'Drive X.X distance in your 'insert type of car here' in the seasonal #Forzathon challenge broken

I will concur with the speed thing. I was driving the James Bond Lotus because it is a retro supercar and I wanted to drive it. But it ain’t fast. Handles brilliantly. But definitely not fast. So my 15 miles were taking forever. Got it up to almost 10 and decided to try the McLaren F1 for 1 run down the freeway. Immediately completed.
So the speed thing does seem to be a factor. My guess is PG knows this, it is as designed, and they just choose not to mention it for reasons only they could know. Just another Forza way of doing things.

XBox One S is still OK. I haven’t heard of anyone with the ‘S’ having a problem. I know that doesn’t help you all much, but maybe it helps to solve the problem.

I’m really happy that it’s working for all of you now. :slight_smile: But I’m still for some weird reason having issues with mine. I’ve tried every single retro super car I have and also fully maxed them out. I’ve also tried to do the above 200 mph thing, but that didn’t work. I guess this week is just a bust for me.

1 Like

In the same boat as others.
Weekly is stuck on chapter 4.
I’ve tried several different Retro supercars,
still No Progress.
No issues with the daily’s.
I use an original Xbox One.

I used a Mercedes CLK GTR but it took an age to do 15 miles, I just drove up and down the motorway infinitum ad nauseum until it popped. Lost count of how many times I’ve driven up and down though. I submitted a ticket AGES ago, and the reply was “it’s just a conversion error, we won’t be able to fix it before the season change, so you’ll just have to keep driving I’m afraid” or something along those lines… Yeah, thanks for that…

It’s only about 3 minutes into Goliath that I pass 15 miles. If your console works properly that is.

The OP is on PC, Xbox works fine afaik

No it doesn’t.
I’m on an Original Xbox One
This is only the 2nd time I’ve been hit by this bug.

It’s never, ever worked for me. Early on in the games life cycle it used to register between 1/6th and 1/20th of the distance I traveled. These days it’s between 1/30th and 1/100th.

I’ve been doing nothing but driving and racing retro super cars for my past 3 hours of play. Not trying to get the weekly, I know that’s a wash, but I’ve been making, testing and racing a few tunes for the '95 Porsche 911 GT2. I checked my total distance at the end of it all. 0.3 km. That INCLUDES the distance I traveled when I was actually trying to complete the weekly before.

Xbox One X.

Same issues for me. I’ve only been lucky enough to complete a mileage event once.

on my PC I still have to switch to 30fps for the mileage things… its weird…

X1X here too. Has worked no more than twice, ever. Have tried 30/60 fps to no avail.

This is getting old. I have to change my frame rate settings to get this to work usually, but now… nothing. I run a 1080 Ti at 1440p + HDR at every bit of 144FPS ( the max this monitor will do) and I really enjoy being able to do this cos I’ve spent the money to do so. High frame rates are where it’s at. I shouldn’t have to set my FPS to anything lower than what I run in order for this mileage counter to work.

1 Like

ok know it is a flaw but only works on sealed roads not dirt or off road

Not working for me either, the funny thing is… the next weekly also has a milage chapter…

I was driving on regular roads and it registered .6 tenths of a mile. I then fast traveled to the highway and drove from one end to the other and it was registering milage. I did two more runs up and down and it popped. This is the second time I had to go to the highway to get it to work. When the weekly was an off road car it would register wherever you drove, street cars might have to drive on pavement exclusively. Who knows.

This issue has been going on for me since we got the Mitsubishi car pack, and i did quite a lot of bug tracking back then, on 60FPS, almost no cars would count towards the weekly challenges, and the few that did, was counting something to the effect of 0,001% of the actual distance, meanwhile car history would count fine. On 30FPS roughly 10% of the distance counted towards the weekly, but for some cars, not on dirt tracks or offroad, car history numbers would count double on some cars, on 20FPS it was 1 to 1 on the weekly challenge, yet again, for some cars nothing would be counted on dirt and offroad, and on some cars, car history would count x 10.

Best option ive found is to set FPS to 20, then run up and down the highway, untill it pops.

Also, bugs takes time to fix, afterall, its only been known for 8+ months…

But on a related note, i would VERY much like to know why, when this bug is known, and pretty widespread, why the BIIIP in the BIIIP with BIIIIP on top do we keep getting the challenges that involves a set distance to drive?

This is the first time I’ve ever had an issue. Any roads except the highway only registered a very very small amount. Then some registered nothing. At one point on the highway it suddenly gave me 5km extra when I only drove about 100 meters. Really weird. I’m on PC.

One account, up and down freeway 2 trips.

Second account, went cross country collect bonus boards, some fast travel here and there.

Third account, went from end of drag race location on freeway, south to round a bout, then north, then back to South round about. I was fixing to go back north, checked mileage. Sitting at exactly 15.0 miles. So I headed north, in reverse. Top speed was 47 MPH. Got just passed the middle round a bout and it popped.

So on road, off road, forwards, backwards, fast, slow. All worked fine for me.

1 Like

Again this plague is not working with the mercedes. If you are not able to fix this then remove it entirely from the game!

1 Like