FAQ: How are cars added and why are some left out of the game?

We’ve had plenty glorious Nipon steel new to this generation.

Toyota TS040
Toyota Eagle GTP mkIII
70’s Toyota Celica
70’s Corolla
Reborn mkIII Supra and FC RX-7
Hoonacorn RX-7
94 Silvia
97 Silvia
Toyota Avensis NGTC
'17 R35 GT-R
R31 GT-R
FK8 Civic
FK2 Civic
90’s Prelude
00’s Prelude
R380-II
R382 (what ever the group 6 racer is)
Nissan GT-R LM Nismo
R33 GT-R LM
Honda S600 OR 800
Honda Civic TC1
R35 GT-R GT500
'66 Silvia
IMSA 300ZX
280ZX Group 5
300ZX Trans Am
Bluebird Group 5

and probably some more, so Japan has been pretty well represented compared to current race cars to which we don’t have many.

1 Like

Japanese cars have been represented very well in FM & FH games. Sadly with Toyota pulling out, a big hole in the JDM market that turn 10 can’t do anything about. But they still have tonnes of Japanese manufactures and cars. They’re really well represented imo.

1 Like

Seat will it happen?
İbiza cupra
Leon cupra

Personally, Seat are one of my least favorite car brands. Just do not like them and not fussed whatsoever that they are not in the game or are in the game. If they are not, and if I’m correct they haven’t been in any Forza game for a while, it’s more than likely due to licensing. No one really knows what cars are coming to the game, even though probably most of the were leaked a little while ago, but I’d say just wait and see what happens with the car reveals that are planned. If not you can probably hope they come in as DLC, but if they are not here at launch, the chances are probably slim.

2 Likes

First of all, Mods: if you feel like this belongs elsewhere, then please move. My apologies in advance. [Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Right.

As I look at the cars we’ve so far seen released for F:H4 – either officially on the various streams, or unofficially on third party sites such as IGCD – I’m realizing something. So far, we have not seen a huge amount of “new to Forza” cars revealed; fairly certain that officially – that is to say not the leaked list we’ve been talking about – all we’ve seen “revealed” by T10/PG is the Senna. Elsewhere on third party sites, we’ve seen a couple of Bentleys, the Baja Bug and a select few others. On some of those same sites we’ve seen the return of some models after a brief hiatus; the '15 Z/28 and more recently, the Warthog (yuck. Sorry, but yuck) come immediately to mind. It was, in fact, my sighting of the Camaro that really got me thinking.

At first, I was a little disappointed but then: it’s quite early and I’m sure more will come to light as we keep going.

Or maybe not.

I say that because while this is an all-new game, the Forza franchise has been going on for years (I’ve owned every one except 5) and I’m starting to wonder if there just aren’t that many new cars whose ROI – that is to say cars that would attract new players v the cost of modelling them, getting the licensing worked out and so on – is really worth it. There have been so many cars over the years in the Forza games that as I think of what I’d like to see, they’re mostly eclectic oldies or race cars that maybe just aren’t as recognizable to the greater gaming populace as I think. Pretty sure the 917 we finally got was a car that 99% of Forza players wanted, but I could be wrong. Same goes for the Ford Torino, Plymouth Superbird, original Shelby GT350, the I dunno, Stagea wagon, Performante and others. I may think there aren’t that many new-to-Forza cars coming, but maybe that’s just because I’ve played for years – on average probably longer than most Forza players – and there aren’t that many new-to-Forza cars worth doing, because so many of them are new to new players. Like that '15 Z/28, for example. Or that (shudder) Warthog.

Thoughts?

As of late August, before the 8/29/2017 car reveal, there were 4 new-to-Forza car models announced for FM7:
1950 Alfa Romeo 158
2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2017 Porsche #2 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
1988 Porsche #17 Porsche Dunlop 962c

25 other new models were announced on 8/29, all race cars.
There were a total of 19 new-to-Forza models in FH3 at launch.

I’m currently in progress tallying the FH4 and FM7 car wishlist threads. In previous threads there were over 4000 different models mentioned (by which I mean requests for the same generation Stingray/Z06/ZR1 were counted as 1 car). The majority of the models requested by more than one person were made within the last 15 years.

In the history of all Forza games to date, including DLC, there have been 1232 different cars (counting the 991 GT3 and GT2 separately; not counting Forza Edition tuned models or promotional livery cars etc). FM7 holds the record for the highest number of models in a Forza game: 786 total, 707 of which are not tuned variants or livery duplicates.

Those are some community interest numbers I can provide. As for the ROI on how many sales result from adding any particular model to the game, I would think only the developers know.

I think that which I bolded is exactly what I was trying to say. The important bases are covered in Forza – or have been at some point in the franchise’s existence – and it’s a formula that seems to be working: get a new supercar/hypercar/megacar in there (often serving as the cover car), drop in a couple of new-to-the-series-but-actually-old racers and Bob’s your unc. There just aren’t that many significant-to-the-history-of-the-car-and-therefore-to-most-forza-players cars left to do.

I’d just like an official response as to why the 300zx (z31 or z32) is not in Horizon but is in Motorsports. I owned both of these and I want to drive it in game!!

I’d say there are just a couple of people who share your opinion, so there is just too less interest on this car. Well same for me with the Audi RS7 and the Audi S4 Sedan… I hope personally hope I’ll ever see these cars again in a horizon game, same luck for You, too with your two!

Don’t forget to post on the car wishlist thread, they do look at it!

1 Like

Does anyone know why they haven’t revamped the Mercedes lineup for a while? I just find it odd that they are still using the E63 from 2013 and the SLR is weirdly absent (even on the recently leaked FH4 list).

