F7 - deadlines and the Corporate dollar

It’s one of the downsides being a “AAA” studio, having publishers, deadlines and such.

Independent developers don’t have publishers and deadlines, but for them it’s harder to survive. Back in the 80’s and 90s i remember it was “Quality over Quantity” , nowadays its the other way around “Quantity over Quality”. Society demands more these days, faster. It’s like a factory that want’s to go faster and faster, into overdrive, until one day it collapse.

Sure the graphics and sounds of video games are great in this era, and they advertise on that with clever marketing strategies, but in most cases the “soul” of the gameplay is lost, besides the buggy launches and such.

T10 are not a 3rd-party developer. They are pretty much the opposite of a 3rd-party developer - an in-house Microsoft team. They are part of the Xbox organisation, reporting structure, and decision-making process, and as much a part of Microsoft as the rest of the Xbox team, or the Windows team, or the Word team.

@Zedeeyen

It was more a post in general, but if they are in-house, that’s not bad. they should be more on the same frequency with their development idea’s in that case.

I’m loving this game and the few things that need polish I’m sure will come over time.

1 Like

all i want at this point is forza 4 to be backwards compatible. im positive T10 wont make a better game than that one, im done being a sucker for their bad games.

1 Like