Favorite old school racing game

I was dusting off my old Playstation 1 and played some Ridge Racer Type 4 and I was immediately blown away with how much I forgotten about this classic. The last I remembered playing this game I was eight years old. Now looking back, I look at this game fondly as one the best games I ever played. Since nostalgia is a strange thing, does anybody has an old school racing they remember greatly?

One game came in my mind Ferrari F355 challenge on Dreamcast : 1 car, 6 tracks.

Street Rod 1 and 2, nuff said.

1 Like

Probably the first game I played was Gran Turismo, forgot how old I was then, maybe 5-8, around 7-9 years ago. That was the game where I learnt to drive and I was actually good at it. My favourite was the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport. Back then I never knew what Simulation and Arcade mode was. Even though the graphics weren’t great compared to FM6 they were really good.

I still credit F-Zero (SNES) for teaching me what a Racing Line is.

Test Drive 4 and 5. Fun and loved the tracks. Gran Turismo 1 and 2, were great fun. Project Gotham. Great fun. Lemans 24 hours and Sega GT on Dreamcast. I remember the AAR 'cuda and I seem to remember running a '68 Charger R/T too. All great games in my opinion.
The good old days…

1 Like

Test Drive and Gran Turismo were such awesome games! PS1 was my first console!

1 Like

So was mine!

2 Likes

Sports Car GT

Ayrton Senna Super Monaco GP, on the Sega Megadrive.
I loved that game, like a fat man loves cake!

1 Like