FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIP TUNES AND OTHER REPLICAS

What is this?

The FIA GT Championship was a sports car racing series consisting of different classes. It produced some of the most iconic race cars, a few of which I have recreated using accurate tuning data. I would like to share them here, along with cars from similar racing series. This includes anything related to GT and touring car racing.

As I create new builds, I will update this post.

Tuning philosophy

I primarily built these cars for myself and my friends to have fun. They are not built with the Horizon 5 meta, online racing or game engine quirks in mind. As you download them, just enjoy them for what they are: a great tool for roleplaying. These builds may not be competitive online, but they are competitive with each other. So grab some friends, set up a custom event that pays homage to real GT racing and just have fun!

All my GT racing builds follow the same guidelines:

1. Accurate tuning data takes precedence over performance
If the data is available, it will be implemented in the fine tuning with 100% accuracy. The goal is to create replicas of the original race cars that drive like they would in a racing simulator, except in Horizon 5. So gearing, alignment settings, suspension settings and all other parameters that can be tuned have the exact same values as the real car. As a result, these builds do not always suit the tracks in Horizon 5 because they prioritize being realistic copies. Since race cars have adjustable settings for most parameters, I have chosen the default or most commonly used settings.

2. Usability takes precedence over real life specifications
I will always try to match the real-life performance (horsepower, weight etc.) as closely as possible. But at the end of the day, this is a game and I wanted these builds to be somewhat useful online or with friends, even if they are not designed to be competitive. This means that most of these builds will have more horsepower than in real life to match Horizon 5 class restrictions. That being said, handling, driving feel, top speed and similar metrics will be very close to the real thing thanks to the accurate tuning data I use.

3. Real life parts take precedence over in-game class restrictions
Although I always try to max out the respective class of a build to achieve the aforementioned usability, I will never use tuning parts that don’t accurately reflect the real-life counterpart of a car. This means no engine swaps and no added turbos on NA cars, even if that means being stuck with a non-competitive class rating. I also try to use the most accurate wheels, body parts and liveries.

Class matrix

As explained in the previous section, I wanted to make these builds somewhat useful, so each GT racing class attempts to max out a specific class in the game. This isn’t always possible due to rule 3 in my tuning philosophy, but most builds get very close. Cars marked with a star denote a tune that is competitive in online racing.

GT1 = S2 998
GT1 (2010) = S1 900
GT2 = S1 900
LM GTE = S1 900
GT3 = S1 900
GT4 = A 800
DTM = A 800

Downloads

Recommended skin(s)
134 045 580
180 402 343

Recommended skin(s)
165 816 296

Recommended skin(s)
958 984 261

Recommended skin(s)
559 824 655
133 830 460

Recommended skin(s)
131 442 437

Recommended skin(s)
151 490 065

Recommended skin(s)
136 529 562

Recommended skin(s)
213 831 786

Recommended skin(s)
149 038 302

Recommended skin(s)
120 688 047
867 706 558

Recommended skin(s)
812 603 416
368 175 679

Recommended skin(s)
916 776 952

Recommended skin(s)
415 385 093

Recommended skin(s)
181 233 234

2 Likes

Reserved

I was wondering when the tuners would start showing up. I’ll be downloading these today! Thanks.

I like those thanks, will download later👍

Updated the list. I might consider adding some more personal tunes that may be more competitive for those interested, but for now I want to focus on race car replicas. That being said, there aren’t many cars left to add due to the limited amount of tuning parts.

1 Like