Doodley Squat 5th year memorial

Doodley Squat
Steve Brieno
May 1st 1959 - April 30th 2014
We still miss you buddy.
For the 5th year memorial of the passing of our great friend, Doodley Squat, we at Deadlights would like you to join us for tribute paints, races and auctions. Several painters who were close to Steve are painting tribute cars or replicating his paints in Forza 7 and Horizon 4. Anybody ellse who wishes to paint one is encouraged and it will be greatly appreciated.
Update We are planning races in both Forza 7, special Deadlights NASCAR Wednesday on what would of been Steve’s 60th Birthday and in Horizon 4, Thursday evening with races in A and S class.

2 Likes

Yes - still missed - one heck of a guy and gamer - will see what I can do for his tribute.

Thanks Koiftt! I have replicated my tribute design from Forza Motorsport 4, with a few tweaks. It’s a combination of Dood’s Donna paint, and his favourite team.

Doodley was someone who took the time to encourage people like me to paint & participate in the Forza community. His enthusiasm, and paints from you guys at DLK, have expanded the games immeasurably for me.

Dood1

Dood2

1 Like

Fantastic looking paint Dave, Doodley would of loved seeing Donna in your style. PattheCat also has two beautiful paints made, if he doesn’t post pic, I will! I’m working on a Doodley paint and Dread has recreated Steve’s striking Bleach Skyline from 4za.
Untitled by koiftt, on Flickr

1 Like

thanks to koiftt for paying tribute to Doodley. 5 years already that our friend has left us, and he still misses all the community. here is my humble contribution.

unfortunately I can not edit photos, my pc and out of service for now :no_mouth:

No problem Pat, it’ll be my honour to host pics of your cars!
Two beautiful Doodley Squat Tribute paints by FRDT Pat theCat
Tribute 5 years for Steve Brieno aka/Doodley Squat.FH4 by FRDT pat the cat 0/Power of Painter, on Flickr

2 Likes

Nice tribute Koiftt, I’ll keep an eye out for the paints

Thanks Wan Ge, not entirely sure how each person will share paints at the moment, obviously everybody is free to do whatever they want with their own creations! Will get with Dread to see his plans for the Skyline.
My tribute is a remake of Doodley’s collab with Evil Will Rise, the Toon Patrol Jessica Rabbit NASCAR. It will be a participation paint for those that race Deadlights NASCAR on Motorsport 7 on May 1st.
I will transfer it to Horizon, probably on the MB AMG GT 4. The Horizon races will take place Thursday May 2nd.

1 Like

Tribute cars looking good. My Bleach tribute car will be put in my store front with in the hr. Great job guys, and thanks koiftt for taking the time to put this together.

1 Like

I remember I had Doodley on my friends list back in the day although we never had an occasion to actually speak. I certainly do remember him being very active on here back when the forums (& game) had a real community.

The cars look great, really nice tribute guys :clap:t5:

Thanks for sharing Dread,certainly got me a copy.
Thanks for stopping by Midnyte, and yeah Doodley was a very active member of the forums, he always had something on the go.
My Toon Patrol tribute on the Mercedes AMG got 4 is up and will be shared for a few days,

1 Like

The Dood, great guy indeed, sorry for not being able to put something together guys… your work looks stellar!!

This was me :grimacing::wink: