Dont buy forza 6 ultimate edition download edition

Thanks for not being a [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] and helping me out with the issues they said I had I do appreciate the help on this very much bud and thanks for being nice about it.

as for the issue, I am still having the same issue so for some reason it is not resolved when I just tried it. sorry for being a pain bud I know you are just trying to help.

No problem man, glad I could help sort this out, and I hope you’ll be enjoying Forza 6 on September 10th along with the rest of us.

1 Like

Just to accentuate the point:

A Microsoft CSR once told me I would have to un-install a program from my old computer before they could help me activate it on my new computer. When informed that this was not possible, due to hurricane damage, and a resulting small fire, the CSR replied, “Have you called the fire department?”…

Because, yes, obviously I’m sitting in the middle of a hurricane, warming myself by the light of my burning computer, trying to install a video game. Calling the fire department? What’s that?

And when informed that the fire was two weeks previous, had been due to a short, caused by water damage in the wall, and that the computer had been near that wall, but was no longer on fire, she replied with “I’m sorry to hear that, but we have no way of verifying that you are not attempting to install the program on multiple computers. Is it badly damaged? Is there any way to turn it on and check?”.

Because, yes, it’s perfectly safe to plug in a fire charred husk of a desktop PC, and turn it on. The smell of ozone and burnt plastic goes great with the post hurricane water damage/mildew smell. Burnt flesh is even better. I’ll just go haul the thing back out from whatever dump it now resides…

So I explained that this was definitely not going to be an option, to which she replied, " I’m truly sorry. I don’t believe there is anything I can do for you. Policy states that the program must be un-installed from the old machine, before it can be activated on a new one.".

Ok, fine, bye bye bye then.

Hang up. Dial the number again. Get a new rep.

New Rep listens to the problem, has me give him the code, resets it or something, and five minutes later the game is working on the new machine.

Moral of the story: Don’t set fire to a computer involving a Microsoft product. There’s a 50% chance that the customer service rep will try to get you killed.

9 Likes

This…

The only thing you can do at this point is simply wait. The game has just gone gold, so it should be uploaded to the servers and ready to download soon enough. Until that time, all you can do is wait and get hyped like the rest of us.

That was beautiful. Haha

1 Like

Hi there I’ve pre-ordered Forza 6 on the Xbox but its not letting me do the full 44 gb download.

thanks

LMAO! the pipboy and armor wouldn’t came in handy there.

Best thread ever

I hope it never locks

we need a time machine to go forward much faster than this!

This post takes the cake as the most idiotic one I’ve ever seen. Jesus…

Well, that escalated quickly.

Apologies for the confusion caused by Microsoft sending you here but the game is not yet ready for pre-loading as it has just gone gold. It will be ready soon, at the very least prior to early access lauch on 10 September. We understand that you’ve displayed olympian amounts of patience up until know and humbly ask for just a little more and you’ll soon have that which you seek.

For the record, the rest of you could be a little more charitable as well.

6 Likes

Ok, the guy was confused and that fact wasnt helped by microsoft but some of the replys here are also less than helpful. If future llease try and remember that not everyone is a technical whizz and things will probably get worse over the next month or so, so if you cant help or offer advice then please dont get involved at all.

As the op serms more aware of the situation im going to lock this now.

4 Likes