Fanatec csw 2.5

Hi guys

I have a fanatec csw 2.5 with xbox universal hub. I always like the most realistic settings and run with all assists off. For the past year it’s been fine and felt really good. I had the game on ffb 100 and wheel set to auto which felt great.

However I have just done the new update on the wheel and it feels horrible! The auto function has gone on ffb and whatever I try it does not feel realistic at all. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

I downloaded the new firmware as have just bought the mclaren gt3 rim. Using that on f1 2018 feels awful as well! And the two turn switches can’t be assigned to work!!!

Thanks

When you update the firmware all stored wheel setting profiles will be erased, so you will need to reset everything again.

IIRC auto FF setting on the wheel uses whatever value you have set ingame on xbox mode (PC will use driver value), so if you had ingame at 100, set 100 on your wheel.

Hi thanks for your reply.

There is no way you can race with 100 ffb set on the wheel, it’s impossible and not realistic.

It’s not just the ffb the wheel just doesn’t feel right. I’m just after the most realistic settings for the game and the wheel

Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply.

There is no way you can race with 100 ffb set on the wheel, it’s impossible and not realistic.

It’s not just the ffb the wheel just doesn’t feel right. I’m just after the most realistic settings for the game and the wheel

Thanks

Oh are you wrong…

“Most realistic setting” for what ?

Driving a tuned street car with 60 mph … maybe.

Or driving any real race car … no! Even 100 ffb is way to low with the CSW 2.5.

CSW v2.5 = 8 Nm

new DD1 wheel base = 15-20 Nm !!
new DD2 wheel base = 18-25 Nm !!!

According to Fanatec ‘matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.’

Yes you can, I do all the time and my wheel is even stronger than yours is.

What are the settings your running now? Share ingame and on wheel settings and I’ll see if we can work towards your goal feeling

Try csw 2.5 at ffb 100 with game at 100 its impossible!!! I drive in real life and have driven a Williams f1 simulator and this is not realistic!

I have spoken to fanatec and they said yes its and issue with xbox and told me to put ffb on between 30-50 on the wheel. Even the developers there have said having it on 100 is not correct

My new settings

Ingame: xbox one x

Deadzones all 0-100
Vibration 100
Ffb 100
Linearity 50
Understeer 100
Minimum force 100
Damper 20
Centre spring 25

Wheel:

FFB 20
SHO 100
ABS 65
Dri off
FEI 50 as recommended by Fanatec

Ah yes you are totally right, I forgot that fanatec wheels in xbox one mode significantly scale up the FFB signal by default.

Personally I would turn vibration down really low or off completely, for realism sake they are not. I would also drip FFB understeer down to around 50

Ok cool thanks I will give it a try.

What wheel do you use?

I use a modified CSW V1, wich has about 9nm torque

Correct, since vibration effects come from all four wheels of the car, some of those vibrations should be conveyed through vibration motors (like on the xbox controller) and not through the actual FFB motor as that should be trying to simulate steering torque only. High vibration setting can cause inaccurate steering torques as a result, and vibration frequency is static and doesn’t change.

Sorry for the late reply BTW, forgot about the thread as it was moved here to hardware section.

So is vibration not a realistic effect if its best to turn it off?

For Forza 8 I would really love Turn 10 to issue the most realistic settings for wheels and ingame!

Here are my settings as of today. May or may not work for you, but I have no shaking and I can drive almost as fast as I did before the update.
XBox One X
Fanatec CSW 2.5 Firmware 3.11
CSL Elite P1 Xbox wheel
Clubsport pedals
Setting: S-4
SEN sensitivity 540
FF Force Feedback 27
SHO Shock 10
ABS 85
DRI Drift Mode -5
BRF Brake Force 50
FEI Force Effect Intensity 100

ADVANCED SETTINGS:
Steering inside 0
Steering out 95
Accel In 10
Accel Out 95
Decel inside 5
Decel Outside 90
Vibration 25
FFB 30
Aligning Torque 140
Mech Trail Scale 160
Pneumatic Trail 40
Road Feel 90
Wheel Damper 60
Center Spring 40
Wheel Rotation 560
Steering Linearity 50
Time Achieved: 1.317 Laguna Seca S class 2015 Z06 Corvette 800 class ( before update my old times were high 1:30:'s )