FH4 closing on startup / load screen [see Forza Support site article]

I doubt you’re doing it correctly…

Besides, no need to uninstall random stuff. They are irrelevant.

Hello,

First I’d like to say that I already submitted a ticket to support, which didn’t help at all despite several answers.
I played this game for hundreds of hours before the Lego expansion, and everything was fine. Then I didn’t play for several months.
A few days ago I wanted to play again and to try out the Lego expansion.

I go through the first loading screen without problem (with the Senna in the background), but the game crashes every time during the second loading screen (with the Lego pics). The game just closes and it goes back to desktop without error message.

On the Senna screen, if I go to “options” and select “benchmark”, the benchmark runs perfectly at ultra settings, no problem.

I tried to reinstall the game several times, even on a different SSD, but it didn’t help.

My PC : i7 6700k, GTX 1080, 16 GB ram.

Any advice ? Thanks !

If you’ve read the related articles and Forza Support response has not solved your issue, you may try to clarify it with further communication, but from there you should seek support from Microsoft or official Xbox Support.

I’m afraid that the problem comes from my savefile (in the cloud), which would be awful considering I have hundreds of hours in farming, auction etc.

Is there a way to know if my save is bugged ?

Create another Xbox account and launch the game using it.

Done every fix I can find out there on the interwebs but its still wont load after 3 months! Raised a support ticket but they asked for all sorts of ridiculous stuff, which quite frankly im not prepared to do I think this issue is pretty well documented by now so they should have some idea of what causes it! Now this has been ongoing for ages stop doing title update streams and bigging yourself up how about you do a stream where you actually fix this bloody game on PC, now that would be worth watching! Cmon guys I have had every Forza motorsport game and every Horizon game. This is the event log error, its what i have seen from most people

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1f3c
Start Time: 01d5a487ac4088a8
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.367.746.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 6543f776-b879-4d4d-b633-626ec64b20df
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.367.746.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation

I changed loads of permission and I have even re-installed but still dont work, maybe some genius who clearly wouldn’t work for playground games may have the fix!

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm1135709.aspx#post_1135709

Thanks leetorts I had tried something similar but did it all again, all its done rather then a 30 sec splash screen and crash it crashes straight away with this error

The server Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.367.746.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!SunriseReleaseFinal did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

So maybe a move sideways!

I haven’t played FH4 for maybe one or two months. I have always been able to run Forza perfectly with solid 60+fps on highest settings.

I wanted to play it now and when i tried playing the game, the game just crashed on the first loading screen. (The loading screen with all the in-game pictures and personal stats)

There are no errors messages and it just closes instantly after the grey screen comes up for about a second or so.

I’m honestly so tired of needing to spend 4-8 hours fixing forza issues. Please, for the love of all that is good, please spend more time patching crashes and game-breaking errors within your bigger updates.

Note: Between stopping playing (about 2 months ago) and me trying to play it now, i’ve bought the xbox game pass, which has FH4 in it. Although i don’t think that would cause issues.

Looks like a corrupt save game issue.

Does starting the game with a new profile work?..

Note: Not the same issue as the topic.

1 Like

I’m Steam player. How do we start with new profile or start with new save?

It’s been two weeks now that I can’t play the game. Whenever I open it, the start-up screen shows up for 5 seconds and instantly closes as if I didn’t open it. I try daily to play the game and hope every morning my issue is fixed and until now nothing.
Please fix this issue!

1 Like

I keep getting this as well.

Initially fixed it by resetting the game (and moving to a different drive), didn’t re-install. Took an age to redownload my save file but once it did I was away.

I still get the activation error though 3 out of 4 attempts starting the game. This is with the xbox app running \ signed into xbox live etc. Annoying and has reduced jumping on for a quick game. Didn’t even bother trying to get any black Friday PO cars as couldn’t face the pain of the constant start \ crash \ loop.

Painful. This seems to have been introduced with the previous to last update as started doing this since that point in time. Not bothered with support tickets as ones I have had are either outstanding or closed with a redirection to a support page that does squat.

1 Like

I bought the game for PC during Black Friday. Managed to load it up and play it twice, although I immediately noticed how long the initial loading time was (from SSD no less). Then, after a day, the game would refuse to launch at all with the symptoms described in this thread. The rest is well documented here and elsewhere. I tried every fix or workaround I could find (also pertaining to the Microsoft Store). To no avail. The game just won’t launch anymore. Instead of playing I spent hours and hours of trying to find a fix.

I have a support ticket open, no reply yet, but after having read virtually everything I could find on the Internet, I’m not exactly hopeful.

1 Like

hi

my game was just fine around two days ago but today it wont launch at all when i press on the app it runs for 5 seconds then automatically exits i tried online solutions for this like closing msi afterburner or disabling firewalls and antivirus nothing seems to be working does anyone else have the same problem ?

Isn’t this great lads? Game literally worked when I was playing the Game pass version on PC, but oh no, don’t you dare and buy the ultimate edition, because then we’ll make sure you can’t play either of them anymore and make you crash after looking at the Startup logo for 30’s or longer.

But in all seriousness, does anyone know a fix? or something? This shouldn’t be happening, at no point should we not be able to play a game we paid for when literally the standard edition on gamepass worked prior to even buying the actual game.

Did you ever fix the issue? I’m having the exact same problem after getting the Ultimate edition of the game. Before I was able to play the game just fine through gamepass, but ever since I dared and actually buy the game with all it’s DLC I can’t boot the game anymore, with the same Hangtype: Activation error as everyone else.

It happened to me on the last update, and I reinstalled the game and somehow fixed the issue. but after the eliminator update, reinstalled the game doesn’t work.
I’m on the newest windows 10 and GPU driver. Game is the ultimate edition.