FH5 vs FH3 Remastered

I played fh3 and 4 literally a couple of days before playing 5. The environment in 3 is probably the best looking but the graphics themselves are definitely better in 4 & 5. Maybe playing on a “small” monitor it would harder to tell but on a decent size 4k tv it’s very noticeable.

The difference between 4 & 5 is much smaller. They were going on and on before the release about how much better it was but the differences in regular gameplay without pixel peeping are insignificant.

I think I did myself a disservice in playing fh3 for the first time just before 5. I did it for the loyalty reward which ironically I still haven’t gotten and because I was curious about it. The environment is so similar to 5 that I think it kept me from being wowed by 5.

I did one of the seasonal events today and the one where you’re on the beach (can’t remember which one) is extremely similar to the opening scene of FH3. Wouldn’t surprise me if they reused some models or something. I bet if FH3 had never existed but it came out now, people would be saying it looks better than FH4. Not because it does objectively, but the power of suggestion through seductive marketing is a very real thing.

FH3 did have one of the best commercials ever. Just sayin.

Never saw it, if you’re implying I am a victim of the marketing myself.

I was not. It was an offhand comment. Seriously, it’s really good. It’s the E3 reveal trailer. Leagues better than the one for 5.

I have FH3, so I’d prefer them to remake 1, and 2.

Oh, I’d LOVE a FH3 with current quality of life improvements. Especially it’s amazing expansion maps

So you want horizon 5 but in australia? Thats the only tangible difference that would make sense, everything else has been improved upon

I tried to replay FH3 with an alternate account starting a new game again, couldn’t even get myself to go though. There’s a lot of QOL improvement that FH4 and FH5 brings that’s lacking from FH3.

Even simple stuff like switching car anywhere. It is just tedious to go back to festival site, switch car then go back to race starting point again.

The roads layout in FH3 doesn’t look organic at all. It’s like a bunch of road for one area then connected with one long road to another bunch of roads in another area.

And of course the one that kinda ruined it for me is the undestructible tree and road railing.

I tried Forza Horizon 5 and didn’t like it. I only play Horizon 5 with a friend twice a week and only because my friend likes the game, so yea I’d take a remastered Forza Horizon 3 over practically every Horizon game that came after it. Otherwise, I don’t even play Forza Horizon 5.

Even to this day, if PGG were to announce a remastered of Forza Horizon 3, I’d buy it at full price. That’s just how much that I prefer Horizon 3 over the other Horizons.