Is it particularly difficult to get Mercedes licenses or is the demand just not there? I’d love to see more of the 80s - 90s AMGs as well.

1 Like

The mustang wasn’t a good example as owners usually prefer the older variations over the new ones but I understand what he was trying to say lol ;p

"And there’s always new ones coming up as well, right? We try to make sure that we have the relevant cars in there. And certain cars become stale. You don’t necessarily need every version of the Mustang, for example, in the game. Some of them aren’t that great. Some of them are really iconic and you need to have those in there, but if you’ve got the most current one from Forza 4, from 2011, then it gets replaced with a new one for 2014, do you really still need that 2011 one? We needed it then because it was new, but now maybe it turns out that it wasn’t that well-received and the new one’s all that; we may get rid of that 2011 then because who’s gonna want it? They’re gonna want that ’14. Unless it rose to that status of one of those iconic cars that people love forever; unless it’s frozen in time.”

The lack of so many new models is hurting the franchise imo. It’s why lot of people r losing interest in both motorsport and horizon. They arent adding any newer models up front with the game but just a few as dlc. I used to be so excited to play forza because they were always on top of adding the newest cars to the game, and getting to try them out. But when they moved over to xb1 starting with fm5 they quit keeping the list up to date and started charging a price for old models in the franchise. Fm4 and fm3 they got the newest cars in the game as soon as they launched irl. They dont do that now, by the time they get a good car in the game that is popular it’s two years after it was released and everybody has lost interest. They just ain’t on top of things anymore. Sure I like the classic but s but most people I think r interested in new cars that be coming out, and no not just the hypercar which is all they seem to do now with new models. Just my 2 cents on the failure to keep the list up to date and how so many people are losing interest such as myself in the series. And I’ve owned every single forza title since fm1. After fm4 they went downhill. Not that the games were bad they just became repetitive due to lack of inclusion of new up to date models coming out from manufacturers other than the hypercsrs.

1 Like

While I understand cars have to be re-licensed every game this process can be very frustrating for long-time Forza fans, it seems every Horizon we get amazing sports cars that show up once and never again. Case in point Horizon 1 has wild Ferrari 599xx Evo, the absolute highest trim of the car, and yet its hasn’t been see since. Playing through Horizon 2 right now and it has the beautiful 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner which is also a no-show afterwards.

I think that was a special Fast and Furious edition car so they had to get the rights as well from the movie studio. Not too sure on the last part, but I do know it was a FF car

Just my observation plenty of cars in these fast n furious packs are just stock or factory tuned with the words “Fast n Furious” slapped in front. The cars with movie-specific modifications and liveries I can definitely see having additional levels of licensing.

No they aren’t. In the latest F&F pack maybe, but not the previous ones, but even in the FM7 pack several of those cars were not stock or factory tuned.

Of the cars that didn’t carry over from FM7 to FH4, over 160 were from racing spec divisions (Formula 70s / 90s / E / Ford spec / Mazda spec / IndyCar / NASCAR / Supercars Championship / Open Wheel Legends / Forza GP / GT / P1 / P2 / Touring Cars / GT Racing Reborn / Early Prototype Racers / Prototype Group Racing).

Of the 196 other cars, further filtering out Fast and Furious, Hot Wheels, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Lexus leaves 159 cars. Just under 20 of those are in FM7 divisions for Extreme Offroad, Forza Trophy Trucks, Modern Offroaders, Modern SUV, Rally Heroes, Showroom Rally, Rally Heroes, Sports Utility Heroes, and Vintage Off-roaders.

Some are clearly older versions of cars in the FH4 list. Two examples are the 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6 and 2008 Ferrari California, which has been in every game since FM3.

Makes that didn’t carry over were Citroen (2CV), Eagle (Talon), Exomotive, Lincoln, Rolls-Royce (which made its Forza debut in FM6), Tesla, and VUHL.

There are 38 models that made their Forza series debut in FH3 or FM7 but didn’t carry over to FH4:

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
1939 BMW 328
2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
1971 Chevrolet Vega GT
1970 Citroen 2CV
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2018 Exomotive Exocet Sport V8 XP-5
2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast
2015 Ford Falcon XR8
1992 Ford Falcon GT [EB]
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
1968 Holden Monaro GTS 327
1951 Holden FX Sedan
1951 Holden 50-2106 FX Ute
2018 Honda Civic Type R
2018 Honda Odyssey
1970 Honda S800
1979 Hoonigan Baldwin Motorsports “Loki” K5 Blazer
2003 Hoonigan Holden Commodore Ute
1996 HSV GTSR
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2017 Lincoln Continental
2017 Maserati Levante S
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau [964]
1993 Porsche 928 GTS
1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
1964 Porsche 904 Carrera GTS
723 Quartz Regalia
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1968 Subaru 360
2015 Tesla Model S P90D with Ludicrous Mode
1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L (Notchback)
2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design
1972 Volvo 1800E
2017 VUHL 05RR

FAQ: Why isn’t Mitsubishi in FH4?

“One absence from the above list is Mitsubishi. While our teams work hard to license hundreds of brands for Forza games, we can’t always align our fans’ desires with the interests of every licensor, as is the case here with Mitsubishi. As a result, we’re unable to include Mitsubishi cars in Forza Horizon 4 at this time.”

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_7_18

Well, that is…
One iconic rally car manufacturer gone. For me, that is a real bummer (and, yes, I will moan about it for the next 2 years, because I was pretty silent about FM7 missing Toyota).

2 Likes