle wait until it’s under $20.

Forza 5, xbox one, and a Nissan Altima are not worth the money. I own all three.

1 Like

At the end of the day, probably not.

I’m not angry, I had fun playing it with my brand new xbox1, getting to explore all the console features thru a game franchise that I’m familiar with, feeling the game on new controllers, the improved handling, those things were good for the short term.

Long term, the disappointments weigh too heavily, I pretty much stopped playing out of principle. I did not want to support some of the decisions. Actually recently ran the Ring once, it was glorious. I still had no desire to resume daily play.

Here’s holding out for FM6. I have an XBOX only for Forza. I don’t play a ton of games. I will be watching intently on how they roll this out. There are games (DayZ) I like for PS4 that I could buy the console for, and I will not hesitate to go that GT direction… although the actual XB1 has been overall fantastic as an entertainment hub, the deeper I get into it. The question will be whether I will keep or sell it.

I’ll just say it again for the record. Tuning in lobbies, and a lobby ala FM2… that would mean a lot to me alone.

1 Like

Well, I guess it sorta depends if you like the game or not…

The game is worth the ticket price, but not the cost of an XB1.

Here is my 2 cents: I am a huge/massive/mega car fanatic. What I love the most about cars is modifying them and then driving and racing them to test the difference. Of course this in real life is very expensive especially if you want to do it to more than one car! So this is what I enjoy the most about these realistic racing games/simulators. On the gaming side of things it all started for me with the first Need For Speed game and NFS 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. Back then that was all I could play as far as car games, but they were (as you know) very arcade to play and didn’t have many mods. Then the very first Gran Turismo game came out and I was officially hooked! Then I played GT2 and GT3 and loved every moment of it. But then I heard of the new Xbox (the original one) and a car game called Sega GT and Sega GT Online. What attracted me to these was the fact that it was similar to Gran Turismo but had a few different cars that weren’t available on Gran Turismo. So I saved up and bought an Xbox and the two games. A bit later I bought Gran Turismo 4 and then the first Forza game. I still thought Gran Turismo was much better and more complete, but Forza and Sega GT did have features that Gran Turismo could’ve had.

I briefly also played Sega GT for the PC (which I still have and love specially due to the fact you could build your own car in it from a few predetermined options!).

So I kept upgrading consoles and buying Forza 2, 3 and 4 and also Gran Turismo 5 Prelogue and 5. Up until this point, I felt both Forza 4 and GT5 feel very complete and fun, but I wasn’t looking forward to upgrading to the next gen consoles again, too much money and I’ve been getting quite addicted to modifying and racing cars in real life! So that meant that I could only commit to buy one of the two new consoles: Xbox One or a PS4. Then to my joy Sony goes and releases the GT6 on the old PS3! I was so happy as this meant I didn’t have to also sell my existing Fanatec wheel either. So I even sold my Xbox 360 as I felt I would be happy with the great and new GT6. But after playing for only two weeks, I kept finding myself playing GT6 less and less and missing Forza 4 more and more! And I played Forza 4 without a wheel. So I started asking myself, what is it about Forza 3 and 4 that keeps me coming back and playing even though I don’t even have a wheel? So I had a choice to make: either buy an Xbox 360 and Forza 4 again or sell a few rare car parts I had laying around and buy an Xbox One and Forza 5. I didn’t want to get Forza 4 again because I had already played it all, but didn’t want to spend all that cash on an Xbox One just for one Forza 5 game, no wheel and Forza 5 has less cars and tracks. So after putting this decision off and thinking about it for a couple more months, I decided to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox One and Forza 5.

I bought my Xbox One and Forza 5 in February 2014 and since then have played Forza 5 every day and have turned on GT6 about 10 times since then with hopes of rekindling my old love for it but compared to Forza 4 and 5, GT6 just feels artificial, somehow it lacks soul. It’s not as much fun, despite having so many more cars than Forza!

So to resume, it pains me to say but I really don’t think I’ll be buying a PS4 or GT7 for a long time, especially I also use my PS3 as our home media player and entertainment centre, including it’s TV tuner feature and ability to play (via stream) all the media stored on my home computer. And now looks like the Xbox One will have it’s own TV Tuner and ability to play and stream home network media, so it will be bye bye Sony for us, which means bye bye Gran Turismo. And the fact that every year we have either a new Forza Motorsport game or Forza Horizon game, and the new Forza 6 looks like will have more tracks, cars and even weather, well, that seals the deal for me. Now I have to sell my Fanatec wheel, buy a Thrustmaster TX wheel and keep racing on Forza!