FH4 Release Notes: January 15th, 2019 (Series 5) version 1.236.488

What are you talking about? Dirt/Rally tires become snow tires in the winter and revert to normal during the other seasons. You cannot have snow tires in the summer and vice versa. There is also an option to show only cars with snow tires installed in the filter menu of the garage.

4 Likes

Still no fix for ranked que? When you que with friend to ranked it doesnt allways put both in the same match.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

2 Likes

So I’m really disappointed that garage space isn’t increased. In game car sounds are not load enough. But nice that this horrible point counter noise is louger than everything. That sound is so horrible I don’t neeed such overdubed SFX every second.
About engine sound is been enough said. What I can’t understand, why PG put s much work in graphics and the sound is far behind the real carsounds. Okay they must been made comprises by 600 cars. But the mixing itself is not really good. So that the sounds have no own character. Every single cars should have it’s own character.

Okay again drift away from the update, sorry. But in the show in dec one wrote that garage space increasing comes in january.

Literally not a single fix I care about - or majority of people care about. Whoever is deciding the priority of fixes has not a clue what they are doing and should be fired and never work for a game developer ever again.

Honestly, how long must we wait for better exhaust sounds, working online, car fixes that actually matter like raising and lowering convertible tops and correct features (cough ZR1 cough).

Beyond frustrating. I’m glad I haven’t touched this game in weeks and I honestly have no urge to play it anytime soon.

2 Likes

What about the wallriding fix. That supposed to be part of this.

2 Likes

The blueprint search additions sound good.

I don’t care about multiplayer, but all the hub-bub about not making any more multiplayer complaints/suggestions until the next update because it was supposed to be a game changer seems out of line now. Or maybe there’s a bigger update due before the end of January.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that all suggestions and feedback can be submitted here.

And just as easily ignored from there as they are here.
It’s not like you can’t see the pages of feedback you get on the forums.
I do have a question though. I have submitted many suggestions to the forums, but a mod keeps blocking tgem from being posted.
Since that seems to be your model of operation, why should I bother suggesting anything at all anywhere?
I admit, I can be sarcastic in my criticism and if that gets blicked I understand, but refusing to allow quality suggestions to the game only suggest your are not interested in my thoughts, only my CC info, which is currently on hold for future releases.

RK - we 100% appreciate your activity here on these forums and the feedback you’re able to give us. But all suggestions and feedback given here have already been given, countless times. These aren’t new issues or suggestions, so what good is submitting them again going to do? The developers just need to focus on matters that actually matter to the community.

7 Likes

Each suggestion does make an impact.

Yes, you may feel your submitting the same issue as another player or it’s appearing over and over again. But each ticket submitted is another indication to what the community is looking for. So if numerous players are submitting a similar response, then it becomes more noticeable.
On the other hand, please do not submit the same ticket over and over again just to be noticed as I track gamertags alongside each ticket.

You may feel that duplicate subjected tickets won’t do anything, when infact it’s the opposite and they’re bringing an issue more alight.

Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

A lot of the discussion in this thread has been about garage size increase not being in the next update notes. A garage size increase has already been teased and there’s a 10 page thread about it on page 1. If me submitting a ticket about this same issue moves the needle at all, then we (PG and I) have a whole new problem that’s very similar to the one that led me to boycot FM7, the only Forza title I never bought. It feels like when you’re standing next to someone and talking, then finish and they go, “What did you say?” … so you repeat yourself and when you’re finished, they go, “What did you say?”

The suggestions in this forum should be looked at as a resource of long term game testers trying to make the game better and filling a role obviously not filled by staff at PG. And we do this for free. It’s quite a favor we’re doing, but, yes, sometimes we get off topic. But if all this is secondary to submitting tickets and then making decisions based on number of tickets submitted instead of what’s common sense (a hallmark of trying to as little as possible), then I’m wasting my time here.

2 Likes

For your top paragraph:
As noted in another thread - Yes, there will be an increase in the garage size. But unfortunately that is the only information I can give at this present time.

For your bottom paragraph:
If you feel like you only want to put a suggestion in either the forum OR the support page. Always choose the support page. I’d actually advise using that website as your main information source rather than the forum as it includes all our release note & fixes, any upcoming information, articles which may provide to be useful or fix the issue you have without you needing to submit a ticket or ask anyone and therefore saving you time to get you back enjoying and playing the game.
The support page is the most important place to submit feedback, suggestions and bug/issues as we can track this easier and also contact you directly if we need any more account information.

1 Like

Uh, yeah, no thanks. I won’t be participating in efforts more geared toward burying public criticism that getting to common sense improvements. I’ll just recalibrate my expectations and reasons for posting anything … and, anyways, my 3 big issues (no collisions racing, no class based rivals, and garage size) are already known and, at this point, we’ll either get improvements or we won’t.

And thank to Jonk for that post. That’s how it’s done.

1 Like

I can appreciate this - but I’d like to respectfully push back and just say why can’t the team notice threads on these forums? It’s quite obvious just by looking at the forums what people are wanting most. I don’t submit tickets because I don’t trust that it will be seen. Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks.

One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice. If an exhaust does get an update, it’s weak, and it’s not mentioned in update notes. I don’t think we’ve really gotten any sort of response as to why the big topic cars like the Viper, Paganis and Ford GT haven’t been touched yet.

Thanks

2 Likes

The team do notice thread on the forums, and I do directly send a lot of these threads to the appropriate team and/or person if it’s necessary.

“Too many times people say their tickets go unnoticed for weeks.” – I’ve addressed this in a few threads. There was an increase influx of tickets which was unexpected and therefore caused the long delay to responses. To fix and improve this, (from last week) there is now an additional support team member which is dealing directly with these ticket. Hopefully this will reduce the response time and get all your tickets answered quicker. We appreciate your patience.

“One example of this is exhaust sounds. It’s probably the second largest thread on these forums (?) and they have gotten hardly any notice.” – This thread is noticed and frequently becomes a discussion for the audio team. They do keep an eye on that thread. It’s also some of the reasoning behind the changes found in the release notes here. Which I have discussed with you before and you thanked me for it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your patience and response RK. It’s nice to know that even if there is no response, they are still being noticed. I think a lot of times it is difficult for us as the community to feel like we are being heard when a response is rarely given. But I appreciate the fact that you’re saying you do regularly bring attention to these posts even if it’s not said. I will trust that the feedback is being given.

However, regarding the release notes - I do recall that one or two of the release notes mentioned audio fixes. But, it didn’t address what cars were actually looked at. I think that is a little frustrating to many of us. And if I am just missing the list of cars that have been addressed, please forgive me.

Again, thank you for your willingness to engage in a constructive discussion with us, it really is appreciated.

2 Likes

You just pick a comment of a small list? Because reacting like that is just pathetic… Face it you just don’t care about if we are angry you guys are just happy because “yay we got ‘’‘more’‘’ content” while the game is falling apart around it.

Is there some price to win in the competition for being the worst company?

If there is, they’ve got an extraordinarily long way to go before they catch EA, Bethesda, or Activision-Blizzard. They’re not even on par with a Tecmo Koei or Konami… or CAPCOM on a bad day.

2 Likes

In what world is EA, Activision or Blizzard a bad company??