FH2 servers down?

So ive been going through the forums and have yet to see annyone complain about Online Freeroam connectivity , So far im having no issues with the single player… Ive never had any issues playing online with any Forza games except Forza 5 and now Horizon 2 even during the Demo i was having issues… I did call xbox support and was on the phone with the guy for over 1hr and we came to the conclusion that it wasnt on my end but on Forza end… We even went as far as to validate my Email information imagine… So I would appreciate some type of Blue post regarding this issue about Online Freeroam because again all i can do atm is play single player and after a while that does tend to get boring… Thank You.

1 Like

Ditto Same Here, but currently on a hotel connection, but I’ve had the issue with both Forza 5, Forza H2 Demo, and the full release game… debating to return my xbox one as I type… within the 15days

Yes I too suffer from exactly the same issue you describe. I love Forza 5 and Horizon 2, but really want to get online! I have no issues connecting to the net generally (I’m using my home wifi right now to respond to this post), I play many other games online - for instance Destiny, which I’ve been playing for many days recently, both with friends and other non -friends, without a problem. I originally had no problems connecting to online with Forza 5, but some time ago (probably in the order of a couple of months) have not been able to ever get an online session connected. This is also now happening with Forza Horizon 2? Both the demo, and full game. I attempt both online free roam, or online road trip, both sit there attempting to connect, but then after say a minute or so, advise it is not able to connect, and I should check my network settings?

I have checked my network settings through the xbox one, and I have a strong wifi connection and an open NAT, and it advises me that all services are available. When I test both network connection and multiplayer connection, the Xbox advises me “Everything is good”. I have also performed a hard reboot of my Xbox One, by holding down the power button for 5 seconds, waiting 30 seconds and powering it back on (many times) to no avail.

I’m glad to hear I’m not alone on this, and while the game is still very fun, I really am looking forward to using the online component of Forza Horizon 2.

Please Turn 10/Playground Games, is there anything else that I could try, or you guys can do from your end?

1 Like

Easy fix lol
Go to your IP address in the web browser and navigate to your wireless settings and find something called VPN passthrough and in there you need to enable ipsec passthrough. I also returned Forza 5 thinking it was the servers. But now I realized I missed out on an aewsome game. Good thing I got forza horizon 2 and can now play online!

Thank for the feedback, anything and everything is appreciated. Unfortunately looks like this hasn’t fixed it either.

I’ve tried port forwarding IPsec traffic to my xbox one as described. I’ve also followed the Microsoft guide to getting your Xbox properly connected and with an open NAT (not that I’ve ever had anything but an open NAT), see this link Xbox Support.

I’ve forwarded every port described in this article relating to rectifying issues with Forza Motorsport 5 - http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/DGND3700v2/Forza_Motorsport_5_-_Xbox_One.htm

Still cannot get online with Horizon 2.

As stated, my NAT is open, my Xbox One says multiplayer services are all good, and I can play other non-Forza titles online without a problem.

I am more than happy to give anything a try. I am happy to describe in detail exactly what I have done, from disabling UPnP, rebooting my router and xbox mutliple times, re-enabling UPnP, that didn’t work. I opened every port, and forwarded it to my xbox, that then broke my internet service (which I quickly rectified and internet is working again).

This doesn’t look like a NAT issue to me, but something else? I do have multiple consoles, and I did read that having more than one connected to the same network may not be supported by my router, however all the other ones are off? And, that really doesn’t explain the fact that other games do work (Destiny for example), and I can chat using the party chat feature, I just cannot get online with either free roam, or or road trip. I have tried probably in the order of 30 times, over many days, never with success.

I can download car designs, I have joined a Club and can see the club inbox fill up with invites, and club announcements. I can also see the online features active in the Horizon 2 menu (as opposed to when I have turned off my router, and the online features are grayed out and have a pad lock icon). It’s just when I try to actually connect to them, it is never successful.

I have even tested to see what happens if I try to connect when my router is off, just to see if the error message is different, which it is. Instead of it stating that I am unable to connect at this time, and I should check my network settings (as normally happens when I have my router on), it states explicitly that I’ve lost my connection to Xbox Live, and match making is not possible. When I turned my router back on, the error reverts back to unable to connect to freeroam, check my settings etc.

This is obviously very frustrating, as I really really want to get online with other people… Anything at all to help would be appreciated, and as I mentioned, I am very happy to put down in detail every single thing I have done in detail if that helps?

2 Likes

I have had this game for a week now and have not been able to play a single online session!

My internet is perfect, my port forwarding is perfect, my nat is open and ipsec passthrough enabled.

It always says cannot connect to session check network settings! Twice i have managed to connect and load into a session only to be kicked out 10 secs later.

This is so frustrating! All i want to do is play online!

I am not the only obe here, what the hell is going on!

I have just received my second Xbox One through a warranty replacement and I can not access Forza Horizon 2 online. Not freeroam, Not online roadtrips. Not even rivals or leaderboards. Nothing. All the squares in the menu that have something to do with online have a padlock icon in the lower left corner.

THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING ON MY LAST XBOX ONE. We also have another Xbox One in the house that IS WORKING.

What the hell!? I’ve been playing Horizon 2 online since day one and now I cannot play it at all on my replacement Xbox.

And it is not an issue with my machine, (we do have two, so we know we’re fine), it’s gotta be on the developer’s end or at Microsoft.

Time for Playstation??

Currently having the same problem…

Enable DMZ for your xbox ip address on the router and then do a hard reset on your xbox

So, I’ve commented on a couple forums here about this issue now that I am suffering again BUT NOW BOTH our Xbox Ones are having the same issue, just with Forza Horizon 2. FH2 Fast & Furious works online fine!!!

I’m really starting to see that these forums are just a sort of arbitrary, shut-up the complainers service because no one from the developer seems to be helping those who have these issues. All of us and others in other forums have brought this up but it seems no one at Turn 10 or Playground even give a damn.

Might have to skip Forza Motorsport 6?

Does anybody have a solution for this yet. Tried all suggested fixes and no luck. Maybe a new router? Please help!

I had all sorts of issues with this and forza 6. I had to go into xbox one setting and manually config DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (google dns servers) also have all ports open or you could use DMZ otherwise. I also run a VPN on my router so mine is more to do with this but try DNS settings on xbox :wink: all happy once again

1 Like

I had to manually set my xbox up on a static IP address through my router, then i had to forward the ports. it opened my NAT and was able to connect and stay connected.

Thanks so much. This worked for me I have been having connection problems since I got the game (but only this game) about a month ago and this fixed them. I’m late to the game but at least I made it. Thanks again, race time.

Does anyone know a fix to play online I’ve only played 1 match. What’s going on with the servers?
I just got this game from the xbox promotion going on right now. I read to hard restart my xbox and it only worked 1 time.
Also I’m looking for some cool people to play with online in horizon so feel free to add me if you want.
GT: NufSwag

1 Like

Having the same issue, along with my other horizon 2 friends, been like this for two days now :frowning: Any online feature is not available :frowning:

1 Like

No idea whats going on with the servers, but it’s down for me as well. Frustrating.

3 Likes

Yeah, cmon seriously forza you can do better. I mean everyone in my friends list is well mad same with me my friend wants to show off his Hennessy XD

3 Likes

yup, 4 days now. ridiculous.

2 Likes

Yep, this is pretty shoddy support, guys.

3 Likes