Ended With A Question...

Okay, so the 110,000 wasn’t for Daytona, now I understand, thanks!
But having said that, which is the ‘Indy Oval’? The Brickyard or Homestead?
It may seem obvious to a lot of people, but I haven’t watched Indy Car in a long, long time.

Never mind, saw your edit. Thanks again.

No worries, I don’t watch Indy Car either (UK bloke) just thought Indy came initially from the Indy 500, which was Indianapolis. I’m not up on US racing history though, so my assumption was likely wrong ;0)

I did the Homestead oval once, but as it’s only 1.5m long, the rewards are pretty measly, and not really worth the time. I also did a 1 hour race around the Indianapolis Brickyard in an Indy car. You can get 90+ laps in at 2,200 per lap…

Running Indianapolis with the Camaro can be a pain in the…, I guess. I´ll give it a try, though. When I have to rewind all the time, nothing is won compared to the Indycar :slight_smile:

The Indycar is full throttle and have a look at what the AI-drivers do - easy.

BTW, in the Masters-Championship there is a 80 Lap race on Indianapolis (extralong). Save some 100% mods for this! But speed tune your car, with the stock setup you have little to no chance against the AI on unbeatable.

Thanks for the tip :0) I do run the Indy Car quite often if I want to do a faster race, but Camaro gives me a break from the boredom of 100% throttle & steer occasionally, also gives a bigger reward, just takes a little longer (around 10 mins or so). I guess it comes down to how much time you want to give it :0)

1 Like

I just tried the maxed out Camaro tactic, can’t get it to handle well enough to beat the unbeatable, second place is simple enough, but there’s always one that just destroys me. It makes for an interesting race having to concentrate for every corner, but as far as credit ‘grinding’ is concerned I think I’ll stick with the Indy car. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge, that’s what games are for, but I much prefer to challenge myself in cars I enjoy on tracks I enjoy, like Bathurst, Nürburgring GP & Long Beach. Will save the going around in circles thing for quick simple Credits.

Yeah it’s definitely a handful, Indy Car is faster and easier, but as I said, the Camaro can offer a break when the tedium kicks in… Fell asleep going around in the Indy car a couple of times… waking up to find you’re about 15 laps behind last place isn’t fun lol

1 Like

Hahaha classic gaming issue that one.

LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION PLEASE:

Since we’re talking about the oval tracks, I have been recently taking a “hypercar” (doesn’t really matter which one) to Daytona Oval; setup for a 25 lap race.

Every race, there is this one Drivatar; I believe he is driving a Lotus (sometimes it’s Black, sometimes Yellow). He just flies past me (keep in mind, in some cars I’m going 230+MPH) then… when he gets in front of me… he brake checks me! I just don’t understand it, and this is every hypercar race… every race he does this to me.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Drivatards did it all the time in FH3, so can’t imagine they’d be any different in this game, hated that behaviour as it cost me loads of skill chains, but I digress… I haven’t raced any Hypercars yet, but I might give it a go to see what you mean :0)

Lotus Hypercar? Sounds like you’re referring to the Hennessy Venom, that thing looks like a stretched out Elise… But either way it’s probably irrelevant, I think what you’re experiencing is just crap AI. I have seen them do that from time to time.
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Hennessy Venom… I just looked it up and I believe you are correct. Now I think I will go buy that car and give that Drivatar a taste of his own medicine. :slight_smile: (Isn’t that a shame that I am actually seeking revenge on an AI Drivatar) sigh…

1 Like

You could upgrade your car to P class. The racecars there are usually a lot slower than a hypercar. Or the GT-R. Or work with buckets.

Okay, question time again.
Did anyone else get a good laugh after seeing the ‘No Substitute’ achievement?
I understand the achievement itself being in the game, Porsche gave them money. But to actually name it ‘no Substitute’? Especially because a bunch of them 3-wheel around corners!
I personally don’t care for Porsches, so haven’t bothered trying to tune that characteristic out of them, but from what I’ve read here on the forum it’s not an easy thing to do… Which in turn just makes it even funnier. So much so that I can almost hear the Ford GT on the cover of FM6 laughing too… How quickly they’ve forgotten about that gem, no longer a concept car as it was in FM6 & yet here in FM7 it still only has the one manufacturer’s colour scheme to choose from…
…kinda trailed off there…

So going back to the Camaro VS Indy car debate… Seems the Indy car is slightly more efficient. You can squeeze 3 Indy car x50 laps in roughly the same time it takes to do 2 x50 in the Camaro

Indy Base + VIP = 220k per race
Camaro is 330k per race

Both return 660k Base but the you get 3x difficulty and mods in the Indy car against 2x in the Camaro. So to make the math simple, say you have unbeatable and 100% mod bonus

Indy car

440k x3 = 1,320,000

Camaro

550k x2 = 1,100,000 (although you’d still have 1 more use of a 3 use mod card)

I did the math so you don’t have to ;0)

Yeah the Indy car is definitely the way to go. I’ve started to turn on sim damage too just to spice it up a little… Punched out a few last night to buy more ‘super unlucky’ crates, up to about 100 or more now with still having only gotten two Legendaries (Boo & First of Firsts), both trash, only doing this to get the skeleton for some reason now lost to me… So many credits & time wasted… Have been opening 10 at a time but still only getting duplicates, think I’ll just save them all up & open them on the final day, maybe that’ll work, but I doubt it… Anyone know of a trick or technique to actually getting a legendary???

OK, so I upgraded the Camaro FE to A700 (basically, added the race engine). Although the stock tires couldn’t do very well on the Indy or Homestead tracks, Dayton Oval was a piece of cake.

(NOTE: We were talking about “grinding” for cash. This isn’t difficult or even that big of a challenge, it’s just a simple method to earn, relatively quick, cash.)

Camaro Sport FE tuned to Class A700 (Includes Race Engine)
Daytona Oval set for 25 Laps
Drivatar Level @ UNBEATABLE
Starting Position = 24th (Note: this is good to add “Good Passes” MODs)
Max Speed = ~194MPH (without drafting)
Avg Turn Speed = ~187MPH (no lifting required)
Average Lap Time ~47 seconds
Race Time = ~20 minutes
Averaged Winnings = ~$250K (with VIP & MODs, I did make over $300K with 190% MODs)

NOTES:
Competition was Ferraris, Lambos, Vipers, Vettes, Astons, and the like
Lapped the entire field within the 25 laps (although lap traffic helped)
Lap Traffic include one large group of about 10 cars than slowed me down due to their tight grouping. (I lapped this group 3 times)

2 Likes

Gonna have to try this, as the fully upgraded Camaro is a beast… Thanks for the tip

Just in case anyone was wondering about this, it IS safe to hit ‘Restart’ at the post-race menu. You still get paid & is much simpler than quiting & redoing all your race settings again. Just thought I’d throw this out there because I was concerned about clicking it myself. Maybe it’ll help someone.

Yes, confirmed… I do this all the time :slight_smile: